JJ vs UL - INT #1 Analysis

AUEngineer2016

Any way it goes Jeremy would have been throwing a 50/50 ball. We were outnumbered. That was a well coached and disciplined play. No one over played there zone. This whole game of football is a numbers game and the defense got us on that one.

Linebacker never left the middle the safety valve is RB leaking out. If JJ takes the safety valve he picks up good yardage as linebacker was inside and db's were to deep to initially help on RB. Problem was that JJ initially mis-read Defense give Defense credit for that it was a good call but next issue is JJ locked in where he was going with the ball never went through a progression or noticed receiver was heavily covered. He may not get first down but would have made FG easier if he dumps to rb.

If I interpreted what you said correctly then that's what I'm saying. He did mis-read the defense and I think it was because of the step over the top by the safety. So yes hi the underneath and take the points.

Any way it goes Jeremy would have been throwing a 50/50 ball. We were outnumbered. That was a well coached and disciplined play. No one over played there zone. This whole game of football is a numbers game and the defense got us on that one.

Linebacker never left the middle the safety valve is RB leaking out. If JJ takes the safety valve he picks up good yardage as linebacker was inside and db's were to deep to initially help on RB. Problem was that JJ initially mis-read Defense give Defense credit for that it was a good call but next issue is JJ locked in where he was going with the ball never went through a progression or noticed receiver was heavily covered. He may not get first down but would have made FG easier if he dumps to rb.

If I interpreted what you said correctly then that's what I'm saying. He did mis-read the defense and I think it was because of the step over the top by the safety. So yes hi the underneath and take the points.

The option route I'm speaking of would be the running back blocking if a blitz comes and running a middle curl to the open zone if no blitz comes.

The option route I'm speaking of would be the running back blocking if a blitz comes and running a middle curl to the open zone if no blitz comes.

Agree with you 100%. My only point was even though JJ initially mis-read defense because it was well disguised he still needs to go through progression and if receiver is covered take the route you described. Hopefully this is a teaching moment and JJ learns from it. In todays game you have to go through progressions and even if you have made up your mind where you are going you have to look around if for no other reason then not to advertise where you are going.

Archived