Kentucky county clerk jailed on contempt charges until she agrees to issue same-sex marriage licenses

AUDub

>>> If <<< she has came to a knowledge of her sins and repented then she has been judged already and she is not condemned. :thumbsup:/>

Her debt has been forgiven and anyone who keeps trying to pull out a record of her debt is an advesary to the judge and tramples underfoot the blood of Christ. :thumbsup:/>

I can't judge this women's heart nor motives and I will definately not hold her guilty of her pasts sins nor would I call them to mind ever again. I can only judge her fruits. Right now I see a woman who has a conscience toward the will of GOD and a women who is proclaiming the name of Jesus as her final authority in all matters of her heart. :thumbsup:/>

I have not seen anything written or spoken of that she has done anything harmful or hateful to anyone in this case. WTH? Of all the things she encounters, only SSM does she object to?

All of the harm and hate is toward her. KD is getting plenty of hate, i agree here. But she has a job in which she she has to enforce the decrees of the govt. If she cannot execute the law in a fair and balanced measure, then she is ruining her testimony. She could have handled it a different way.

Yeshua did not warn his followers that they would be jailed for his names sake just to hear himself speak. He knew that love for the FATHER would put them at odds with the world. In fact, he promised they would be hated for their love.

I do agree that hatred is involved at the core of this. Hatred of the GOD found in the bible. John 3:16 ALL THE WAY TO VERSE 21

"There is nothing new under the sun"

"Just as in the days of Noah, they will be marrying and giving in marriage..."

Jude 1

Where to start? Agree with most here, but KD is no Esther. The rest of the world, myself included openly question why it is only SSM she is worried about? Is she licensing an Abortion Clinic? Why not that? Is she licensing a business that is stealing from their customers? Is she licensing a liquor store or bar? Why not them?

I think what most of us are tired of, weary of, is that it is only gay folks that get the hate, focus, etc. If she was consistent across the board, the whole board of her influence, we would admire her and go on. But she seems to only care about one issue like there is only one issue of sin in the world. Ultimately it appears to come down to the old problem about "relative righteousness." Your sins are worse than mine. KD has sin in her life, like we all do. Why does she pick just one to attack? What is she doing about drugs, prostitution, adultery, drunkeness, etc? Call me backsllid if you want, i am not btw. I am just so tired of people that pick and choose "that one sin" to beat other people up with. Years ago it was alcohol (KKK was originally about Christian Morals even for whites) was the boogey man. Then it was interracial marriage. etc etc etc.

Today, that one detestable sin is SSM. I choose to deal with my own problems and let others deal with theirs.

I really wonder if KD would have ever stepped foot in a church if, before she was saved, she was run down by the church for all her poor choices?

Christianity is about life change thru a relationship with Christ. It is about who He is and who we are. Driving even more people away from Him by turning away from the grace that won you is a bad deal in my book. I know so many people that were wounded by God-Fearing, hate-filled, busy-bodies that i shudder to see them before the throne. you want to ultimately do best for the church and for your community? LOVE. that is all. Love God, and love your fellow man as yourself.

For every person you show me that was turned off by the truth... I will show you entire churches that still remain lost because they believe that truth has been done away with and GOD does not judge.

If only John the Baptist or Stephen had loved and accepted more they might have lived longer. If only Yeshua had just accepted the pharisees and rulers with love and acceptance he would not have been crucified. Maybe if all of the first Christians had just flung open their houses to accept Idol worship and actually spent time to get to know these people they might not have been burned alive or fed to lions.

NO!!! They stood up for the faith. They stood up for truth. They spoke scripture and were killed for it.

Are you assuming that Kim Davis does not speak out against the things you mentioned or are you just hating her for this one belief? (Which by the way is judging)

Have you ever considered that she was led to Christ because she saw that she was actually sinning? Have you ever considered she might have actually seen where she was and stopped, repented, and started living for HIM? Have you ever considered that she might have been like the theif on the cross and begged for grace and mercy with tears?

I never knew the gospel was about Jesus accepting me. I always thought it was about me accepting him??? He loved me enough to show me sin. Not to condemn me in my sin but to save me from sin.

"GOD IS LOVE" = Proverbs 3:12, Hebrews 12:5-11, Job 5:17-18, 1 Cor 11:32, Rev 3:19 and also some Jude 1:20-23 mixed with 1 Cor 6 and 1 John 5:2-3

Been there, done that got the tee shirt. If your version of love is belittling and confrontation then go right ahead.

I have been part of a church that did that for years and still does. I am no longer a part of that church. I have also completely matured in my walk and will do it as Christ did with the adulteress. I am not here to condemn others, while knowing that my own life is not fully correct. I will dispense the grace i was given and did not earn in any way, to people as it given to me; freely, magnanimously, with love toward others.

Shouting down others will not work. Paul reasoned with people. He didnt shout them down and call them names.

KD has been given the grace and time to grow and mature into who she is now. But we cant allow others the same? REALLY?

KD gets the benefit of most of her life screwing up but NOW she is perfect and can say who gets rights and who doesnt?

Somehow that sounds more and more like folks are just homophobic, plain and simple. Like i said ad nauseum, if this was any other "sin," no one would care.

Oh but you are condemning her. You are judging her actions. Yet you claim you do not condemn, judge, and use love to disperse grace. Please, I challenge you to show in this thread just one example of grace toward Kim Davis from you.

Can you please show me where KD has yelled someone down? Can you show me where she has denied grace to anyone? She quit straight marriage licenses as well.

I have seen people screaming at her because of their beliefs. I have seen people degrade her. I have seen her imprisoned.

I have seen you mock her, belittle her, hold her pasts into account, and judge her husbands appearance on this site alone. "Love towards others"???

Yelled someone down? She just imposed her will on the whole county. I have been waiting on someone to call out the denial of heteros couples too. WTH is wrong with this woman? Is covering her rear end in a court case more important that doing what is right? I bet that the denial of hetero couples is nothing more than lawyerly advice. Hetero couples are getting denied the right to marry and you are okay with that?

Brother, if you cant see it, let me clarify for you. This is likely nothing more than political grandstanding. She is probably just giving it the old "George Wallace in the schoolhouse door" routine.

She KNOWS she is going to lose this case. Napolitano has said that she doesnt have standing to even start a lawsuit. She will likely be the respondent in two civil suits she is going to lose big time. I know some are all worked up over "the homos getting married" but it being equal under the law means that equality goes for all, not just the religious zealot du jour.

What are you folks gonna do when some crazed muslim decides that liquor should not be sold. or pork eaten, or a woman cant be seen wearing anything but a burqa?

Folks, sober up! You let her get away with this and we all lose. The next religious zealot is gonna be crazier than this one.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.......when you and another member got into your 30 day diatribe on Will and Grace or hope and grace, I placed you on ignore then, the above is more wood for that dam.....back to the pile bucko....

There are starving and homeless children in the world. People who need clothes..people who need education and childcare to work or achieve education. There are some reasons to change humanity.....Grow the fuzz up.

Yet, this is what sends SOME fundi's into meltdown?

I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.....

You are welcome to join me if you are truly concerned about food and clothes for the needy. (Just another one of those "weird" things that come with my faith)

With your wisdom you could even volunteer your time to educate.

:blink:

I'm weird because I know the birth rate among the worlds muslim population and fear what "humanity" will look like for my grandchildren.

Are you afraid of brown people?

Yes, our obsession with abortion and same sex relationships will definatey change "humanity".

Are you suggesting birth rates will go down because of gay marriage?

:blink:/>

I'm weird because I know the birth rate among the worlds muslim population and fear what "humanity" will look like for my grandchildren.

Are you afraid of brown people?

Yes, our obsession with abortion and same sex relationships will definatey change "humanity".

Are you suggesting birth rates will go down because of gay marriage?

LOL... you have to be brown to be muslim???

I am suggesting that the embrace of homosexuality will change and effect society. 50 years from now I cannot see how it could not have some impact on birth rates. Lets use the interacial marriage as the model. How many mixed children were born per year 50 years ago? How many today? Just the changing of taboos surrounding interacial relationships effected the birth rate in mixed children.

Nature vs environment will get tested for sure by the time our children have grandchildren.

Laugh and call it just a tin foil hat deal but I do wonder what the world would look like if Islam was the majority religion. Might be better for my grandchildren. Who knows???

Christianity has its losses in numbers every year to atheism, false christian beliefs and teachings, and even converts to Islam. Mix that with the acceptance of non biblical principles like abortion, materialism, professionalism, and homosexuality and the faith (once walked out by Jesus and the prophets) will depend on if Islam is willing to accept our non belief in Allah and the Quran. I don't see them allowing the Christians to spread the WORD though.

Somehow a greater number of gay people will exist, other than normal population growth?

You don't think they have children from previous and present relationships?

IF I MAY ASK what religion/denomination are you?

Absolutely fascinating and just curious...answer or not, all good.

Somehow a greater number of gay people will exist, other than normal population growth?

You don't think they have children from previous and present relationships?

IF I MAY ASK what religion/denomination are you?

Absolutely fascinating and just curious...answer or not, all good.

Its all good.

Tell me what religion or denomination Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Jesus, Luke, and Cornelius were and I can answer with certainty. And yes, that is my serious answer. I can't recall Paul ever calling himself a baptist or catholic. I am not sure any answer would satisfy. I am what I am and my FAITH rests in the WORD.

To your question about if I think a greater number of homosexual relationships will come from an evironment of acceptance to homosexuality. Yes

To say no would be to say with absolute certainty that environment has no effect.

Has interracial preference increased with acceptance? Yes.

Does Utah have more people that accept polygamy than most other states? Yes

Does Colorado have more people that smoke pot? Yes

Don't need to be satisfied by your answer, would've liked to have learned about its views from someone not under water in it..

But you have like a special day and stuff....

FTR, know many people with adopted children?

Nature, nurture and environment questions can be answered in one fine little place

Don't need to be satisfied by your answer, would've liked to have learned about its views from someone not under water in it..

But you have like a special day and stuff....

FTR, know many people with adopted children?

Nature, nurture and environment questions can be answered in one fine little place

I know a few that have adopted children. Why?

My daughter claims she will adopt when she is of age. I stand 100% behind her if she decides to go through with it.

OK, do you read? I said a lot of nature, nurture and environment questions will be answered there. I'd suggest going with facts instead of preconceived expectations and even in some cases prejudices.

Not that I expect an answer, but seemingly interracial relationships bother you....

You or your religion have some issue with that?

Some standing you have to demand of others their love or life meet your expectations?

No, but when controlled by race, most of them will be Arab, ethnic Indian populations, Persian and South East Asian, etc.

I am suggesting that the embrace of homosexuality will change and effect society. 50 years from now I cannot see how it could not have some impact on birth rates. Lets use the interacial marriage as the model. How many mixed children were born per year 50 years ago? How many today? Just the changing of taboos surrounding interacial relationships effected the birth rate in mixed children.

Nature vs environment will get tested for sure by the time our children have grandchildren.

Odd thing to assume axiomatically. Gay folks don't typically reproduce and their population shouldn't rise measurably as a result of this ruling.

OK, do you read? I said a lot of nature, nurture and environment questions will be answered there. I'd suggest going with facts instead of preconceived expectations and even in some cases prejudices.

Not that I expect an answer, but seemingly interracial relationships bother you....

Some standing you have to demand of others their love or life meet your expectations?

I can't see how you came to that conclusion because I chose an easily identifible and somewhat similar example of a nation embracing a change in the norm.

Where have I demanded anything? Where have you seen me hold anyone to a level of any expectation?

I simply made comments giving Kim Davis the benefit of the doubt concerning her motives and actions. This led into other discussions.

No, but when controlled by race, most of them will be Arab, ethnic Indian populations, Persian and South East Asian, etc.

Odd thing to assume axiomatically. Gay folks don't typically reproduce and their population shouldn't rise measurably as a result of this ruling.

If 10% more men practice same sex marriage in a village, the birth rate in that village will be affected. If that village does not accept polygamy then even fewer females will reproduce.

So do you feel that only nature plays a role in homosexuality?

Yes the rest of humanity should suffer all for the celebration of you....and those that believe like you, that you approve of...

Cup of coffee? You could use some waking up.

Compassion for the gay couples by not issuing licenses to opposite sex couples...?

If you bend anymore to try to make that one fit, you'll snap..

4 of 5 judges? SCOTUS has a few more judges than that...although several are nothing but lap puppets. Whatever Scalia says, Thomas pretty much says, umhum.....and those are mostly his opinions.

No one is trying to burn the backwoods hayseed.....to claim, "when in Rome".....is stone cold BS....

If you don't like my referring to her as a backwoods hayseed, how I really feel about her and Huckabee, would send you right to the edge...The stronger we keep the separation, the better. I do not want people like that, NEAR the government. Iran and Saudi Arabia usually have a few openings...

Don't like that opinion?

Yeah, America is like that sometimes.

"Humanity" has suffered because of the heterosexual partners?

The "enlightenment" trip yall are on is awesome right now.

So Muslims aren't human? :dunno:

I got it from your examples. I didn't choose them for you , you did.....I simply asked the question, you could answer or not...

My give a damn is mostly busted

I have no issues with race nor I'm I homophobic.

Don't ever change. I like you with a busted gad

I can't see how you came to that conclusion because I chose an easily identifible and somewhat similar example of a nation embracing a change in the norm.

Where have I demanded anything? Where have you seen me hold anyone to a level of any expectation?

I simply made comments giving Kim Davis the benefit of the doubt concerning her motives and actions. This led into other discussions.

I don't think Kim Davis needs any "benefit of doubt" about her motives and actions. She's been very up-front about them.

I got it from your examples. I didn't choose them for you , you did.....I simply asked the question, you could answer or not...

So you just object to their having a legally sanctioned, committed monogamous relationship?

Yes the rest of humanity should suffer all for the celebration of you....and those that believe like you, that you approve of...

Compassion for the gay couples by not issuing licenses to opposite sex couples...?

4 of 5 judges? SCOTUS has a few more judges than that...although several are nothing but lap puppets. Whatever Scalia says, Thomas pretty much says, umhum.....and those are mostly his opinions.

No one is trying to burn the backwoods hayseed.....to claim, "when in Rome".....is stone cold BS....

If you don't like my referring to her as a backwoods hayseed, how I really feel about her and Huckabee, would send you right to the edge...The stronger we keep the separation, the better. I do not want people like that, NEAR the government. Iran and Saudi Arabia usually have a few openings...

Don't like that opinion?

So Muslims aren't human? :dunno:/>

Are you trying to say that humanity would be exactly the same if Hitler had accomplished his goals?

I think muslims have a different humanistic approach to liberty and law than say the Baha'i faith.

So you just object to their having a legally sanctioned, committed monogamous relationship?

Its the legally sanctioned stuff.

You know this

Don't like that opinion?

So Muslims aren't human? :dunno:/>

Are you trying to say that humanity would be exactly the same if Hitler had accomplished his goals?

I think muslims have a different humanistic approach to liberty and law than say the Baha'i faith.

That's a bizarre response to a simple question. I don't get your point.

And I don't get the "humanistic approach to liberty" comment either.

You know this

So, essentially your answer is yes, correct?

Or is it you approve of them having committed, monogamous relationships as long as the relationship is not legally sanctioned?

Either way, that necessarily means you don't think homosexuals are entitled to the same legal benefits as other citizens. Is that not so?

You know this

So, essentially your answer is yes, correct?

Or is it you approve of them having committed, monogamous relationships as long as the relationship is not legally sanctioned?

Either way, that necessarily means you don't think homosexuals are entitled to the same legal benefits as other citizens. Is that not so?

I don't see marraige as an entitlement or a means to gain legal benefits.

Congrats, how you see, has no constitutional applicability. Feel that way until the cows come home(notice I didn't make a Davis joke), it won't change a thing...

The first couple from Minnesota, two women, who were part of the original court challenge were together 53ish yrs....(ALSO another length of marriage joke is available here, I didn't take)

Not a viable relationship in your eyes?

Archived