Welcome to the United States of the Offended

autigeremt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably could have used any of the many memes where me isn't a monkey saying the exact same thing....

Come on, man! It wasn't about being black. Geesh!

If you don't EVER have anything to say the other way there's no need to say anything now

Cole, Cole, Cole. C'mon, man. Sure, I could have used any other meme, but the caption fit best, and in so doing, I would have been reinforcing the very idea I'm trying to disspell. Calm down.

The irony here is that we're talking about how insensitive it is for me to post a well-known meme that by pure happenstance places a gorilla face over a black man's body on a thread that attacks hypersensitivity. Honestly, I didn't even think about the racial implications when I ran across the meme, which is kind of what we're trying to achieve, is it not?

How on this particular meme they reinforced the monkey having that mustache and hair style no I do not care for it. I didn't call you a racist, didn't say you hated anybody, I just don't understand why you would find that funny.

And lol at people coming at me like something is my fault. One of the things racist people do is refer to black people as monkeys....And I'm supposed to be wrong for not liking the black man being made into a monkey? No I don't like it Gtfoh

Weagle1787....unfortunately in those like cole the answer is NO.

You shouldn't EVER feel like you can or should speak for me. We're two different type of people. I wouldn't ever want you to represent me for ANYTHING

I know I'm late to the party, but on this one, I think Cole has a solid case. Granted, I first had to google -

rustled jimmies

To disturb someone by presenting them with facts/arguments that cause cognitive dissonance and challenge their views.

But the McMillian stuff which followed... :gofig:

And as for the original flag... I'm HIGHLY offended there aren't any Muslim crescent moons on it !!

Allahu Akbar !!!

The mustache and hair style are distinguishing characteristics of Jimmy McMillan. I'm not sure the meme still makes sense if they aren't there. Another favorite of mine is the Dark Knight Rises one, which superimposes the Bane mask over the gorilla face. Its hard to make it clear what is being referenced without doing so.

Ha! Ha! Now they are attacking each other! :laugh:/>

Attacking? No. We all aren't going to do your style lol

Ha! Ha! Now they are attacking each other! :laugh:

1. I'm not attacking Cole, and I don't feel he is attacking me. I'm only clarifying my intent. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. What do you mean by "they?" Homosapiens? Just curious. The only issue I can recall the two of us agreeing on consistently are those relating to the police state.

How on this particular meme they reinforced the monkey having that mustache and hair style no I do not care for it.

It's common with this meme.

4202642-rustle.jpg

I didn't call you a racist, didn't say you hated anybody, I just don't understand why you would find that funny.

For the same reason he would find the one with Gandalf above funny.

And lol at people coming at me like something is my fault. One of the things racist people do is refer to black people as monkeys....And I'm supposed to be wrong for not liking the black man being made into a monkey? No I don't like it

Do you believe that was the intent of the meme and Weagle's use of it or an unfortunate implication, like I said earlier?

And keep in mind my position on race relations and social justice, Cole. I tend to be very outspoken on the matter.

How on this particular meme they reinforced the monkey having that mustache and hair style no I do not care for it.

4202642-rustle.jpg

I didn't call you a racist, didn't say you hated anybody, I just don't understand why you would find that funny.

And lol at people coming at me like something is my fault. One of the things racist people do is refer to black people as monkeys....And I'm supposed to be wrong for not liking the black man being made into a monkey? No I don't like it

Do you believe that was the intent of the meme and Weagle's use of it or an unfortunate implication, like I said earlier?

And keep in mind my position on race relations and social justice, Cole. I tend to be very outspoken on the matter.

As it so happens, that was the other gorilla meme I was debating on going with. Maybe I should have. :dunno:

As it so happens, that was the other gorilla meme I was debating on going with. Maybe I should have. :dunno:

In hindsight, probably. Irrespective of intent, the potential to offend is there. Live and learn.

Ha! Ha! Now they are attacking each other! :laugh:/>

1. I'm not attacking Cole, and I don't feel he is attacking me. I'm only clarifying my intent. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. What do you mean by "they?" Homosapiens? Just curious. The only issue I can recall the two of us agreeing on consistently are those relating to the police state.

he has no point. he never does. Just ignore him.

4202642-rustle.jpg

I don't know anybody intentions, I just didn't care particularly for this one. I'm just voicing my opinion, once again not questioning the op's character. I didn't call for mods to do something about this, none of that. Being called a monkey before and also hearing people refer to other blacks as that before I just don't too much care for it. That's all, I wish he would've used another meme.

I'm thinking that's the entire point is to be able to talk about things without reverting to the insults or what not. Now other people jumping in with the so's and how do you even know he's black looks like a white guy....those are the people that would have you believe there isn't a problem and all things are made up.

Raptor....it is allowed, even cheered and encouraged, to bash any conservative or Christian....or God himself. All others are off limits because they may be offended. Are there any MEN remaining in America???

Yeah....that was a PERFECT point of nothing you just made....

It's early Saturday morning... :gofig:

There aren't any more morning cartoons, so this will have to suffice.

And as far as questioning man hood if you ever want to test the heart of a man say whatever you want to say in another man's face....But after that a$$ whipping don't go crying for a policeman. WT if you have a son I'm 75% sure he's not look at as a MAN

And as far as questioning man hood if you ever want to test the heart of a man say whatever you want to say in another man's face....But after that a$$ whipping don't go crying for a policeman. WT if you have a son I'm 75% sure he's not look at as a MAN

So, YOUR solution to dealing with speech you don't agree with is ass kicking someone ?

Raptor....it is allowed, even cheered and encouraged, to bash any conservative or Christian....or God himself. All others are off limits because they may be offended. Are there any MEN remaining in America???

just, how..... Damn that's all..

Yeah....that was a PERFECT point of nothing you just made....

It's early Saturday morning... :gofig:/>

There aren't any more morning cartoons, so this will have to suffice.

Bwahahaha

When you conquer English, let me know.......

Archived