2015 Preseason Practice - Day 7

RunInRed

Where is Kris Frost? I hate hearing that he has not been a top linebacker. With it being his senior year, I was hoping he would have a breakout season. He is the definition of an Auburn man and excels in his academics. I hate that he hasn't been able to reach his full potential on the field.

I agree.

I believe it was addressed here in the Spring. Word was, during spring camp, that his work ethic is lacking or is lacking "football smarts". Same with Cass.

That wasn't "word", it was rumour, and it was unsupported rumour which turned out to be entirely wrong at that. This being the internet though, rumours (like zombies) apparently live on even once dead.

Well to be frank, Frost couldn't unseat Jake Holland who, to put kindly, wasn't an SEC caliber player, mainly because he couldn't grasp the mental aspect of being MLB. Coaches kept saying Holland gets the D into the right plays. Didn't they move Frost to the outside to lessen the mental load he had to carry?

Well to be frank, Frost couldn't unseat Jake Holland who, to put kindly, wasn't an SEC caliber player, mainly because he couldn't grasp the mental aspect of being MLB. Coaches kept saying Holland gets the D into the right plays. Didn't they move Frost to the outside to lessen the mental load he had to carry?

Funny, I seem to recall Holland playing all 4 years in the SEC, often while playing hurt.

Funny, I seem to recall Holland playing all 4 years in the SEC, often while playing hurt.

I'm not particularly trying to get into a debate about Holland's ability but IMO he wouldn't have started for another team in the conference. Just my opinion.

But he contributed more to AU football than I can ever dream of doing, so I can give some props to him. I was just giving a reference point regarding KF.

You have to watch how reporters report on these things. Yes, there were 12 missed tackles. But Muschamp also added that even though he doesn't like any missed tackles, 12 out of 90 plays isn't bad for the 1st scrimmage. Also, on the 5 longer runs, there is no way of knowing if it was the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team giving those up. Muschamp didn't and probably wouldn't say.

Just watching Muschamp though, you get the feeling that the defense is in really good hands. He pays attention to everything and I love the daily competition to decide who will be 1st team for the next practice.

I think that was Cass. Frost played middle that year.

Where is Kris Frost? I hate hearing that he has not been a top linebacker. With it being his senior year, I was hoping he would have a breakout season. He is the definition of an Auburn man and excels in his academics. I hate that he hasn't been able to reach his full potential on the field.

I agree.

I believe it was addressed here in the Spring. Word was, during spring camp, that his work ethic is lacking or is lacking "football smarts". Same with Cass.

That wasn't "word", it was rumour, and it was unsupported rumour which turned out to be entirely wrong at that. This being the internet though, rumours (like zombies) apparently live on even once dead.

If you can provide an opposing opinion(other than "you're wrong)", by all means do so.

I mean, why else would young guys be in direct competition of usurping those two's position?

By the time we line up to take down Petrino and his red dodo birds, you will see and hear more about Frost. The young man will have a great senior season. He will be like a P-51 Mustang with a screaming Merlin-Rolls Royce engine swooping down its prey. No need to worry; it will happen.

By the time we line up to take down Petrino and his red dodo birds, you will see and hear more about Frost. The young man will have a great senior season. He will be like a P-51 Mustang with a screaming Merlin-Rolls Royce engine swooping down its prey. No need to worry; it will happen.

Will he be taking that Mustang to Alaska I wonder?

What exactly did the defense "dominate" in the scrimmage if it was mostly run-oriented and the defense gave up 4 ypc and some big runs?

Keeping the offense out of the end zone perhaps? Must crawl before walking I suppose.

'Dominate' was a bit of a stretch from the previous presser.

I don't see a contradiction. An offensive minded coach calling the defense dominant because his offense couldn't score a TD vs. a defensive coach lamenting that his D gave up 4 ypc in a scrimmage they knew would be run heavy. Both sides have room to improve.

Frosty and can fly a jet, and can track down any Louisville QB with surgical precision. Between Cass, Frosty,Cowart and Lawson, the Louisville QBs will be in for a very long & painful game.

Maverick...who is the coach on your clip that looks like his eyes are fixing to pop out?

What exactly did the defense "dominate" in the scrimmage if it was mostly run-oriented and the defense gave up 4 ypc and some big runs?

Keeping the offense out of the end zone perhaps? Must crawl before walking I suppose.

I don't see a contradiction. An offensive minded coach calling the defense dominant because his offense couldn't score a TD vs. a defensive coach lamenting that his D gave up 4 ypc in a scrimmage they knew would be run heavy. Both sides have room to improve.

Agreed

It wasn't my intent to imply a contradiction was present, only a differing perspective of what's perceived to be a dominant outing. 'Solid' fits my descriptive more so than dominant.

My idea of a dominant outing would more resemble something to the tune of 3.2 yds/carry, only two first downs allowed, 2 TOs, no offensive TDs allowed. I understand those results can't be yielded as easily as tearing into a Cracker Jack surprise, that's why I also noted they must crawl before they walk. Takes time to develop.

But there's no denying there's plenty to improve upon on all around.

Frosty and can fly a jet, and can track down any Louisville QB with surgical precision. Between Cass, Frosty,Cowart and Lawson, the Louisville QBs will be in for a very long & painful game.

Maverick...who is the coach on your clip that looks like his eyes are fixing to pop out?

I feel like this question has been asked three times and the answer is always Philip Marshall, lol.

Your metaphors are as beautiful as the snow capped mountains of Alaska.

I think that was Cass. Frost played middle that year.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. My bad.

It wasn't my intent to imply a contradiction was present, only a differing perspective of what's perceived to be a dominant outing. 'Solid' fits my descriptive more so than dominant.

My idea of a dominant outing would more resemble something to the tune of 3.2 yds/carry, only two first downs allowed, 2 TOs, no offensive TDs allowed. I understand those results can't be yielded as easily as tearing into a Cracker Jack surprise, that's why I also noted they must crawl before they walk. Takes time to develop.

But there's no denying there's plenty to improve upon on all around.

I'm sure that to Gus, it felt like being dominated. When was the last time a Gus Malzahn offense ran 90 plays without scoring a touchdown?

Archived