Offensive questions

juscAUse

We as fans have a lot of confidence in our coaches and stand behind their decisions. We all saw that JJ had some issues yesterday but I keep reading the "he will be fine". Based on what? And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way but I genuinely want to know is that just based on wishful thinking and trust that our coaches know best? Because I have to say that I am genuinely concerned. NM had issues being a consistent passer but his elusiveness as a running, his ability to read defenses, and his football IQ were intangibles that had everyone's respect.

We saw snippets of JJ last year and we're ready for a more balanced and powerful offense. But after yesterday I realized that when JJ played last year he had scripted plays and rarely if ever ran. So what have we seen that makes us think he can lead and play QB or be more of a KF. He throw into coverage and right at the other team's players. Yes he was out of the pocket but not exactly about to go down. He ran for a first down and went down before he got to the 1st down mark. His decision making, lack of reading a defense, and possibly bad mechanics when under pressure are really big problems. This is about football smarts and I'm not sure this is something the coaches can just teach watching game film. You guys made fun of other schools and their QB issues, well the UAT and UGA QBs played very well. Let's take off our O&B glasses. We may have a problem. We would have beaten UL handidly yesterday with better play from one position. That's a fact. SW is supposed to have that football IQ and intangibles. I for one hope he gets reps next week. JSU is not much of a test but LSU will kill us if JJ doesn't have his act together. And this team is too talented to throw away one game based on poor play when the next guy is waiting in the sidelines.

Calling for SW already? Cool

We as fans have a lot of confidence in our coaches and stand behind their decisions. We all saw that JJ had some issues yesterday but I keep reading the "he will be fine". Based on what? And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way but I genuinely want to know is that just based on wishful thinking and trust that our coaches know best? Because I have to say that I am genuinely concerned. NM had issues being a consistent passer but his elusiveness as a running, his ability to read defenses, and his football IQ were intangibles that had everyone's respect.

We saw snippets of JJ last year and we're ready for a more balanced and powerful offense. But after yesterday I realized that when JJ played last year he had scripted plays and rarely if ever ran. So what have we seen that makes us think he can lead and play QB or be more of a KF. He throw into coverage and right at the other team's players. Yes he was out of the pocket but not exactly about to go down. He ran for a first down and went down before he got to the 1st down mark. His decision making, lack of reading a defense, and possibly bad mechanics when under pressure are really big problems. This is about football smarts and I'm not sure this is something the coaches can just teach watching game film. You guys made fun of other schools and their QB issues, well the UAT and UGA QBs played very well. Let's take off our O&B glasses. We may have a problem. We would have beaten UL handidly yesterday with better play from one position. That's a fact. SW is supposed to have that football IQ and intangibles. I for one hope he gets reps next week. JSU is not much of a test but LSU will kill us if JJ doesn't have his act together. And this team is too talented to throw away one game based on poor play when the next guy is waiting in the sidelines.

Calling for SW already? Cool

Yeah. Great to know he's holding it all together and not pushing the panic button.

No I think my post was pretty clear. JJ didn't just make 1/2 mistakes. He had the same problem throughout the game to the point that the coaches kept from calling pass plays toward the end of the game. That is why I'm raising the flag and wondering if there is a real issue here. If so, SW may be an option. We will see if this game was just a fluke.

No I think my post was pretty clear. JJ didn't just make 1/2 mistakes. He had the same problem throughout the game to the point that the coaches kept from calling pass plays toward the end of the game. That is why I'm raising the flag and wondering if there is a real issue here. If so, SW may be an option. We will see if this game was just a fluke.

Based on one game. And we've seen him in other games, including a half against an SEC opponent where he's played extremely well.

We don't know if SW is an option or not right now. He hasn't even played a down of college ball.

Based on one game. And we've seen him in other games, including a half against an SEC opponent where he's played extremely well.

We don't know if SW is an option or not right now. He hasn't even played a down of college ball.

It's a sign of the times. We decide when history starts, and what facts matter, or even exist. If he's right, Gus and the coaches and all the coaches that wanted JJ are wrong. Could still happen, but I am not on the ledge at this point.

No disrespect but that's just crazy thinking. SW will get his snaps this week against Jack. St. You really really think SW is more prepared to replace JJ now? Wow.......I know JJ performance was bad really bad at times but the coaches see and coach these players daily for years and I believe they know more then we ever will about how who's the best to play at the moment.

Who's the best player on the team is always the 2nd string QB when the 1st string QB had a bad game.

I am going to predict your future, but first I will delve into your past.

2014: "Nick Marshall can't throw. We need to see more of Jeremy Johnson, RIGHT NOW!"

Now let's go over your present.

2015: "Jeremy Johnson had a bad game. We need to see more of Sean White. RIGHT NOW!"

This is what I see in your future.

2016: "Sean White is a statue. We need to see more of Tyler Queen. RIGHT NOW!"

2017: "Tyler Queen is too slow. We need to see more of Woody Barrett. RIGHT NOW!"

I would like to see more of Woody than Tyler anyway

JJ threw 5 to 6 ill advised passes. He was very impressive on connecting on some other plays. Most people that currently compete or have competed realize that you have some tough patches during an event or even have tougher days. JJ will have some very good days before the end of the year. I wish some of my off days had ended up with a Win.

No disrespect but that's just crazy thinking. SW will get his snaps this week against Jack. St. You really really think SW is more prepared to replace JJ now? Wow.......I know JJ performance was bad really bad at times but the coaches see and coach these players daily for years and I believe they know more then we ever will about how who's the best to play at the moment.

Who's the best player on the team is always the 2nd string QB when the 1st string QB had a bad game.

I really want to know why Sean is supposed to have more football IQ than Jeremy lol... Jeremy has practiced the college game 2 years longer and was better in high school as well

JJ seemed rattled. If he can put that behind him and play to his skill set, I think he will be fine.

We need to establish a strong run game first, we didn't do it as well as we should have this game. Imo we need to attack defenses interiors with Jovon and or Roc to start off with. I mean this is all obvious but I didn't see as much as I would have expected early on. Let JJ complete the easier throws that are wide open due to play action to start off with.

If we can establish a run game early on, JJ will be great.

If Lawson Matthews and the defense stay healthy, we are set. Not to mention if cowart starts to emerge like Lawson did his freshman year.

All in all, a new defense under a new defensive coordinator with a new quarterback and a 3 split backfield with not too much combined experienced. Obvious problems as well as obvious bright spots.

The thing is

I didn't see Duke targeted too often either...especially on 3rd downs...any news on that? He and Lawson (imo) are our two most valuable players. In the sense they seem to be the most likely all American candidates based on most of the media attention outside of JJ

Sorry if this has all been previously posted

Offensive question:

Asking a woman how much she weighs

More:

JJ running it when the the recivers are covered. (easy for me to say. I know)

Duke. love me some Duke.

Conditioning. We had them 24-0 in the 3rd. I was s***ting my pants around the end of the 4th. (This will get better during the season)

Less:

Prairie dogging. (speed offensive football please?) They often looked confused.

Forcing the ball when JJ can just run it for a few yrds.(easy for me to say. I know)

Try not running the ball directly thru the middle of 6, 350 lb guys so much.

Overall Im happy with the win. Im gonna put alot of the mishaps on "the jitters" D looked ok. O looked ok. Didnt see anything that is gonna kill us sept the 3 Ints and Im gonna call it "jitters" for now.

JJ gets to fine tune it this weekend.

I really want to know why Sean is supposed to have more football IQ than Jeremy lol... Jeremy has practiced the college game 2 years longer and was better in high school as well

Guess we don't know that but assuming that JJ's college experience translates in to anything ?....well, that's what everyone thought about KF and KB....guys with amazing HS stats and several years of intensive coaching at AU....who never grasped the QB position at game speed.

Not saying that's where JJ is because it's way too early....but don't make too much out of any kid's past....HS or college practice....until he gets on the field in a Div 1 game. That goes for SW too of course.

less predictability

more 2 back sets

more pass to the motion man

more setting the edge by the DE and stop taking the easy inside move.

better tackling

better view of the field by QB

I'm in the "sit back and wait" camp. I will see how adjustments are made before I decide that JJ can't cut it or we need to put Kerryon in or that our O-line needs to be replaced. This was one game, the first game, and there were as many good things to focus on as there are bad. I just can't imagine that our coaches can be that far off about a player. They have faith in him, so I will too. When their faith goes away, then mine will too.

Archived