***Auburn 27 Jacksonville State 20 (OT) Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

To add insult to injury, Houston beat Louisville. Jackson 12 carries for 16 yards. If ESPN's math is correct, that's 1.3 YPC.

not sure how this is an insult to us. We already beat Louisville. That's an indictment on Louisville not us..

Yep

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add insult to injury, Houston beat Louisville. Jackson 12 carries for 16 yards. If ESPN's math is correct, that's 1.3 YPC.

12 carries for 16 yards are u freaking kidding me?

Dak Prescott and the rest of MSU(and any other team with a non-iron boots QB) are just licking their chops looking at our defense.

LSU,Texas A&M, oh and don't forget that when you try to stop A&M's qb run they go over the top to one of their 6'3 and up wr's from their loaded wr corp, Miss State also yep....smh

My Amateur Assessment:

1. We need a QB skills coach. Gus is a system guy and Rhett is just his boy who never had the resume to be our OC.

2. Our d-line disruptiveness without Lawson is down 90%.

3. Gus and Jovon have a problem...I don't see that ending well.

4. The D is a huge work in progress. It will take time. A lot of young guys are playing.

5. Team intensity isn't just on the coaches. The best players have to step up. Cam was a vocal leader. Nick was not, nor is Jeremy. That's a problem.

6. Gus continues to leave behind the motion, misdirection, counters, and trickery that helped make him great, and there is little hurry up to our no huddle.

7. I'm starting to wonder if Jeremy has the IQ and judgment, plus the leadership skill to be QB. His physical skills are apparent, but the mental...it's a problem.

8. Barber has heart. And Ricardo is so solid this year. But we have to get Duke more involved.

9. Gus continues to be stubborn with his play-calling.

10. The O line is unmotivated. They need a leader to emerge who will hold them accountable.

Sorry to ask this again, but since this is a more active thread, can someone tell me what the entrance was? Just a generic "inspiration" song like LY?

The rushing game baffles me.

1) Passing Attack is very poor. The Opponents ignore it.

2) Opponents then stack the line, shutting down the run.

3) Its the last two years of CTT again.

No one respects JJs ability to throw anything but INTs.

They are daring him to throw it now.

Gus looks absolutely shellshocked. The look on his face postgame is very unsettling.

That was the strangest postgame interview i've ever seen. Gus didn't even believe or know what he was saying i'm sure.

And again i ask.....How in the world does so many people speak so freakin highly of a qb and he stinks up the joint so much?!?!

For those who say Jax St. is really good. WRONG! Just wait and see how they do the rest of the season. They'll be just like UL who lost today. JSU gets credit but REALLY. We have a ton of work to do. Plain and simple.

Uh, they actually aren't bad at the FCS level. No excuse, but they'll win games within their subdivision.

Ok...believe that if you wish. I'm not piling on us as i'm sure the players are doing that themselves but there is no way to sugarcoat this either. It's sh&t...so let it be sh&t. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but i'm not about to give JSU a ton of credit.

Roc is not our every down back!He needs to play the speed sweep role and receiver like he did today on the TD.

Kept saying he should be used like Grant. Grant 2.0.

Roc is not our every down back!He needs to play the speed sweep role and receiver like he did today on the TD.

sadly i have no choice but to agree with u now on that 83

Gus looks absolutely shellshocked. The look on his face postgame is very unsettling.

That was the strangest postgame interview i've ever seen. Gus didn't even believe or know what he was saying i'm sure.

Scary thought. Maybe Gus is clueless as a HC. Chizik was better in terms of results on the field at the same time of the Chizik experiment. Think about that.

wde

Wow, not the meltdown I thought this page would be. Good job guys! Keep it up...let's keep it positive.

You're more than welcome to read the collective meltdown in the game thread.

It did get into def con 1 in tthe game thread. When we beat LSU & Miss St no one will care we went to ot

Wow, not the meltdown I thought this page would be. Good job guys! Keep it up...let's keep it positive.

I assumed so. That is why I avoid the game thread for games such as this.

TRob giving a good interview on the postgame show.

Said it's way better to learn and grow while winning; they'd have lost that game at UF.

Said we'll get better, that it starts with him. Sounds like he has a very good handle on what was happening with the DBs. Said they improved as the game went on.

Fire tRob.

:)

not sure how this is an insult to us. We already beat Louisville. That's an indictment on Louisville not us..

Not according to peeps in this forum who thought Louisville was a dark horse to win the ACC after they rolled over Auburn like a mack truck in the 4th quarter of last week's game. The way I look at it is Auburn is still looking for their first credible win of the season. They've played to bad teams and should have lost them both. I wonder what the rankings will look like this week.

How many more bullets can Auburn dodge before one hits them square in the chest?

TRob giving a good interview on the postgame show.

Said it's way better to learn and grow while winning; they'd have lost that game at UF.

Said we'll get better, that it starts with him. Sounds like he has a very good handle on what was happening with the DBs. Said they improved as the game went on.

Fire tRob.

:)

:hellyeah:

It did get into def con 1 in tthe game thread. When we beat LSU & Miss St no one will care we went to ot

Dude there is nothing definite about it...lucky to beat jsu in ot and we beat lsu in baton rouge and miss st no doubt about it? C'mon man...well maybe i'm wrong..keep being optimistic don't mind me...

sadly i have no choice but to agree with u now on that 83

AND...Barber is the guy.Roc was the backup.

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

I'm not ready to give up on him. But Gus HAS to consider it.

I have not given up yet either but Gus is going to have to get seriously creative with JJ and the offense b/c having a QB that doesn't pose a running threat on top of JJ's throwing issues....NOT GOOD. I think we need to use Jason Smith more...Wildcat, under center at QB, and read option.

If we don't get this straightened out, we are in for a very long year -- starting next week.

Agree 100%. We have to get more creative though. That's just one way i think it can happen. It could help JJ...the running game. We have to find ways to take pressure off of him. I know some are already calling for White but he's no more mobile than JJ. What do people think White is going to do with zero experience. If anybody has to replace JJ...heck i'd want it to Jason Smith!

Yep

Louisville put all their eggs in our basket. Petrino told everybody he worked for 8 months on the Auburn game. He had a good plan. But now what do they do?

Yep

Louisville put all their eggs in our basket. Petrino told everybody he worked for 8 months on the Auburn game. He had a good plan. But now what do they do?

yeah,left the game plan in Atlanta

Archived