Alabama State, anyone?

PigskinPat

I am sure this will help ASU with its budget, but, from a national perspective I seriously doubt it helps Auburn. Oh, well.

JMO but AU's schedule does not need any help....we are regularly in the top 10 or so for the most difficult schedule....this game is not going to change anything....unless we were to lose.

I am sure this will help ASU with its budget, but, from a national perspective I seriously doubt it helps Auburn. Oh, well.

JMO but AU's schedule does not need any help....we are regularly in the top 10 or so for the most difficult schedule....this game is not going to change anything....unless we were to lose.

^This^

Yeah, I doubt SOS matters much with SEC teams. All big time schools need at least one "easy" game to rest players, get reps to backups, etc.

It'll be a cool opportunity for our RB Harvey Harris to play against Jeremy Johnson. They played together at Carver. Those are great storylines too.

On the SOS issue, even years are when we play our toughest opponents on the road, so I would think any negative impact this game might have would be negated by a victory over Bama/UGA in their house.

Auburn did play UAB back in 1996. AU won 29-0

But in 1996 UAB wasn't trying to get back on its feet after an unfair program cancellation.

Agree...after the jobbing that UAB's football program got last year I expect it will be quite a while before the coaches will be able to recruit back to the level they had once achieved.

Maybe pencil them in for the 2020 schedule? But when UAB is ready, it would be a nice poke in the eye of the UABOT to schedule a game....unless they prohibit it.....which from what I've observed in recent years, is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Folks, don't fret over playing an in-state FCS team. Heck, this is in 2018 and by then we will had undefeated seasons in '15, '16 and '17 and 10 wins by the time we get to this game. JJ will be getting high praise for the forethought to schedule an in-state opponent and share some of the limelight with them. And it will turn out to be a better game (fun to watch) than the one after that year as we all know the next game will be depleted uat team that is starting to get off probation. ASU will probably have a better team that year than uat. Heck, we may even have to ask the UABOT if we can replace uat with UAB and call it even.

sending cash to other in state schools is always a good thing. we should have one every year or two.

(I hate my Samsung phone. I can see the thing to submit anything anything even near correctly.)

Folks, don't fret over playing an in-state FCS team. Heck, this is in 2018 and by then we will had undefeated seasons in '15, '16 and '17 and 10 wins by the time we get to this game. JJ will be getting high praise for the forethought to schedule an in-state opponent and share some of the limelight with them. And it will turn out to be a better game (fun to watch) than the one after that year as we all know the next game will be depleted uat team that is starting to get off probation. ASU will probably have a better team that year than uat. Heck, we may even have to ask the UABOT if we can replace uat with UAB and call it even.

I REALLY like the way you think.

Once again, it's great to see AU continuing to step in to assist the smaller in-state schools with a boost to their respective athletic department coffers. I hope Jacobs continues this trend.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we've already played UAB, Samford and Alabama A&M and we JSU this year plus we have Alabama State scheduled for 2018, I wonder if Jacobs will schedule Troy and South Alabama.

Jacobs wasn't about to schedule Troy even when Tuberville was here. JJ is scared of Auburn playing Troy.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen today.

Archived