Kentucky county clerk jailed on contempt charges until she agrees to issue same-sex marriage licenses

AUDub

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This little campaign rally should be uh.......................interesting.

Its like the Super Bowl for the Cult of Perpetual Victimhood known as the religious right.

Pretty sure the Left has a monopoly on the victimhood game.

Its like the Super Bowl for the Cult of Perpetual Victimhood known as the religious right.

They've got the market cornered, no doubt, but fundies have carved out quite the niche for themselves.

Deuteronomy 17:12New International Version (NIV)

12 Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the Lord your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel.

Man, that was just flat wrong. Being a Social Liberal-Fiscal Conservative type, I have to say, very pointedly that it is the Left in America that is the Absolute Kings of Perpetual Victimhood. Hell you cant find anyone in this country that isnt a victim in need of a govt solution to be imposed from on high by the DC Elitists. Victimhood is THE only thing some can even have as a topic of conversation. They look at every story in the news for one thing: Victim Status or how to portray someone in Victim Status. To the vast portion of the Left in America, people are hopeless, helpless idiots that must be micromanaged by DC because otherwise they would fall victim to someone...Someone not a DC Elitist. I mean, if you are going to have victims, might as well be the DC Elitists doing the victimizing...Right?

I speak as a "victim" of the VA. They could fix the VA tomorrow morning if they wanted to. They dont because it doesnt bother them. They will use the vets as fodder for yet another spending increase that wont improve one vet's life though. Rinse and repeat. It is the DC way.

Deuteronomy 17:12New International Version (NIV)

12 Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the Lord your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel.

"ministering to the Lord your GOD"

No priest or judge that rules in favor of same sex marriage can be considered "serving" the GOD of Israel. At least not the one spoken of in Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

How ironic.

"Obey the law of the land"

I'm hearing this coming from churches and "christians" in this forum but where this doctrine comes from I do not know.

Lot did not obey the law of the land.

Moses did not obey the law of the land.

Daniel and his faithful Hebrew brothers were thrown in ovens and lions dens because they did not obey the law of the land.

Esther and Mordecai not only defied the law of the land but rewrote it.

Many prophets were slain because they did not bow to Bael.

Jesus was crucified because he stood against the man made law of the pharisees.

Paul himself persecuted and jailed many followers of Christ because they did not obey the "leaders" and their laws.

Countless christians were killed by Rome because they would not obey the law.

How many protestants lost their life because of "church law"?

Christians are dieing as we speak because they reject the law given by Isis.

I cant judge this women's heart or motives but if she is doing all of this out of a faith for her GOD then who dares cast the first stone.

I'm hearing this coming from churches and "christians" in this forum but where this doctrine comes from I do not know.

Daniel and his faithful Hebrew brothers were thrown in ovens and lions dens because they did not obey the law of the land.

Paul himself persecuted and jailed many followers of Christ because they did not obey the "leaders" and their laws.

I cant judge this women's heart or motives but if she is doing all of this out of a faith for her GOD then who dares cast the first stone.

Yes you can she has been divorced 3 times has children out of wedlock, etc , you can go on but in the end she is a sinner just like the rest of us. I don't think her Faith in GOD is Faith I think it is now a way to push an agenda of deep seeded hatred and misaligned views

Yes you can she has been divorced 3 times has children out of wedlock, etc , you can go on but in the end she is a sinner just like the rest of us. I don't think her Faith in GOD is Faith I think it is now a way to push an agenda of deep seeded hatred and misaligned views

>>> If <<< she has came to a knowledge of her sins and repented then she has been judged already and she is not condemned. Her debt has been forgiven and anyone who keeps trying to pull out a record of her debt is an advesary to the judge and tramples underfoot the blood of Christ.

I can't judge this women's heart nor motives and I will definately not hold her guilty of her pasts sins nor would I call them to mind ever again. I can only judge her fruits. Right now I see a woman who has a conscience toward the will of GOD and a women who is proclaiming the name of Jesus as her final authority in all matters of her heart. I have not seen anything written or spoken of that she has done anything harmfull or hatefull to anyone in this case. All of the harm and hate is toward her.

Yeshua did not warn his followers that they would be jailed for his names sake just to hear himself speak. He knew that love for the FATHER would put them at odds with the world. In fact, he promised they would be hated for their love.

I do agree that hatred is involved at the core of this. Hatred of the GOD found in the bible. John 3:16 ALL THE WAY TO VERSE 21

"There is nothing new under the sun"

"Just as in the days of Noah, they will be marrying and giving in marriage..."

Jude 1

All that occurred prior to her becoming a Christian. I've known some people who led lives of pure decadence but changed completely once they decided to accept and obey God.

You're welcome to your opinion, but to be fair, the woman was not a Christian at the time of any of her divorces. She only came to be a believer about 3-4 years ago. It's hardly fair in my opinion to hold someone accountable for a set of beliefs about the nature and sanctity of marriage that she didn't even subscribe to until a few years ago. That undermines the "she's just pushing an agenda" meme to me.

>>> If <<< she has came to a knowledge of her sins and repented then she has been judged already and she is not condemned. :thumbsup:

Her debt has been forgiven and anyone who keeps trying to pull out a record of her debt is an advesary to the judge and tramples underfoot the blood of Christ. :thumbsup:

I can't judge this women's heart nor motives and I will definately not hold her guilty of her pasts sins nor would I call them to mind ever again. I can only judge her fruits. Right now I see a woman who has a conscience toward the will of GOD and a women who is proclaiming the name of Jesus as her final authority in all matters of her heart. :thumbsup:

I have not seen anything written or spoken of that she has done anything harmful or hateful to anyone in this case. WTH? Of all the things she encounters, only SSM does she object to?

All of the harm and hate is toward her. KD is getting plenty of hate, i agree here. But she has a job in which she she has to enforce the decrees of the govt. If she cannot execute the law in a fair and balanced measure, then she is ruining her testimony. She could have handled it a different way.

Yeshua did not warn his followers that they would be jailed for his names sake just to hear himself speak. He knew that love for the FATHER would put them at odds with the world. In fact, he promised they would be hated for their love.

I do agree that hatred is involved at the core of this. Hatred of the GOD found in the bible. John 3:16 ALL THE WAY TO VERSE 21

Jude 1

Where to start? Agree with most here, but KD is no Esther. The rest of the world, myself included openly question why it is only SSM she is worried about? Is she licensing an Abortion Clinic? Why not that? Is she licensing a business that is stealing from their customers? Is she licensing a liquor store or bar? Why not them?

I think what most of us are tired of, weary of, is that it is only gay folks that get the hate, focus, etc. If she was consistent across the board, the whole board of her influence, we would admire her and go on. But she seems to only care about one issue like there is only one issue of sin in the world. Ultimately it appears to come down to the old problem about "relative righteousness." Your sins are worse than mine. KD has sin in her life, like we all do. Why does she pick just one to attack? What is she doing about drugs, prostitution, adultery, drunkeness, etc? Call me backsllid if you want, i am not btw. I am just so tired of people that pick and choose "that one sin" to beat other people up with. Years ago it was alcohol (KKK was originally about Christian Morals even for whites) was the boogey man. Then it was interracial marriage. etc etc etc.

Today, that one detestable sin is SSM. I choose to deal with my own problems and let others deal with theirs.

I really wonder if KD would have ever stepped foot in a church if, before she was saved, if she was run down by the church for all her poor choices?

Christianity is about life change thru a relationship with Christ. It is about who He is and who we are. Driving even more people away from Him by turning away from the grace that won you is a bad deal in my book. I know so many people that were wounded by God-Fearing, hate-filled, busy-bodies that i shudder to see them before the throne. you want to ultimately do best for the church and for your community? LOVE. that is all. Love God, and love your fellow man as yourself.

No one on the left is claiming they are victimized because they are prevented from establishing their theocracy.

>>> If <<< she has came to a knowledge of her sins and repented then she has been judged already and she is not condemned. :thumbsup:/>

Her debt has been forgiven and anyone who keeps trying to pull out a record of her debt is an advesary to the judge and tramples underfoot the blood of Christ. :thumbsup:/>

I can't judge this women's heart nor motives and I will definately not hold her guilty of her pasts sins nor would I call them to mind ever again. I can only judge her fruits. Right now I see a woman who has a conscience toward the will of GOD and a women who is proclaiming the name of Jesus as her final authority in all matters of her heart. :thumbsup:/>

I have not seen anything written or spoken of that she has done anything harmful or hateful to anyone in this case. WTH? Of all the things she encounters, only SSM does she object to?

All of the harm and hate is toward her. KD is getting plenty of hate, i agree here. But she has a job in which she she has to enforce the decrees of the govt. If she cannot execute the law in a fair and balanced measure, then she is ruining her testimony. She could have handled it a different way.

Jude 1

Where to start? Agree with most here, but KD is no Esther. The rest of the world, myself included openly question why it is only SSM she is worried about? Is she licensing an Abortion Clinic? Why not that? Is she licensing a business that is stealing from their customers? Is she licensing a liquor store or bar? Why not them?

I think what most of us are tired of, weary of, is that it is only gay folks that get the hate, focus, etc. If she was consistent across the board, the whole board of her influence, we would admire her and go on. But she seems to only care about one issue like there is only one issue of sin in the world. Ultimately it appears to come down to the old problem about "relative righteousness." Your sins are worse than mine. KD has sin in her life, like we all do. Why does she pick just one to attack? What is she doing about drugs, prostitution, adultery, drunkeness, etc? Call me backsllid if you want, i am not btw. I am just so tired of people that pick and choose "that one sin" to beat other people up with. Years ago it was alcohol (KKK was originally about Christian Morals even for whites) was the boogey man. Then it was interracial marriage. etc etc etc.

Today, that one detestable sin is SSM. I choose to deal with my own problems and let others deal with theirs.

I really wonder if KD would have ever stepped foot in a church if, before she was saved, she was run down by the church for all her poor choices?

Christianity is about life change thru a relationship with Christ. It is about who He is and who we are. Driving even more people away from Him by turning away from the grace that won you is a bad deal in my book. I know so many people that were wounded by God-Fearing, hate-filled, busy-bodies that i shudder to see them before the throne. you want to ultimately do best for the church and for your community? LOVE. that is all. Love God, and love your fellow man as yourself.

For every person you show me that was turned off by the truth... I will show you entire churches that still remain lost because they believe that truth has been done away with and GOD does not judge.

If only John the Baptist or Stephen had loved and accepted more they might have lived longer. If only Yeshua had just accepted the pharisees and rulers with love and acceptance he would not have been crucified. Maybe if all of the first Christians had just flung open their houses to accept Idol worship and actually spent time to get to know these people they might not have been burned alive or fed to lions.

NO!!! They stood up for the faith. They stood up for truth. They spoke scripture and were killed for it.

Are you assuming that Kim Davis does not speak out against the things you mentioned or are you just hating her for this one belief? (Which by the way is judging)

Have you ever considered that she was led to Christ because she saw that she was actually sinning? Have you ever considered she might have actually seen where she was and stopped, repented, and started living for HIM? Have you ever considered that she might have been like the theif on the cross and begged for grace and mercy with tears?

I never knew the gospel was about Jesus accepting me. I always thought it was about me accepting him??? He loved me enough to show me sin. Not to condemn me in my sin but to save me from sin.

"GOD IS LOVE" = Proverbs 3:12, Hebrews 12:5-11, Job 5:17-18, 1 Cor 11:32, Rev 3:19 and also some Jude 1:20-23 mixed with 1 Cor 6 and 1 John 5:2-3

What would Jesus do?

You're welcome to your opinion, but to be fair, the woman was not a Christian at the time of any of her divorces. She only came to be a believer about 3-4 years ago. It's hardly fair in my opinion to hold someone accountable for a set of beliefs about the nature and sanctity of marriage that she didn't even subscribe to until a few years ago. That undermines the "she's just pushing an agenda" meme to me.

There's no zealot like a converted one.

What would Jesus do?

Yeshua would heal people from their sin if they would accept him and confess their sin. First they must accept they are a sinner with their heart and not just their mouth.

An earthly example: The adulteress person always seems to say the right things with their lips (im a sinner please forgive me) but their true heart is usually always reveiled by their actions and they cheat again. I have also seen grown men caught cheating and fall down on their face with tears and weight loss and never cheat again. Which one loved their spouse more than their sins?

That is the gospel!!!

And cue the standard misuse of a word or phrase in an attempt to be clever or sound smarter.

Which side is constantly whining about "taking our country back"? <_</>

Your question does not address my post

Taking back our country is a valid position.

No one on the left is claiming they are victimized because they are prevented from establishing their theocracy.

Except the Church of climate change.

There's no zealot like a converted one.

That's not entirely invalid. Recently converted folks are obviously excited - they feel like their life has been transformed. But they also tend to be somewhat immature spiritually. And if they aren't getting good spiritual counsel and advice, then they can not always understand what are essential things on which one can't compromise and where they can. I think more years being a Christian and having some wise spiritual counsel in her life could have helped her to see there was a way to preserve her convictions on this matter, keep her job, but allow people to have access to what they are permitted to have under law. Such scenarios aren't always possible and one may have to stand their ground in those times, but this wasn't one of them.

Archived