UVA Student

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap happens when you are drunk and act like an idiot and break the law, whatever the head bleeds profusely even with a small cut. Maybe if he was sober he would have put his hands out to break his fall just saying

While it is unclear what happened before this, based on news reports, it doesn't sound violent and it has been proven he did not have a fake ID. Drunk underage kids is something to be expected by college campuses, including Auburn. I am wondering if it was really necessary to throw the kid on the ground.

We dont have the facts, but with whT we do have it seems a cop was at least guilty of using excessive force. That is pretty evident. The question is why. What triggered this. That matters too. By most accounts this is a good kid. I don't predict we will see a video of him committing robbery a few minutes prior to this confrontation. I however don't think this is worthy of national news.

Crap happens when you are drunk and act like an idiot and break the law, whatever the head bleeds profusely even with a small cut. Maybe if he was sober he would have put his hands out to break his fall just saying

Lol

Charged with obstruction of justice without force and public swearing or intoxication:

http://www.foxnews.c...student-arrest/

Police cracked him open good

Virginia ABC, I thought I remember their prior problem at UVA. I have no problem with police enforcing laws concering underage drinking, but does the state need a dedicated group for this? If they do they should be better trained in enforcement.

The state of Virginia reached a $212,500 settlement last year with a UVA student who was arrested after her purchase of water was mistaken for beer.

Elizabeth Daly fled in terror outside a Charlottesville supermarket in April 2013 when her vehicle was swarmed by state ABC agents who mistook her just-purchased carton of sparkling water for beer.

I'd love to have someone explain how one might obstruct justice without force. Sounds like a BS, catch-all charge put to use when a wee man gets his jimmies rustled.

Why do people, who demonstrably do not have the facts, flap their gums as if they do?

Confirmation bias. Cop apologists are ate up with it.

yea, :-\ cop hating race baiters always stay mum till they have facts.

Policeman can treat people any type of way and guarantee at least one person will justify every decision they make....

Hyper sensitive world we live in.

Kids do wrong, all the time. Cop arrests kids doing wrong, 100, 1000 times, no incident. One real bad photo ,and OMG!!!!! WE'RE SOOOO... ( fill in the blank )

Get over it folks.

Hyper sensitive world we live in.

Kids do wrong, all the time. Cop arrests kids doing wrong, 100, 1000 times, no incident. One real bad photo ,and OMG!!!!! WE'RE SOOOO... ( fill in the blank )

Get over it folks.

One bad photo? Kid was thrown to the ground, his head cracked open. It was more than one bad photo. Apologists never cease to amaze me.

I'd love to have someone explain how one might obstruct justice without force. Sounds like a BS, catch-all charge put to use when a wee man gets his jimmies rustled.

A hypothetical that may not line up with this particular case:

Cop overhears/observes you trying to use a fake ID to get into a bar and being turned away because the bouncer could tell it was fake. Cop then pulls you aside and, with probable cause to do so, asks you to show him the fake ID. You refuse. That by itself would be obstruction of justice in a police investigation.

Another example would be when the police launch an investigation of some alleged illegalities at the company you work for. They come raid the business and start seizing documents and computers. You quickly snatch a compact thumb drive out of your computer that contains a lot of incriminating files and documents on it and manage to sneak it out of the building. Later the computer forensics people can see in the logs that an external drive was removed from the computer about the time the police raid happened and they can't account for the drive in their inventory. You are charged with obstruction of justice.

I imagine the "without the use of force" thing is a lesser charge under Virginia law than say, trying to keep an officer from your friend by grabbing or assaulting the officer to try and let your buddy get away.

Cop overreacted. He should have offered cuddles & positive , affirming words of support.

Turns out, he had no fake ID. So reason to question and follow up, sure. I'm skeptical that there were reasons for violent force, especially given that this particular unit has already had issues with this in the past.

LINK

Cop overreacted. He should have offered cuddles & positive , affirming words of support.

Why do people always resort to this bull**** false dichotomy kind of response? It's so hackneyed and unoriginal. The choices aren't:

A. Slam kid who wasn't being violent to the concrete and bloody his face.

B. Offer cuddles.

Why can't people use the brain they were supplied with and understand there's a vast middle ground of reasonable reaction by cops that lie between those two idiotic extremes?

Why do people always resort to this bull**** false dichotomy kind of response? It's so hackneyed and unoriginal. The choices aren't:

B. Offer cuddles.

Why can't people use the brain they were supplied with and understand there's a vast middle ground of reasonable reaction by cops that lie between those two idiotic extremes?

Do you know how hard it is to debate without doing that?

B. Offer cuddles.

Do you know how hard it is to debate without doing that?

Has anyone thought that maybe he did offer cuddles, and the injury came about due to the awesome strength that came from such a powerful love filled embrace?

My point ? 1 bad cop does not = a racist system.

Many, some here I suspect, want to push that agenda.

B. Offer cuddles.

Because if you are too simple-minded to address actual reality - which tends to be complicated and nuanced - you can fabricate an absurd dichotomy that fits with your simple-mindedness.

Its a way of making yourself feel you have things figured out.

Why support & promote a known lie " H.U.D.S " to push an agenda ?

Who are you asking?

Open question to anyone.

Archived