2016 4* LB Daniel Bituli (Tennessee commit)

He's at the top or near the top of AU's LBer board ...

RrDheiMR.jpeg

Daniel Bituli, OLB

Nashville, TN (Nashville Christian School)

Ht: 6'3.5 | Wt: 235

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 153, No. 15 OLB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 141, No. 6 LB)

Rivals: 4* (No. 21 OLB)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank - No. 200, No. 14 OLB)

Offers: Auburn, Florida, Illinois, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Western Kentucky, among others.

• Unofficial Visit to AU 6/11/15 and 3/14/15
  • AU offered 1/21/15
  • Deciding between AU and Tennessee

"I'd say I'm deciding between Tennessee and Auburn," Bituli told 247Sports. They're pretty tight right now. I'd say they're tied at the moment."

"(Muschamp) was the main thing that stood out," he said. "Just the amount of guys that he's put into the NFL."

"I want to be familiar with the coaches that I might be playing for the next four years," he said. "I enjoyed Tennessee's linebacker drills and stuff like that. They did teach them some things I need to work on and stuff like that to just help my game. I was watching (the linebackers) the whole time. I enjoyed it. (Thigpen) really has a good relationship with just about every linebacker there, and he really knows what he's doing."

http://www.al.com/au...uli_decidi.html

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is UT still leading for him or have we pulled even?

His visit is not over yet. Going into it though UT led but the AU staff felt they have a real shot.

Watched his film. He looks amazing. He is playing in TN and he goes to a private school. His competition may not be the best. That said, you can tell on film he is highly skilled, is fast and hit like a ton of bricks. Whoever gets him will be very pleased.

Watched his film. He looks amazing. He is playing in TN and he goes to a private school. His competition may not be the best. That said, you can tell on film he is highly skilled, is fast and hit like a ton of bricks. Whoever gets him will be very pleased.

Looking at their schedule, the only one that I remember from HS in Knoxville was Pope John Paul II. We played them in the state championship a couple of times. They were alright, but not great. I think that you're right, that the competition isn't great, but that shouldn't take away from DB's skills. He's definitely a heck of a ball player.

Bruh passes the eye test

Yup.

I wonder what it's like to be that physically superior to 21 other guys on a football field.

Bet it's fun

Keith Niebuhr just CB'd him to AU today. I'd take him over Lyndell Wilson.

Wow. Keith's pick surprises me a bit.

Keith Niebuhr just CB'd him to AU today. I'd take him over Lyndell Wilson.

Wow. Keith's pick surprises me a bit.

Me, too; but I like it!

Bruh passes the eye test

Yup.

I wonder what it's like to be that physically superior to 21 other guys on a football field.

It is pretty cool, but I always tried not to be a "show off".

;)

Bruh passes the eye test

Yup.

It is pretty cool, but I always tried not to be a "show off".

Kinda had you in mind when I asked, Dixie :)

I'd take him over Lyndell Wilson.

635515964280865297-8886480_michaelscott10.gif

Now that's funny

Funny but DB is currently the top player in the state of Tennessee and I like his size.

Now that's funny

Funny but DB is currently the top player in the state of Tennessee and I like his size.

Since Wilson has no interest in us and we hope this guy does, then ok. If Wilson were legitimately considering us and the decision was between the two, then Wilson would win hands down. However; given our great need on D, Bituli would be a nice pick up.

wde

Now that's funny

What does being the #1 player in Tennessee have to do with it? Mack is the #1 guy in Alabama and if he played in Tennessee, he'd be the #1 guy there. I like Bituli a lot but at least give valid reasons for choosing him over Mack.

I would take Bituli, Lamar, & Mbem-Bosse and call it a day! I would concede Davis & Wilson to Alabama at this point, but I'm still hopeful on Keion Joyner. Mbem-Bosse will be in the fold soon. Let's hope that we can land Bituli and Lamar.

I would take Bituli, Lamar, & Mbem-Bosse and call it a day! I would concede Davis & Wilson to Alabama at this point, but I'm still hopeful on Keion Joyner. Mbem-Bosse will be in the fold soon. Let's hope that we can land Bituli and Lamar.

Ben Davis is giving us a real shot. Don't concede him just cause his buddy got butthurt.

Archived