UAT troubled Signee, Jonathan Taylor Arrested

around4ever

Yesterday's Capstone Report article was titled "Jonathan Taylor Experiment Proves Some Can Be Helped, Some Can't"

So it was simply a harmless "EXPERIMENT"???? The article essentially says it's everybody else's fault that this occurred (including Auburn). And, predictably, places zero culpability at the feet of Saban. Oh, and this little gem, which is worthy of Pulitzer recognition.....

"The 335lb. gorilla in the room is that there is a young man in Tuscaloosa who has a problem at best, and is a potential threat to society at worst."

Pretty sure statements such as that got Howard Cosell, Al Campanis and others villified.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's Capstone Report article was titled "Jonathan Taylor Experiment Proves Some Can Be Helped, Some Can't"

So it was simply a harmless "EXPERIMENT"????

The article essentially says it's everybody else's fault that this occurred (including Auburn). And, predictably, places zero culpability at the feet of Saban.

Oh, and this little gem, which is worthy of Pulitzer recognition.....

"The 335lb. gorilla in the room is that there is a young man in Tuscaloosa who has a problem at best, and is a potential threat to society at worst."

Pretty sure statements such as that got Howard Cosell, Al Campanis and others villified.

On par for the course. I wouldn't be surprised if the Capstone declared nicky a saint for his "altruistic efforts in attempting to rehabilitate a violent criminal into a model citizen after football." Que the long "I care for my players" speech and then all of a sudden the toofless bammers are demanding that Saban receives a Nobel Peace Prize for "fulanthropee. "

So it was simply a harmless "EXPERIMENT"????

The article essentially says it's everybody else's fault that this occurred (including Auburn). And, predictably, places zero culpability at the feet of Saban.

Oh, and this little gem, which is worthy of Pulitzer recognition.....

On par for the course. I wouldn't be surprised if the Capstone declared nicky a saint for his "altruistic efforts in attempting to rehabilitate a violent criminal into a model citizen after football." Que the long "I care for my players" speech and then all of a sudden the toofless bammers are demanding that Saban receives a Nobel Peace Prize for "fulanthropee. "

Everybody has their opinions of course but in my view, the fact that the guy came to bama to play football...totally kills any altruistic motive in admitting him to the school. If bama (or Auburn for that matter) wants to give a delinquent a second chance, then award him a "Second Chance" scholarship and have him spend a year on campus as regular student, taking standard classes, working in the food service area of a dorm or at some local social services agency....and have him demonstrate that he has been reformed....before he shows up at practice or the weight room or the athletic dining hall.

Putting him in a athletic program, housing and feeding him and watching him like a hawk....hoping he does not screw up again..... proves nothing....IMO. As it was, the athletic department exposed the female students of that school to an apparently charming but dangerous person and everyone concerned is just lucky that nothing worse happened.

@MattSmithCFB: No. That's on you, Nick, not the institution. RT @AaronSuttles Saban: I think as an institution we'll look at how we do things in the future

@DanWolken: Wrong answer, Nick RT @AlexS_ESPN: Saban: “I’m not sorry for giving him an opportunity. I’m sorry for how things worked out.”

@ChaseGoodbread: Biggest disconnect in Saban remarks: A.) Not sorry for admitting the kid, but B.) we will learn from this. ... What's to learn if not sorry?

@John_P_Carvalho: What's so bad about saying, "We made a mistake. We won't make it again"?

@JeffDuncan_: Agree with Paul Finebaum. Saban completely blew that press conference. He came across as defensive, arrogant & insensitive to situation.

@JeffDuncan_: Agree with Paul Finebaum. Saban completely blew that press conference. He came across as defensive, arrogant & insensitive to situation.

So just another day in the world of Nick Saban.

Since the nickster has been such a jackazz to the media for years I bet some of them are enjoying this opportunity to take shots at him now.

This situation just highlights who he really is and what bammer is all about.

Did not watch or listen to the press conference. Did Saban AT LEAST say something along the lines of "I am sorry to the victim", or "Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and her family", etc.... any mention of anything like that?

So just another day in the world of Nick Saban.

Ha, precisely. Anybody expecting him to admit culpability is completely insane.

where in the hell are the ADs and university presidents in all of this? if am am the president of UAT, i say no way in hell. nicky, if you want this kid and he can be accepted to the university under the standard application rules, then he can come to school but NO WAY in hell he steps foot in a football practice facility until this issue in GA is resolved one way or another. once that matter has run its course, we can discuss this further. how, get your short ass out of my office.

where in the hell are the ADs and university presidents in all of this? if am am the president of UAT, i say no way in hell. nicky, if you want this kid and he can be accepted to the university under the standard application rules, then he can come to school but NO WAY in hell he steps foot in a football practice facility until this issue in GA is resolved one way or another. once that matter has run its course, we can discuss this further. how, get your short ass out of my office.

You do know that the UA President and the AD does whatever Nick Saban tells them to do. He runs that university.

It was Steve Spurrier that explained how Bama and Lil Nickie are a perfect fit: "A coach without a conscience, and a fan base that doesn't care"

Do you actually think Lil Nickie cares about the victim in this crime or his daughters victims in her crimes? Asking if Saban said: my thoughts and prayers are with the victim?? For one's thoughts to be with the victim or her family, one would have to think of something other than oneself and the advancement of said self!

To have the victims family in ones prayers, one would have to be a person who prays. Saban feels people should bow and pray to him (and they do) so why on earth would he pray for anyone else?

At least this one didn't get swept under the rug like most bammer incidents!

You do know that the UA President and the AD does whatever Nick Saban tells them to do. He runs that university.

He influences a large part of the state too....

Well what do you know, according to the Bleacher Report ; mr. Tailors accuser is now saying she lied about the whole thing. Maybe REC influenced?

...and has been arrested for giving a false police report.

This is starting to smell. If Little Nicky reinstated him you know something dirty was going on. As someone pointed out, Nicky's statement left a door open for him to return.

I think it would put Bama in a worse light if they bring him back, because the narrative after this most recent accusation was "why did they accept him on the team in the first place?" IMO

This is starting to smell. If Little Nicky reinstated him you know something dirty was going on. As someone pointed out, Nicky's statement left a door open for him to return.

Exactly

One has to believe that someone is paying that girl off. She waits until AFTER Taylor is dismissed from the team, and Saban has that awful press conference, to decide she made this up? Was she not aware of the consequences if she admitted to filing a false report? Saban is getting slammed all over the US over this kid, and now she decides she made this up? I call shenanigans on this.

Probably the last thing Nick Saban wanted to be honest. Now, instead of the issue being done, this actually stirs everything up again, and if he even thinks about reinstating Taylor again, it will create a perception nightmare for UAT. As we all know with AU's past "issues," perception is truth to the general public. Popcorn ready.

Archived