***Auburn 27 Jacksonville State 20 (OT) Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Our QB isn't as good as we thought he was

2. Our RBs aren't as good as we thought they were

3. Carl Lawson can't stay healthy, and without him our Defense can't play for some reason.

4. Our team couldn't have been more disinterested in playing this game, and it showed from the start.

Our running backs are good.

Peyton saved us. Roc is a weapon besides the one big mistake.Kerryon is a weapon.

Might want to reevaluate

I'm not gonna prop up JJ because he made some mistakes but without the INTs he had a good day. Get that under control and we are a decent team

I'll agree with that. But I thought that issue would have been addressed after the Louisville game. I mean, they had plenty to work with to show him what NOT to do.

Unfortunately,I'm afraid something like that takes time that we don't have. Sux for JJ but I feel like the hype has gone to his head.

Well, he ought to be cured of that now. He almost led the team to its worst defeat in history. If that doesn't humble him, nothing will.

Ball players have a different mindset as we do.

I was actually surprised his stats were what they were. Though he was given a lot of gimme passes. None of those in death valley.

We should have a practice tonight

I've agreed with u more today than I can ever remember, lol

this times 1,000

Roc is not our every down back!He needs to play the speed sweep role and receiver like he did today on the TD.

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

I'm not ready to give up on him. But Gus HAS to consider it.

I have not given up yet either but Gus is going to have to get seriously creative with JJ and the offense b/c having a QB that doesn't pose a running threat on top of JJ's throwing issues....NOT GOOD. I think we need to use Jason Smith more...Wildcat, under center at QB, and read option.

I'm not gonna prop up JJ because he made some mistakes but without the INTs he had a good day. Get that under control and we are a decent team

I'll agree with that. But I thought that issue would have been addressed after the Louisville game. I mean, they had plenty to work with to show him what NOT to do.

Unfortunately,I'm afraid something like that takes time that we don't have. Sux for JJ but I feel like the hype has gone to his head.

Well, he ought to be cured of that now. He almost led the team to its worst defeat in history. If that doesn't humble him, nothing will.

Ball players have a different mindset as we do.

I was actually surprised his stats were what they were. Though he was given a lot of gimme passes. None of those in death valley.

I've agreed with u more today than I can ever remember, lol

this times 1,000

I agree

we lose with JJ as starter against LSU. Sorry, I am not a negative person, but he can't read a defense and just throws to the WR that was designed for that play. To me he is a athlete who throws a football not a QB.

Yep.

Wrong. Our coaches should be forced by Jay Jacobs to do stadiums until they throw up, then told if they EVER leave a qb that bad in a game then they are all fired. The D I give a small break. We are better than last year if only slightly. That is all that can be expected there. The offensive play calling and decision making would make Scot Loeffler ashamed. The decision to pull Barber for Roc where he fumbled is one of the most asinine and disgusting decisions I've ever witnessed. Add to that JJ not pulled for even 1 play, the calling of the same 4 or 5 plays the whole first half and calling a squib kick with one of the best deep kickers in the country are all unforgiveable IMO. Our "HC" has his head WAY up his arse. I'm also beginning to believe that the D struggles are because Gus has his hands on the d. Running out of any other possible explanation.

I'll cool off and give 1 more chance next week, but if we look this bad again as far as decision making and looking we are trying to intentionally lose, then I can't vouch for my attitude for the rest of the season. I just pray to God we get better. If we don't, we will have a new coach next year, 2 years after a NC game again. Starting to see a pattern here.

Roc is not our every down back!He needs to play the speed sweep role and receiver like he did today on the TD.

Barber got the start today, I imagine he'll get the start here on out carrying most of the load. Roc/Jovon will split carries. I'm assuming Kerryon will be used in the same capacity he was used today.

Injuries, play calling, o line, and qb play are our problems

this worries me more than almost anything, especially on defense.

Keep your heads up guys, we have LSU in Baton Rouge next week.

I'm not sure if its better for LSU to win or lose tonight.

I hope they get smashed. Lol

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

I'm not ready to give up on him. But Gus HAS to consider it.

I have not given up yet either but Gus is going to have to get seriously creative with JJ and the offense b/c having a QB that doesn't pose a running threat on top of JJ's throwing issues....NOT GOOD. I think we need to use Jason Smith more...Wildcat, under center at QB, and read option.

If we don't get this straightened out, we are in for a very long year -- starting next week.

10 negatives and 10 positives:

Negatives:

1)Really concerned about injuries

2)Would have like to have seen Jeremy benched at some point even if for a series

3)We are entirely different defense without Countess, Tre, Lawson, Halsey

4)We have to have a mobile QB 101 class.

5)Jeremy needs to make his reads. Can't throw the ball straight into defenders numbers.

6)Roc is an injury and fumble risk but a solid receiver out of the backfield.

7)Jovon not being played made little sense. After his out burst it made more sense but I think a lot of us were in agreement.

8)TEs and H-backs aren't targeted enough as usual and could really help Jeremy with comfort.

9)Playcalling, at times, remains a head scratcher

10)It worries me further Jeremy didn't play better against a smaller team. I figured he would be less pressured and get his legs under him in this game. Instead I saw shade of Frazier.

Positives:

1)Peyton Barber/Jonathan Ford/Ricardo Louis/Montravius Adams/Casanova Mckinzy

2)Special teams won us this game in reality

3)Penetration on defense was excellent but wrapping up and pursuit not so much

4)I saw heart in Barber that reminded me of Mason and I saw that same heart in the defense at the end

5)I still believe Muschamp will do wonders for this defense. It's simply the most dysfunctional one he has ever come across

6)I didn't drive 10 hours from Orlando to watch that game :plan

7)WR blocking has improved a lot D Craig is a smart guy and maybe should be coaching QBS

8)Time management was excellent on that last drive. Seems small but this is something some veteran coaches struggle with.

9)No major injuries to my knowledge?

10)Countess doesn't have to miss any game time next week.

War eagle

Will you please shut up about Jovon, Peyton played like a champ..No negatives. Jeez. Roc would have had a good game if he wouldn't made that big mistake

I'm conflicted because I just can't stand Dan Mullen and Les Miles is probably my favorite rival coach.

I hope they win 3-2.

we lose with JJ as starter against LSU. Sorry, I am not a negative person, but he can't read a defense and just throws to the WR that was designed for that play. To me he is a athlete who throws a football not a QB.

that can't work here. Jeremy was a very accurate QB. This is on QB development and management to a certain degree.

that can't work here. Jeremy was a very accurate QB. This is on QB development and management to a certain degree.

Ok then its coaching and the coaches are keeping him in the game.

1. Jeremy Johnson has to be told that interceptions chargeable to him will cost him the starting job...period.

2. Peyton Barber has to be 1st team back; his presence ignites OL effort

3. Team should focus on running game improvement all week

4. We must get our defensive backfield and Carl Lawson back.

5. CGM must call a complete game from start to finish

6. CGM must have team prepared to play

Did you watch the game. Peyton Was the starter and every down back. Roc was the backup. Kerryon was the speed sweep guy

This game lays at the feet of Gus and the uber vanilla game plan on both sides of the ball. A significant number of the players didn't execute.

Some played very well.

That offensive and defensive game plan was crazy. Jsu played very well.

Ok then its coaching and the coaches are keeping him in the game.

I mean you're not gonna find an argument here for that

TRob giving a good interview on the postgame show.

Said it's way better to learn and grow while winning; they'd have lost that game at UF.

Said we'll get better, that it starts with him. Sounds like he has a very good handle on what was happening with the DBs. Said they improved as the game went on.

Archived