SEC Media Days

aucanucktiger

@Matt_HayesSN: Malzahn on satellite camps: The chances of a team up north coming in to our state and getting a player we or Alabama wants are slim to none.

According to what I'm reading Malzhan took no prisoners today, love it!

Oh he didn't! He put the entire country on notice today.

I heard them talking about that on jox the other day: "what do u want your coach to say that would put the entire country on notice". Glad to say that Gus definitely did that today. WDE

This is Gustav the mad genius if I've ever seen it, so hyped for this season

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Matt_HayesSN: Malzahn on satellite camps: The chances of a team up north coming in to our state and getting a player we or Alabama wants are slim to none.

According to what I'm reading Malzhan took no prisoners today, love it!

Oh he didn't! He put the entire country on notice today.

I heard them talking about that on jox the other day: "what do u want your coach to say that would put the entire country on notice". Glad to say that Gus definitely did that today. WDE

This is Gustav the mad genius if I've ever seen it, so hyped for this season

:wareagle:

I can't believe no one has brought up the domestic violence jab he took at saben.

What did he say??

I can't believe no one has brought up the domestic violence jab he took at saben.

What did he say??

A reporter from al.com told Gus that saben took issue with Gus' zero tolerance rule for JUCO transfers with serious misconduct issues and referred to AU's last two QBs. Gus fired back that that rule was all about not recruiting players with a history of domestic violence and that he thinks "most coaches" feel the same way he does about that. Also when talking about offensive tempo he took another jab and brough up the fact that even the teams who complain about it are running it now.

What did he say??

A reporter from al.com told Gus that saben took issue with Gus' zero tolerance rule for JUCO transfers with serious misconduct issues and referred to AU's last two QBs. Gus fired back that that rule was all about not recruiting players with a history of domestic violence and that he thinks "most coaches" feel the same way he does about that. Also when talking about offensive tempo he took another jab and brough up the fact that even the teams who complain about it are running it now.

When did NS "take issue" with Gus taking our last two QB's? Did the reporter backup what he said or was he just baiting Gus?

Nice interview with Frost....and boy, he looks bigger than in the past. Any report on his weight now?

What did he say??

When did NS "take issue" with Gus taking our last two QB's? Did the reporter backup what he said or was he just baiting Gus?

I have no idea, I'm just passing on what was said. It was a guy from al.com so if I had to guess I would say just baiting.

Nice interview with Frost....and boy, he looks bigger than in the past. Any report on his weight now?

I thought the same thing!!!

What did he say??

I have no idea, just passing on what was said. It was a guy from al.com so if I had to guess I would say just baiting.

Yeah, my memory is that Saban used those two players as examples of what good can come out of second chances. He was criticizing the rule that would disallow players like that from entering the league. For some reason his words got twisted.

Jeremy seems really young. Which makes me realize that he is really young. I'm not worried about his ability, but it's easy to forget that these guys are growing up. It's easy to see how a big moment could overwhelm any guy. Kris seems like a grown man though. That dude can handle a question.

Glad to hear that Kerryon Johnson was mentioned as being a part of the new offense. All the talk has been about Roc and Jovon, and a little less so about Barber. But you almost never hear about Kerryon. I'll be interested to see how Malzahn and Lashlee work him into the offense.

What did he say??

Nick Saban took issue with the new transfer rule which doesn't allow players dismissed from other schools for violent or sexual misconduct to transfer to the SEC. Obviously, he didn't understand the rule before citing that neither Cam nor Nick would have been able to play in the SEC.

I did like the jab Gus took at Saban with the schools complaining about the fast pace offense are now running it answer.

Jeremy seems really young. Which makes me realize that he is really young. I'm not worried about his ability, but it's easy to forget that these guys are growing up. It's easy to see how a big moment could overwhelm any guy. Kris seems like a grown man though. That dude can handle a question.

He's been a good guy to put out in front of a camera almost from the day he arrived....good representative of the team and Auburn.

He's been a good guy to put out in front of a camera almost from the day he arrived....good representative of the team and Auburn.

Yes, I think he was raised right. I wish him nothing but the very best.

What did he say??

I have no idea, I'm just passing on what was said. It was a guy from al.com so if I had to guess I would say just baiting.

Brandon Marcelo was the one who asked the question. I don't think he was baiting him. He's our beat writer.

That is the least amount of coach speak from gus I've heard ... Seems he thinks we have a team on our hands ...

you could usually tell how good of a team Spurrier had on how much talking he would do at media days. Maybe Gus has a little of the same mentality. Maybe muschamp has put the confidence in the coaches too.

What did he say??

Saban accepted Taylor on the team with a previous incident of domestic violence at Georgia. He made the references about Nick/Cam in a presser, right after he was forced to dismiss Taylor for another incident of DV, this time at Bama. Saban knew the SEC rule didn't apply to those other 2 players and knew exactly what he was saying. He was intentionally drawing a false comparison to try to give himself cover, but nobody bought it.

Looks taller too (nearly JJ height). Roster has him listed at 6'-2" since he's been at AU.

Archived