I'm confused and getting kind of nervous

AURex

For those getting nervous we currently have 11 players who say they will commit to us on Rivals that makes us 17th. 6 are 4*s. 4 are 3*,s and 1 is a 2*. of the 4 3*'s Newkirk will probably get a 4th* as will Landon Rice, Not sure about Barrett and Hamm, the 2* is the recent signee Manning and I fully expect him to get a 3*. Just with the change in stars we should move up especially since some of the teams ahead of us is based on quantity not quality.

When you add to that we are looking solid on at least one 5* and a couple of 4*s in the D-Line, Linebacker also has some 4* star kids that we look solid on and I am starting to see another very solid recruiting class.

I would like to see a special Safety, special Corner, and special O-Linemen by NSD and see a couple of the D-Linemen and LB's we are pursuing commit but this early in the game I am above satisfied.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha you're right. I always try to break things down into scenarios that people can relate to. I do it coaching as well and find that it's a good way for players to better understand what's happening on the court/field.

Tis an outstanding philosophy for any kind of teaching; I've had a lot of success tutoring athletes padawans in math by making sports analogies to relate the material, because once they realize that the only real difficulty is understanding the terminology, they start thinking of it in their own terms and figuring things out much better on their own. :)

You're welcome ;)

The status quo was achieved when you replaced your pretty ex-girlfriend, with a new girlfriend that is just as pretty or even prettier.

;D

LOL.

But I'm wondering who is actually the girl, here. Y'all are putting the recruits in the role of girls; but I think maybe Auburn is the girl. Some of these young guys want to be wanted by multiple girls; some want to play the field; some find Auburn more attractive than Alabama; and so on.

LOL, that could very well be, of course girls do that too so your analogy works both ways. But whoever does the leaving, once the other one replaces them with someone just as good or better, then status quo has been achieved. At that point it's totally irrelevant to the status, when/if the one who left does/doesn't come crawling back later. Aren't you glad you don't have to date anymore ? ;)

The status quo was achieved when you replaced your pretty ex-girlfriend, with a new girlfriend that is just as pretty or even prettier.

;D

LOL.

But I'm wondering who is actually the girl, here. Y'all are putting the recruits in the role of girls; but I think maybe Auburn is the girl. Some of these young guys want to be wanted by multiple girls; some want to play the field; some find Auburn more attractive than Alabama; and so on.

LOL, that could very well be, of course girls do that too so your analogy works both ways. But whoever does the leaving, once the other one replaces them with someone just as good or better, then status quo has been achieved. At that point it's totally irrelevant to that status quo, when/if the one who left does/doesn't come crawling back later. Aren't you glad you don't have to date anymore ? ;)

Yeah, my wife put the kibosh on that whole dating thing. To be honest, I'm not sure one is any less complicated than three. But I'm glad to have the one I have.

;D

LOL.

LOL, that could very well be, of course girls do that too so your analogy works both ways. But whoever does the leaving, once the other one replaces them with someone just as good or better, then status quo has been achieved. At that point it's totally irrelevant to that status quo, when/if the one who left does/doesn't come crawling back later. Aren't you glad you don't have to date anymore ? ;)

Yeah, my wife put the kibosh on that whole dating thing. To be honest, I'm not sure one is any less complicated than three. But I'm glad to have the one I have.

or lucky??

;D

LOL.

or lucky??

Sure, that, too.

Out of curiosity, what was the big news that was said to be announced on Monday?

DL recruiting

Out of curiosity, what was the big news that was said to be announced on Monday?

That was last Monday. All we heard was crickets.

Wrong

Just crickets?! Nah, WDE posted right after I chirped.

What he said was the news. Don't worry, be happy about DL recruiting (pending actual results on signing day).

What he said was the news. Don't worry, be happy about DL recruiting (pending actual results on signing day).

And FTR it wasn't news per say. It was insight from WDE why he's not worrying about DL recruiting anymore.

And FTR it wasn't news per say. It was insight from WDE why he's not worrying about DL recruiting anymore.

Never said it was news. Just something I was told.

If someone says it on the intrawebz, it HAS TO BE TRUE! amirite?

If someone says it on the intrawebz, it HAS TO BE TRUE! amirite?

Crickets.

I know. That's why I clarified for other posters. I went back and double checked your wording before replying. I did not want to misrepresent you in my post.

So, you were told "Don't worry, be happy" by somebody, and that's what your message was for the rest of us?

:-\

Well, that's the end of that, then. Can't get any better news that that!

Archived