Lee Corso will never wear the Aubie head

quietfan

I have a severe dislike for Corso since my earlier days of watching AU football when he said about the '93 undefeated team, "If a tree falls in Auburn, does anyone hear it?" joking about our Trees years and years before anyone knew of Ol' Harvey.

That's when I wrote that guy off.

I remember him saying that, and actually thought it was somewhat hilarious.

Recall that part of AU's probation that season was a TV ban. So while the ribbing hit tad bit of a sore spot, the comedic timing was on point. This was also when Corso and Gameday in general were in their heyday in my opinion.

I have a severe dislike for Corso since my earlier days of watching AU football when he said about the '93 undefeated team, "If a tree falls in Auburn, does anyone hear it?" joking about our Trees years and years before anyone knew of Ol' Harvey.

Recall that part of AU's probation that season was a TV ban. So while the ribbing hit tad bit of a sore spot, the comedic timing was on point. This was also when Corso and Gameday in general were in their heyday in my opinion.

Yeah, the "Corso was making fun of our trees" interpretation is a little bizarre. Only slightly more so than being seriously offended by it.

Yeah, the "Corso was making fun of our trees" interpretation is a little bizarre. Only slightly more so than being seriously offended by it.

Yeah, that had nothing to do with Toomer's oaks but rather just the old saying, "if a tree falls in the wood and nobody's around to hear it......". As much as I love TV football I have to admit, there was something very special about sitting by the stereo "like days of old" and listening to the games with my family and we were truly blessed to have ol' Jim Fyffe calling the games back then..... As much time as has passed and I wouldn't trade it to be honest. That man could truly paint a picture of game day!!!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, that had nothing to do with Toomer's oaks but rather just the old saying, "if a tree falls in the wood and nobody's around to hear it......". As much as I love TV football I have to admit, there was something very special about sitting by the stereo "like days of old" and listening to the games with my family and we were truly blessed to have ol' Jim Fyffe calling the games back then..... As much time as has passed and I wouldn't trade it to be honest. That man could truly paint a picture of game day!!!

I remember being a kid in the back yard when that was the case and I also remember having a piano recital the day of the 1993 Iron Bowl and listening to the game in the car with my dad. We had to stop in a parking lot for the end of it. I will never forget that.

As far as Aubie, I will take it as a complement that Auburn stands up for its traditions and doesn't bow to the pressure of a large entity and the publicity ESPN brings. I had a fraternity brother who was a "Friend of Aubie" when we were in school and it's quite an honor to do that. They have a lot of little traditions like that and I think it's great that we won't give that up.

Archived