***Auburn 27 Jacksonville State 20 (OT) Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Injuries, play calling, o line, and qb play are our problems

this worries me more than almost anything, especially on defense.

Keep your heads up guys, we have LSU in Baton Rouge next week.

I'm not sure if its better for LSU to win or lose tonight.

I hope they get smashed. Lol

I'm conflicted because I just can't stand Dan Mullen and Les Miles is probably my favorite rival coach.

Oh, I love Les! But I don't want them to win. Too many bad memories.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy will not be benched the entire season. I would almost put money on that.

His inability to run is what bothers me just as much as his inability to read a defense.

Anyone's thoughts on gus throwing a true freshman rb into the fire in ot agaist jsu?

If he's ready to play, and he can help, you play him.

i guess so, that should be a huge confidence boost for him

It starts with JJ but we have other concerns. Our offense is running in slow motion. I'm looking at ole miss and that's the way we're supposed to look. Yes our corners are young and our Dline at times can be stronger but our biggest problem on D is lack of the SEC lbs. problem is they are out there too much because our offense sputters. I don't understand how we look so bad overall on both sides of the ball.

Ole Miss is fricking rolling on offense!

I agree we need to speed it up. We're going way to slow. I don't think we can keep waiting on first downs to go fast. Go fast first snap on offense. When we did it seemed like JJ calmed down a little bit. Probably gives him less time to think.

To add insult to injury, Houston beat Louisville. Jackson 12 carries for 16 yards. If ESPN's math is correct, that's 1.3 YPC.

12 carries for 16 yards are u freaking kidding me?

Anyone's thoughts on gus throwing a true freshman rb into the fire in ot agaist jsu?

It scared me a bit but so did having Roc in the game late carrying the ball when he has had fumble issues in the past.

TRob giving a good interview on the postgame show.

Said it's way better to learn and grow while winning; they'd have lost that game at UF.

Said we'll get better, that it starts with him. Sounds like he has a very good handle on what was happening with the DBs. Said they improved as the game went on.

I guess if you consider giving up 10 points in the first half and 10 points in the second half improvement.....I call it trying to convince people you earned your 6 figure salary... I will say D isn't to blame here. It's on Gus and Gus alone. I also maintain that Gus is interfering with the D and it's very obvious if you look at CWM style of D versus what we are seeing.

To add insult to injury, Houston beat Louisville. Jackson 12 carries for 16 yards. If ESPN's math is correct, that's 1.3 YPC.

Dak Prescott and the rest of MSU(and any other team with a non-iron boots QB) are just licking their chops looking at our defense.

His inability to run is what bothers me just as much as his inability to read a defense.

Not being asked to run is very different than not being able too. Go watch his high school highlight film. He runs very well, just hasn't been asked to for whatever reason. I wish they would go back to the true zone read and let him run.

It starts with JJ but we have other concerns. Our offense is running in slow motion. I'm looking at ole miss and that's the way we're supposed to look. Yes our corners are young and our Dline at times can be stronger but our biggest problem on D is lack of the SEC lbs. problem is they are out there too much because our offense sputters. I don't understand how we look so bad overall on both sides of the ball.

Ole Miss is fricking rolling on offense!

I agree we need to speed it up. We're going way to slow. I don't think we can keep waiting on first downs to go fast. Go fast first snap on offense. When we did it seemed like JJ calmed down a little bit. Probably gives him less time to think.

I'd be in favor of trying that, too, to be honest.

They had film on him and we didn't

This team lives and dies with Jeremy Johnson. Whether we like it or not.

Not being asked to run is very different than not being able too. Go watch his high school highlight film. He runs very well, just hasn't been asked to for whatever reason. I wish they would go back to the true zone read and let him run.

When we call the zone reads are they actually being read or predetermined?

not sure how this is an insult to us. We already beat Louisville. That's an indictment on Louisville not us..

First play of OT no less. Meant to add that to my list of unforgiveable calls that look like intentional attempts to lose the game. Happy KJ made a nice play, but that is asking for a fumble and CANNOT be acceptable in that situation. Ridiculously horrible call and calls like that will come to bite us in the next game IMO. Long road ahead.

Archived