***Auburn 27 Jacksonville State 20 (OT) Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Going to go all stream of consciousness up in this mug...

This is not a well coached team. I'm a coach- a very successful one- and I see a team with no identity who lacks basic fundamental skills. Team chemistry is also lacking.

Jeremy Johnson has been absolutely horrible but I'm not ready to completely give up on him just yet. Let's see how he does down in Red Stick before writing him off.

Oline is very bad.

Peyton Barber is who I thought he was.

Roc Thomas is not an SEC caliber back.

Rhett Lashlee is absolutely dead weight. He is useless. Never forget that his useless face graces the cover of our media guide.

Our defense looks absolutely lost at times. I'm not willing to give Boom a throwaway season to get it turned around.

Gus should've pulled Jeremy. Baffling decision to leave him in. Makes me truly wonder about Sean White.

Rudy Ford is big time. He and Barber have stepped up.

Auburn does not develop football players. This hurts, I know, but it's the truth. If I was a big time recruit I would seriously question this staff's ability to get me to the next level.

Shon Coleman isn't very good.

Montravious Adams is finally showing just how good he is.

I don't think Gus is the right man for this job. I think he attempts to hide his deficiencies with gimmicks and those deficiencies are starting to shine through.

Dang Chimes..you went full melt bro. lol.

I'm usually on the same page with my boy chimes, but I have to disagree with some of this stuff

I might just be a little overly emotional after the game...or you might just be wrong ;).

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Our QB isn't as good as we thought he was

2. Our RBs aren't as good as we thought they were

3. Carl Lawson can't stay healthy, and without him our Defense can't play for some reason.

4. Our team couldn't have been more disinterested in playing this game, and it showed from the start.

Ummmmm Peyton Barber is pretty damn good

Peyton Barber is EVERYTHING right now for us. You can put blame on the Oline for not being consistent.

Barber has been good so far, but you can't tell me our RB corps is anything great. We don't have anything approaching a Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb, or even a Tre Mason.

I think Barber could be that if we block consistently. The Oline has a large part in that. I don't count Bama's RBs b/c look at most of them and how they've done in the NFL. One was just cut from the Raiders. It was the OL much more than Bama's RBs. UGA...their guys are legit for sure but if Jovon can get healthy i like the one - two punch of him and Barber. At least with those two they can make some yardage a little on their own. Roc doesn't give us that. Peyton straight beasted on some of those runs. It was his shear will despite the Oline.

No Peyton may not give you 50+ run TDs but he's eating 5+ yards up every time he gets the ball. I'll take that all day long.

For those who say Jax St. is really good. WRONG! Just wait and see how they do the rest of the season. They'll be just like UL who lost today. JSU gets credit but REALLY. We have a ton of work to do. Plain and simple.

They are good and very well coached. They have a SEC dline littered with FBS transfers, and they execute very well offensively. I know this team needs work, not sure what happened today but when it mattered the team rose up. 2-0, with a tremendous drive for the team to get better, they know they can't roll into BR, and expect to win with a performance like today.

Maybe but i saw people on here hype up UL after last week. What did they do today? Not buying it with JSU.

Im not buying the JSU hype either, we have a very poorly coached team. So sad

Yes we seem to be lacking in several areas that can be blamed on coaching. But, this JSU team is a Top 5 FCS team and will probably play for the FCS Championship. As I said on Friday, they could easily be ranked in the Top 50 of FBS teams.

This is not a well coached team. I'm a coach- a very successful one- and I see a team with no identity who lacks basic fundamental skills. Team chemistry is also lacking.

Jeremy Johnson has been absolutely horrible but I'm not ready to completely give up on him just yet. Let's see how he does down in Red Stick before writing him off.

Oline is very bad.

Rhett Lashlee is absolutely dead weight. He is useless. Never forget that his useless face graces the cover of our media guide.

Our defense looks absolutely lost at times. I'm not willing to give Boom a throwaway season to get it turned around.

Gus should've pulled Jeremy. Baffling decision to leave him in. Makes me truly wonder about Sean White.

Auburn does not develop football players. This hurts, I know, but it's the truth. If I was a big time recruit I would seriously question this staff's ability to get me to the next level.

I don't think Gus is the right man for this job. I think he attempts to hide his deficiencies with gimmicks and those deficiencies are starting to shine through.

I'm usually on the same page with my boy chimes, but I have to disagree with some of this stuff

I might just be a little overly emotional after the game...or you might just be wrong ;)/>.

Emotional it is then lol!

We have no offensive identity. It reminds me a lot of the 2013 season. We struggled on offense our first 2 games, then went to LSU and were down by 21 at halftime. The second half we said to hell with being a balanced offense and let's run the zone read until they stop it. The offense took off after that. Gus wants to be a balanced offense this year, but his QB is not capable yet, if he ever will. Not saying the same thing will occur in 2015 that occurred in 2013. The offensive staff needs to figure out this week what Jeremy is capable of executing and limit him to those plays only

The very fact the number 3 RB on the depth chart at the beginning of the season turns out to be one of the only bright spots on the "O" causes me great concern. I would like to think our coaches could recognize our kids abilities better than this. How many other positions are they clueless about? Collectively, what are we best at? The "O" coaches should know by now, or they just wasted a LOT of time in the spring and preseason, geez.

Oline is very bad.

Youre nowhere near as successful as a coach as Gus is and you never will be. Stop with the nonsense

Do I coach at the same level as Gus? Absolutely not. Do I make anything close to what Gus makes? Absolutely not. Do I think that I'll ever reach the heights of my profession that Gus has? Probably not. Do I have over a .900 winning percentage in my 3 years as a coach? Yep. Have all 3 of my teams been championship teams with 2 finishing their seasons in the top 2% of all the teams in the country? Yep.

I could go on.

I never said I'm Gus Malzahn but I am a very successful coach who knows how to get EVERYTHING out of a team.

Who do you coach? And I am assuming you are a HC,,,

I'd rather not say (internet and anonymity) but I will say that I had to turn down an offer from Auburn's head coach to coach AU camps over the summer because I was coaching my team to a title at the national championship.

I don't know everything but I do know coaching/team dynamics. And yes, I'm a head coach.

And Kate Upton is my side girl.

My Twitter link has been in my profile for over a year now. Anonymity...pfft

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

I agree with you. Even though most people are pressing the panic button, I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

21/32 236 yards with 2 tds and 2 ints. If you take out the interceptions, he completed almost 70 percent of his passes and threw for over 200 yards across 8 different receivers. I know that the interceptions were bad, but he did pretty well aside from them. He also looked better in the second half where he went 10-14.

Oline is very bad.

I held it in all game. Felt like a shaken up coke bottle ready to spew.

I hear you man! It's frustrating for sure. Esp. with all the talent we have. Auburn football just insists on making me alcoholic every year. I dream of days where we can just chill and enjoy a blowout win.

As far as defense, I don't think we've recruited enough fast twitch d ends. We can't just simply be Lawson or nothing as far as generating a pass rush

We need to just run the football and that will open up the game. Hopefully....

I agree here...the running game needs to be more diverse....and throw it to the tight end ....please!!

We can do it, but we'll need to find a second as dependable as Barber to make it work.

Oline is very bad.

Youre nowhere near as successful as a coach as Gus is and you never will be. Stop with the nonsense

Do I coach at the same level as Gus? Absolutely not. Do I make anything close to what Gus makes? Absolutely not. Do I think that I'll ever reach the heights of my profession that Gus has? Probably not. Do I have over a .900 winning percentage in my 3 years as a coach? Yep. Have all 3 of my teams been championship teams with 2 finishing their seasons in the top 2% of all the teams in the country? Yep.

I could go on.

I never said I'm Gus Malzahn but I am a very successful coach who knows how to get EVERYTHING out of a team.

I'd rather not say (internet and anonymity) but I will say that I had to turn down an offer from Auburn's head coach to coach AU camps over the summer because I was coaching my team to a title at the national championship.

I don't know everything but I do know coaching/team dynamics. And yes, I'm a head coach.

In that case, tell Kate I said "What's up?"

So Gus said all week we weren't looking ahead to LSU. Whew, good thing we put the extra work in or we wouldn't have been able to take down JSU. :)

Oline is very bad.

I could go on.

I will... Whenever I get off of my yacht.

Anyone's thoughts on gus throwing a true freshman rb into the fire in ot agaist jsu?

He played better than Roc IMO.

Did he catch like two passes...outside of Roc not protecting the ball what was so bad about his performance?

Didn't say he played horrible. Where did i say he played horrible? I said i thought Kerryon played better than Roc. That's just my opinion. Once again like i've always said that Roc needs to be used in a different capacity to capitalize on what skills he brings.

... But, this JSU team is a Top 5 FCS team and will probably play for the FCS Championship. As I said on Friday, they could easily be ranked in the Top 50 of FBS teams.

Louisville is also super despite losing today to super-duper Houston. I, for one, feel better knowing the opponents we nearly lost to are really super.

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

I agree with you. Even though most people are pressing the panic button, I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

21/32 236 yards with 2 tds and 2 ints. If you take out the interceptions, he completed almost 70 percent of his passes and threw for over 200 yards across 8 different receivers. I know that the interceptions were bad, but he did pretty well aside from them. He also looked better in the second half where he went 10-14.

And.... If you take out my 2 DUIs and that vehicular homicide conviction, I'm a great driver.

Oline is very bad.

I could go on.

I will... Whenever I get off of my yacht.

Guess I could add that, at only 25, my wife has won an Olympic gold medal as an assistant coach for Team USA. You could say that coaching runs in the fambly.

Maybe Gus and Rhett will sit down with JJ and have a talk about quarterbacking. Couldn't hurt.

You mean sit down number 2?

Just messin. Talking won't fix this.

Archived