NCAA Super Regionals - AU vs. La-Lafayette - Game 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan grounder to second...throw comes home.....SAFE.....AUBURN WINS...AUBURN WINS...12-11 unbelievable..

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!

Was this said in your best Rod Bramlett voice?

Well....for those who left when it was 10-5 someone might send them a PM to give them the score.

WE....

No offense to Cam, but we need to put one of these ladies on the home page for awhile. Karma? Lol

Good game and congrats on the win.

Best of luck tomorrow.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

...and I guess war eagle

You guys gained a fan in me when you stepped up and sang the national anthem with no music last weekend. See you tomorrow.

Well....for those who left when it was 10-5 someone might send them a PM to give them the score.

WE....

Well, you can tell from my posts I thought it was over, but if I was at the game, no way I leave early.

Can someone with maybe more softball knowledge (which would be everyone here) link me to the rule about the warmup pitches?

Good game and congrats on the win.

Best of luck tomorrow.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

...and I guess war eagle

Thanks! Come back tomorrow and we'll all do it again (hopefully in a less stressful fashion for both sides involved). That's a great softball team you support.

Can someone with maybe more softball knowledge (which would be everyone here) link me to the rule about the warmup pitches?

Here's the rule on it... Pretty straight forward.

10.19.3 After a pitching change, a relief pitcher may throw not more than five

pitches or four pitches and one throw to first base or any combination that is

limited to five throws from the pitcher in a continuous manner. Play shall be

suspended during this time. A pitcher shall not be allowed warm-up pitches if

returning to pitch in the same half-inning.

EFFECT—(10.19.1 to 10.19.3)—A ball shall be awarded to the next batter(s)

faced for each excessive warm-up pitch/throw.

Since Carosone already had a 2-0 count on her when the change was made the two throws to short or 3rd (whomever she was throwing it too) were balls 3 and 4 and caused the walk.

I'm no rules expert, but I help take care of these athletes quite a bit...so...

As I understand it, if the pitcher is in the circle (mound) and throws to ANY player in a way that is deemed an attempt to duplicate the pitching process after warmup tosses are completed, then the throw is an "illegal pitch." It is the discretion of the ump as to whether the throw duplicates the motion of a pitch, which I would say in this case def was.

That said, I've seen the call before after one throw too many (so extra ball) but not two. Also adding to the perfect storm was that the bases were loaded, last inning, super regional, and a 2-0 count on the batter.

Wild! Wde

What an AUsome game. The Lady Tigers just don't give up. We have a great softball coaching. GREAT WIN.

Auburn Athletics gives me heart issues. WDE

Lol! Me too.

I am just stunned..... in a good way. These Lady Tigers just never stop fighting.

War Damn Eagle!

I need a heart transplant after that game! WDE! Softball is so much better to watch than baseball. Teams are never out of the game.

Archived