Arrest Made In Ferguson Shooting of Two Cops

Proud Tiger

To make an addition, do people see what trayvon did as being in the wrong?

People's opinion don't really matter. The Grand Jury was charged with hearing hours and hours of testimony and reviewing ALL the evidence and, evidently, what they heard and saw didn't exactly lead them to the conclusion that Trayvon was simply an innocent victim. He had marijuana in his system, stolen jewelry was found in his school locker and he engaged in on line discussions the very day of the incident about making sizzurp. He also had stated on-line that he wanted a martial arts re-match with a guy he had already beaten because he hadn't bled enough. Its sad the kid had to die, everyone agrees with that but he opened himself up to it when he decided he wanted to fight Zimmerman, instead of simply going home, and was on top of him pounding his head on the concrete.

Blue not to split hairs but i believe the Grand Jury indicted Zimmerman but the Trial Jury acquitted him. I have seen this a lot lately.

Blue not to split hairs but i believe the Grand Jury indicted Zimmerman but the Trial Jury acquitted him. I have seen this a lot lately.

They did but only after receiving a lot of pressure from the DoJ. They knew they didn't have the evidence to convict him and generally speaking in that situation no indictment follows. But, yeah, you're right, however, it didn't come immediately but only after Obama and Holder chimed in, on the wrong side of it, as has been their habit. The Grand Jury was present during the the trial...saw the evidence and heard the testimonies and ruled not guilty.An indictment only means there is reasonable suspicion. In this case the suspicion was manufactured and the indictment never would have come w/o outside pressure from aforementioned parties.

Someone is confused about what a "grand" jury actually does.

My bad. You're obviously right but,Im not as confused as I seem. The Grand Jury brought the charges after receiving significant pressure to do so. The jury of peers approved by both counsel, after hearing all the testimony and seeing all the evidence, found him not guilty.

Are you still saying "the grand jury was present during the trial...... And ruled not guilty"?

Nope. That was a function of typing too fast. Did you read my post?

I don't recall a grand jury in the Zimmerman case. It was all done by the state Attorney. She decided to press charges because of political reasons.

i don't remember it , but i think the grand jury process is mandatory inthis country. However you are right the pa almost always makes the decision and files charges. The grand jury almost always indicts.

Many Conservatives are Blowing it on the Ferguson DOJ Report

I am not going to sugar coat this or engage in a lot of pointless throat clearing here – the report, taken as a whole, even in terms of material collected exclusively from FPD documents, is incredibly damning of police and municipal court practices in Ferguson. Anyone who can read the actual report itself and be comfortable with the fact that citizens of an American city live under such a regime is frankly not someone who is ideologically aligned with me in any meaningful way. The practices of the FPD and Municipal Court are destructive to freedom and in blatant violation of our constitutional rights, and they depend for sufferance on the fact that most people are not willing (or, in the case of most of Ferguson’s residents, able) to mount an expensive legal fight for relatively trivial amounts of money such as are involved in a traffic ticket. Evidence of the Ferguson PD’s knowledge of their blatantly unconstitutional practices (especially with respect to the habitual issuance of arrest warrants for missing a payment) is shown in the report by the way that the Municipal Court regularly drops these warrants as soon as a defendant appears with counsel.

I am singularly unimpressed with the argument that the report should be dismissed because it is the product of the Holder DOJ’s dissatisfaction at the resolution of the Michael Brown case. The implicit admission in such an argument is that many police departments are worse; if so, the proper response is not to excuse the Ferguson PD but rather to acknowledge that there are, in fact, systemic problems that exist on a widespread basis that should also be solved.

These problems, largely, have their root in the first matter highlighted above – that many municipal police departments face increasing and unrelenting pressure from city hall to fill increasingly wide gaps in revenue with money from fines and citations. Even a well-intentioned police officer who respects freedom, the citizenry, and vulnerable populations can succumb to temptation when his paycheck and his ability to feed his family is put on the line. And in those cases, where legitimate offenses do not occur, he will be sorely tempted to create them, and to create them among the portion of the populace that is least likely to complain and least likely to be believed when they do complain: non-wealthy black citizens.

Until we, as a people, are willing to understand and address the problem, it will never get better. Until we are willing to hold our municipal officials accountable for using the police force to suck money out of people’s pockets instead of legitimately protecting the public safety, the problem will get worse. But most importantly, until and unless we are able to emotionally detach ourselves from the horrible Michael Brown situation and see that what has been exposed, even according to the (probably whitewashed) FPD records, is a travesty, there is no hope for improvement.

And I categorically reject and condemn the claim that this report or President Obama’s comments upon it led to the shooting of those two officers in Ferguson. Like everyone else, I deplore and condemn these acts of unjust violence. But the fact that they occurred does not mean that the truth behind the report caused them. It is possible to condemn unjust and oppressive policing and also the unprovoked murder of police, and it is indicative of societal sickness caused by excessive partisanship that makes us unable to see that.

We can do better than our response to the Ferguson DOJ report. And our country deserves better from us.

http://www.redstate....son-doj-report/

People's opinion don't really matter. The Grand Jury was charged with hearing hours and hours of testimony and reviewing ALL the evidence and, evidently, what they heard and saw didn't exactly lead them to the conclusion that Trayvon was simply an innocent victim. He had marijuana in his system, stolen jewelry was found in his school locker and he engaged in on line discussions the very day of the incident about making sizzurp. He also had stated on-line that he wanted a martial arts re-match with a guy he had already beaten because he hadn't bled enough. Its sad the kid had to die, everyone agrees with that but he opened himself up to it when he decided he wanted to fight Zimmerman, instead of simply going home, and was on top of him pounding his head on the concrete.

Trayvon's only mistake was not pounding Zimmerman hard enough to "neutralize the threat". If he had knocked him out or even killed him, he'd be alive today.

Trayvon's only mistake was not pounding Zimmerman hard enough to "neutralize the threat". If he had knocked him out or even killed him, he'd be alive today.

Would he be in jail? Could he have successfully invoked the "Stand Your Ground" law?

Would he be in jail? Could he have successfully invoked the "Stand Your Ground" law?

Are you kidding?

Zimmerman's not in jail is he?

Only if he bleached his skin before trial :Sing:

if he had told investigators he hid and attacked the "creepy cracker" then he might be in trouble. But if he said he was tracked down and attacked by GZ then it was self defense and no one else saw it start. Either way we would have never heard about it.

if he had told investigators he hid and attacked the "creepy cracker" then he might be in trouble. But if he said he was tracked down and attacked by GZ then it was self defense and no one else saw it start. Either way we would have never heard about it.

Anyone who stalks me at night qualifies as "creepy", cracker or not. ;D

Anyone who stalks me at night qualifies as "creepy", cracker or not. ;D

That was my thought in it as well, although apparently not a popular one.

If I see a car slowly following me, then I take a path off the road and the car stops and the driver gets out to continue to pursue me.

My first thought is going to be, I best not lead this guy right to my house. best to initiate and end the threat. Then again, I'm slightly paranoid about these types of things, and I have a dislike for "creepy crackers" who are actually hispanic. :bananadance:

Archived