UAT troubled Signee, Jonathan Taylor Arrested

around4ever

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One has to believe that someone is paying that girl off. She waits until AFTER Taylor is dismissed from the team, and Saban has that awful press conference, to decide she made this up? Was she not aware of the consequences if she admitted to filing a false report? Saban is getting slammed all over the US over this kid, and now she decides she made this up? I call shenanigans on this.

This either went down two ways.

The incident really did happen and she just cashed in a paycheck.

The incident didn't happen and she was so hurt/angry (I haven't read the articles about the cause if they are given) that she used his past against him to get even in rage, then realized the extent of damage she would cause to the guys life and owned up. Went all Walking Dead Carol on him with the I can say what I want, they will believe you tried to hurt me bit.

With the heat the university and Saban are taking on this though, I am leaning toward the first scenario.

If she was arrested, it must have been obvious that she was lying. What a wild situation.

Probably the last thing Nick Saban wanted to be honest. Now, instead of the issue being done, this actually stirs everything up again, and if he even thinks about reinstating Taylor again, it will create a perception nightmare for UAT. As we all know with AU's past "issues," perception is truth to the general public. Popcorn ready.

Pass the popcorn. This is gonna be fun to watch.

Someone should check to see if this young woman drives a new car, takes an exotic vacation, or shows other signs of new-found wealth.

Didn't she reportedly have scratch marks on her neck when the police arrived and arrested Taylor? Did he deny her accusations? When Saban was faced with those 4 guys who mugged s couple of students, he waited until the justice process played out before kicking those guys off the team (even though he reinstated one of them). Why didn't Saban wait until the judicial process play out on this kid, unless he either thought the accusation was true, or Taylor himself admitted it was true? I could see this woman dropping the charges, but to admit she lied? Either her conscience was making her life hell, or she's a total moron, or she's been assured that her life will comfortable after this mess plays through.

I would think that Taylor would have taken to social media his innocence proclamations if he was really innocent. Kind of like Andrew Williams when he said something along the lines of "don't believe everything you hear" after the veteran / dog fiasco.

I would think that Taylor would have took to social media his innocence proclamations if he was really innocent. Kind of like Andrew Williams saying something along the lines of "don't believe everything you hear" after the veteran / dog fiasco.

Does Taylor have a legal claim against Saban and UAT for wrongful dismissal?

Excellent points.

It's going to be interesting watching this play out.

Even though the girl recanted her story the arresting officers have said there was enough physical evidence at the scene and on her to justify the arrest. I'm not sure if her testimony would be needed for a conviction or if the physical evidence is enough.

It was Steve Spurrier that explained how Bama and Lil Nickie are a perfect fit: "A coach without a conscience, and a fan base that doesn't care"

Do you actually think Lil Nickie cares about the victim in this crime or his daughters victims in her crimes? Asking if Saban said: my thoughts and prayers are with the victim?? For one's thoughts to be with the victim or her family, one would have to think of something other than oneself and the advancement of said self!

To have the victims family in ones prayers, one would have to be a person who prays. Saban feels people should bow and pray to him (and they do) so why on earth would he pray for anyone else?

At least this one didn't get swept under the rug like most bammer incidents!

spot on..

The one reason it didn't get swept under the rug immediately is it's domestic violence. In today's society there are all kinds of ramifications for that. They can include legal liability maybe even civil rights violations. Then there's the public relations nightmare aspect. You try to cover that up then later on it comes to light, you've bought yourself a whole lot of trouble that not even the mighty Bammer machine can handle.

Yeah he is dismissed now. Jeez what a disaster for them this weekend. We need a trifecta

I think we got one in Tyron Jones. Haha. I was kidding too. Ha

No way he gets back on the team. Even if she lied, which I doubt, karma is doing a dance on both he and bama.

Domestic violence victims commonly refuse to follow through after police have settled the dispute...and unfortunately, many go back for another dose.

But as several people noted, with the spotlight on DV, IMO, only a stupid (or totally tone deaf) coach would ignore the evidence and police reports to let a guy retain his scholarship or put him on scholarship. After the recent press conference it's pretty obvious that NS is one or the other.

I have questions ~

Why hasn't the DV incident in Georgia been resolved, it's been over 18 months and the case hasn't even been heard or gone before a judge? What's the holdup? Why hasn't the Georgia victim pressed to get this resolved?

Why did the cops arrest the Tuscaloosa victim? Just because she later recanted her story doesn't mean there was no hole in the wall and no marks on her neck.....They arrested Taylor based on the on-site investigation and there was enough evidence that they put him in jail. So, why arrest the victim just because she said she lied? I'm sure the cops took photos of the hole in the wall and of her neck.

I have questions ~

Why hasn't the DV incident in Georgia been resolved, it's been over 18 months and the case hasn't even been heard or gone before a judge? What's the holdup? Why hasn't the Georgia victim pressed to get this resolved?

Why did the cops arrest the Tuscaloosa victim? Just because she later recanted her story doesn't mean there was no hole in the wall and no marks on her neck.....They arrested Taylor based on the on-site investigation and there was enough evidence that they put him in jail. So, why arrest the victim just because she said she lied? I'm sure the cops took photos of the hole in the wall and of her neck.

was she arrested?

I see she was. No way the charges will stick against him without her cooperation. Probably did happen. No chance to prove in court. As for saban, good luck. Damned either way.

Personally I think this is gonna end up with Taylor not getting back on the team even though she "lied." Media is gonna say "look at Saban he has morales. Guy was innocent and still didn't take him back." Fans are gonna say "That Saban is a class act Cletus." Damage control on Sabans image basically.

i hope he is reinstated then it happens again about labor day. :cool:/>

Hope what happens again?

it

Well...the "it" that has made the headlines is that he allegedly assaulted another young woman. Are you talking about that "it" or a different "it"?

i hope he is reinstated then it happens again about labor day. :cool:/>

Hope what happens again?

it

Well...the "it" that has made the headlines is that he allegedly assaulted another young woman. Are you talking about that "it" or a different "it"?

Link would be awesome.

Archived