SEC Media Days

aucanucktiger

Yeah, my memory is that Saban used those two players as examples of what good can come out of second chances. He was criticizing the rule that would disallow players like that from entering the league. For some reason his words got twisted.

I remember that statement....I didn't think NS was criticizing Auburn for giving Cam & Nick a second chance, as those two particular players were proof postitive of the great things that can come from giving a player with a past a second chance elsewhere.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIR is here to the rescue! lol. My small contribution is done.

On another note: Jim McElwain needs to go easy on the FL sun and McElroy is still a douchebag. lol.

Tune in to SEC Network if you can...Gus is speaking. Theme this year is: Count on me

This is the year we need to count on him Forsure. A little bit better play calling (not getting so cute with stuff) and keeping the foot on the pedal is what I want to see the most.

True. I think he's referring to all the players counting on the guy next to them...in front and/or behind them playing wise. Everyone needs to step up and do there job. We need everybody not just the offense. That's kind of what i take away from it.

I agree but I would also take that the players also need to trust the coaches and that they're going to be putting them in the best position possible to win. You don't hit a wall and lose confidence of u have full trust in your coaches. We had a divided team last year.

Will you please go way!!

I can't believe no one has brought up the domestic violence jab he took at saben.

What did he say??

A reporter from al.com told Gus that saben took issue with Gus' zero tolerance rule for JUCO transfers with serious misconduct issues and referred to AU's last two QBs. Gus fired back that that rule was all about not recruiting players with a history of domestic violence and that he thinks "most coaches" feel the same way he does about that. Also when talking about offensive tempo he took another jab and brough up the fact that even the teams who complain about it are running it now.

When did NS "take issue" with Gus taking our last two QB's? Did the reporter backup what he said or was he just baiting Gus?

I have no idea, just passing on what was said. It was a guy from al.com so if I had to guess I would say just baiting.

Yeah, my memory is that Saban used those two players as examples of what good can come out of second chances. He was criticizing the rule that would disallow players like that from entering the league. For some reason his words got twisted.

WRONG! Saban used it as giving kids with domestic violence issues a second chance. Saban then used Cam and Nick as examples of this. Problem is: neither Cam nor Nick were booted from previous teams because of domestic violence!

I can't believe no one has brought up the domestic violence jab he took at saben.

What did he say??

A reporter from al.com told Gus that saben took issue with Gus' zero tolerance rule for JUCO transfers with serious misconduct issues and referred to AU's last two QBs. Gus fired back that that rule was all about not recruiting players with a history of domestic violence and that he thinks "most coaches" feel the same way he does about that. Also when talking about offensive tempo he took another jab and brough up the fact that even the teams who complain about it are running it now.

When did NS "take issue" with Gus taking our last two QB's? Did the reporter backup what he said or was he just baiting Gus?

I have no idea, just passing on what was said. It was a guy from al.com so if I had to guess I would say just baiting.

WRONG! Saban used it as giving kids with domestic violence issues a second chance. Saban then used Cam and Nick as examples of this. Problem is: neither Cam nor Nick were booted from previous teams because of domestic violence!

I had not thought about it in that context. You're right, those were two poor examples to use.

On another note: Jim McElwain needs to go easy on the FL sun and McElroy is still a douchebag. lol.

Tune in to SEC Network if you can...Gus is speaking. Theme this year is: Count on me

This is the year we need to count on him Forsure. A little bit better play calling (not getting so cute with stuff) and keeping the foot on the pedal is what I want to see the most.

True. I think he's referring to all the players counting on the guy next to them...in front and/or behind them playing wise. Everyone needs to step up and do there job. We need everybody not just the offense. That's kind of what i take away from it.

I agree but I would also take that the players also need to trust the coaches and that they're going to be putting them in the best position possible to win. You don't hit a wall and lose confidence of u have full trust in your coaches. We had a divided team last year.

Will you please go way!!

What is your problem? If you don't like his posts, say the reason why. You're not even in his food chain to act like a dick though.

Will you please go way!!

What is your problem? If you don't like his posts, say the reason why. You're not even in his food chain to act like a dick though.

When the reason is obvious.... Well never mind.

Will you please go way!!

What is your problem? If you don't like his posts, say the reason why. You're not even in his food chain to act like a dick.

When the reason is obvious.... Well never mind.

I didn't see him bash the coaches or the players. What was so inherently wrong about his post that you decided you could be a dick?

Did y'all hear ol' Big Bret today on Finebaum? He was talking about how all the SEC coaches get along better than people think and about how he loves Spurrier, what a great guy he is, etc. Then FBaum says something like "I remember you having a little trouble with another coach from Arkansas. I guess it's a big love fest now." Ol' Bert says grumbles something about "not with Auburn, or some of their coaches." Guess we are still in his brain and under his skin. And he sure doesn't like Gus!

Did y'all hear ol' Big Bret today on Finebaum? He was talking about how all the SEC coaches get along better than people think and about how he loves Spurrier, what a great guy he is, etc. Then FBaum says something like "I remember you having a little trouble with another coach from Arkansas. I guess it's a big love fest now." Ol' Bert says grumbles something about "not with Auburn, or some of their coaches." Guess we are still in his brain and under his skin. And he sure doesn't like Gus!

Is that what he said? I heard it but I couldn't make out his exact words there at the end.

What does Bret have against Gus? Do they have a past other than both only being HC's in the SEC for the past 2 seasons?

What does Bret have against Gus? Do they have a past other than both only being HC's in the SEC for the past 2 seasons?

One working theory is that NW Arkansas still loves and misses Gus, and Bert is trying to change that.

I don't know if that was his exact words, because that was now 2 days ago, but he did say something very close to that. And he lowered his voice to a grumble and he had a kind of disgust in his tone. I remember thinking, Wow, he does NOT like Gus. Of course, Finebaum was baiting him. But he could have figured out how to be a bit more gracious. I do not like that guy.

@jzenor: Ummm... SEC media days attendees pick Auburn to win SEC championship and Alabama to win the West.

Seems likely. :blink:

With how dumb some media members are they probably believe this can happen.

Auburn still received most first place votes in west, which should be the only thing to look at IMO.

Media at #SECMD15 picks Alabama to win the West, Georgia the East - but Auburn to win the league overall.

It's obvious...

We come in 2nd in the west, but in the week between the end of the season and SECCG, the NCAA hammer falls on 'bama for recruiting violations and other assorted general bammerness.

They're forced to forfeit all wins in the last 50 years - taking them down to only 38 national championships - and we get to play UGA for the SEC crown.

Give the media some credit for being smart enough to predict this scenario.

EDIT: They claim the natty this year anyway for #39.

@jzenor: Ummm... SEC media days attendees pick Auburn to win SEC championship and Alabama to win the West.

And the media has picked correctly 5 times in the last 23 years, one of their correct picks was last year. The proabability of them getting it right 2 years in a row are slim to none.

Archived