OT: AU Main Campus Sign - Landscaping Improvements

RunInRed

Not sure if its rumor or fact but I heard the Toomers corner intersection is going to be cobblestoned as well. Any info on that RIR?

Fact.

The article stated that colored, inlaid brick would be used in the intersection. There was no mention of cobblestone, unless I missed it.

The article stated that colored, inlaid brick would be used in the intersection. There was no mention of cobblestone, unless I missed it.

Nobody uses true cobblestone any more. Most people refer to brick roadways as "cobblestone".

Thank you for posting these pictures. Those of us who live far away and get few chances to come back really appreciate seeing the campus we love so much.

During the fight to save the original trees there was a live camera going it would be nice if they could put that back up permanently so we can see the changes in both the trees and the work in the entrance to Auburn.

Thank you for posting these pictures. Those of us who live far away and get few chances to come back really appreciate seeing the campus we love so much.

During the fight to save the original trees there was a live camera going it would be nice if they could put that back up permanently so we can see the changes in both the trees and the work in the entrance to Auburn.

Ask you shall receive!

http://www.auburnalabama.org/mvc/cams/City-Cameras/Toomer's-Corner

Beautiful campus....great work by AU people to apply their "master plan" that I recall seeing about a dozen years ago during a visit for a football game...totally transformed the campus.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the updates...opening the view from the street toward Big Sam is great improvement .....and in past years Samford has gained a lot of notoriety as thee pictorial symbol of AU.

There was a time when I was in school that the building was in poor condition and barely visible from the street.. JMO but the ice storm some years back did us a favor and the landscaping people have done an outstanding job to turn the building and front lawn into a show piece.

gilstein21

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

Thatch Ave through campus today is so nice. Jealous that it was still a traffic mess when I was a student.

its THACH! like my last name. always misspelled.

gilstein21

Thatch Ave through campus today is so nice. Jealous that it was still a traffic mess when I was a student.

Well aren't you special............................. :poke:

gilstein21

Well aren't you special............................. :poke:

THACH the way I like it.

http://youtu.be/83I9El6C47A

Archived