I'm confused and getting kind of nervous

AURex

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the roster right now - full of 4 and 5 stars on the DL. We have recruited well for years.... yet we have not fielded a top 50 national defense in almost a decade. Let that sink in...

For the first time in a long time, I trust the defensive coaches to know what they are doing. If it takes us pulling in 8 players ranked 3 stars on the DL, then so be it. It isn't like the 4 and 5 star DL players have panned out recently...

Best player we had recently was NF who was a 2 star or something like that...

Good post 4au and things are looking up on the DT recruiting.

First it's "Don't worry, be happy" and now it's "things are looking up."

:sleeping:

:sleeping:/>

Could be nothing at all. Take your pick.

:sleeping:/>

Could be nothing at all. Take your pick.

Rex is just a constant Negatiger. Even if we end up in the top 5 and do well at all positions he will find something to complain about or disbelievingly mock. That's just who he is. There is nothing wrong with it.

:sleeping:

Great observation rexie.... your definitely on top of things and today quote is "seeing positive waves". Maybe we should start calling you Moriaty

Yes, "seeing positive waves" is good. I like that one. :jossun: Was Quinnen Williams flipping to Bama part of that positive wave? The sunshine is so bright that I can't see.

Yes, "seeing positive waves" is good. I like that one. :jossun:/> Was Quinnen Williams flipping to Bama part of that positive wave? The sunshine is so bright that I can't see.

IMO, getting Williams to move on to turdsville only adds fuel to the fire for mr. Gary to increase our chances of landing him. Blinded

Yes, "seeing positive waves" is good. I like that one. :jossun: Was Quinnen Williams flipping to Bama part of that positive wave? The sunshine is so bright that I can't see.

FWIW the entire staff likes the combo 2 DL we have now much better than the combo of the 2 we had and who decommitted.

real men get nervous about recruiting in june

Rex is just a constant Negatiger. Even if we end up in the top 5 and do well at all positions he will find something to complain about or disbelievingly mock. That's just who he is. There is nothing wrong with it.

I have made many positive posts on AUFamily, including positive posts regarding recruiting. The fact that I occasionally ask questions that do not blind everyone with sunshine does not make me a "constant Negatiger" as you put it.

I asked a simple question when this thread began. What is explanation for the current situation with defensive line recruiting? It was not an accusation about anything or anybody. It was a straightforward question.

The answer seems to be that nobody knows what the explanation is, but that it is wrong to even ask, everyone should just say pleasant things to each other.

I have made many positive posts on AUFamily, including positive posts regarding recruiting. The fact that I occasionally ask questions that do not blind everyone with sunshine does not make me a "constant Negatiger" as you put it.

I asked a simple question when this thread began. What is explanation for the current situation with defensive line recruiting? It was not an accusation about anything or anybody. It was a straightforward question.

The answer seems to be that nobody knows what the explanation is, but that it is wrong to even ask, everyone should just say pleasant things to each other.

I'm not even talking about the OP. I responded to that a long time ago and there's no need to regurgitate it. As for your questions WDEWDE answered them. If you want more detail you may just have to accept WDEWDE may not be able to say more at this time. My post that you replied to was speaking about the sarcastic jabs you keep taking even after WDEWDE's response plus we are trending for 4 of the top DL in the nation. Now we have to finish on those guys but the fact we are trending is positive and should be pleasing for AU fans for the moment. There is nothing wrong with the jabs. It does just make you a negatiger given the current trend. Again, nothing wrong with it. As for positive recruiting posts I have not seen any recently.

you need sunglasses

Ah. Now I'm stupid. Got it.

You are not stupid. I never said nor implied that nor would I ever do it either.

Ah. Now I'm stupid. Got it.

You are not stupid. I never said nor implied that nor would I ever do it either. :iamwithstupid:

Emojis can hurt, E.

:poke:

Pretty sure Rex was referring to auburnphan's post.

I'm sure the coaches are disappointed that they have not managed to land the talent on the DL that they want. But it is not a matter of them just going after 3 stars like Tuberville did. These coaches are fighting, scrapping and going overboard to get the top talent. We need to remember that this is just Malzahn's third year and last year was disappointing. If Auburn can establish some consistency and the defense can improve then we will see some real gains in recruiting. I remember when Coach K was hired for the Duke basketball position. His first three years he went after all the big players and got NONE of them. Many wanted to fire him. But he established his program and the recruiting improved. I believe Gus Malzahn is the brightest coach in America. Certainly Muschamp is an excellent coach. We have proven assistants. We just need to get some good back-to- back seasons in. As to this year, the coaches seem to have expanded their search for DL players to a nationwide area. I believe we will pull in a couple of superstars before this is over. A lot of the big dogs wait and see where everyone is going and what schools still have openings for them to contribute right away. We will snag some of those guys. Also, as the class comes together, recruits will get excited. Once the season is on and Auburn is playing well and in the national spotlight, we will generate some more interest. I believe the team is in good hands.

I'm sure the coaches are disappointed that they have not managed to land the talent on the DL that they want. But it is not a matter of them just going after 3 stars like Tuberville did. These coaches are fighting, scrapping and going overboard to get the top talent. We need to remember that this is just Malzahn's third year and last year was disappointing. If Auburn can establish some consistency and the defense can improve then we will see some real gains in recruiting. I remember when Coach K was hired for the Duke basketball position. His first three years he went after all the big players and got NONE of them. Many wanted to fire him. But he established his program and the recruiting improved. I believe Gus Malzahn is the brightest coach in America. Certainly Muschamp is an excellent coach. We have proven assistants. We just need to get some good back-to- back seasons in. As to this year, the coaches seem to have expanded their search for DL players to a nationwide area. I believe we will pull in a couple of superstars before this is over. A lot of the big dogs wait and see where everyone is going and what schools still have openings for them to contribute right away. We will snag some of those guys. Also, as the class comes together, recruits will get excited. Once the season is on and Auburn is playing well and in the national spotlight, we will generate some more interest. I believe the team is in good hands.

Excellent points

Excellent points

+1

Excellent points

+1

Well put.

Archived