Jason Smith at QB?

doug3020

The same way Kiehl was unable to be saved, I fear the same is for Jeremy. These are fundamental problems that aren't usually saved. Tunnel vision, repeated over and over, poor footwork, the like.

Its too early to know for sure. I know for a fact that Jeremy could run like crazy in high school, and he has/had a killer arm. He was an offensive weapon and I watched him with my own eyes. Something or someone has gotten in that kids head. He is not playing to his talent or ability right now.

These things are hard to figure....like a few of our previous QBs.....but all were basically men playing against boys....bigger, stronger, faster than their opposition in HS. The SEC is a whole different game.....and seems that some guys just don't adjust....kinda like those very good Div 1 QBs who make that step to the NFL and just can't figure it out.

JJ may "get it" before long....but he's had lots of time with Gus and Lash as I've noted earlier....not like he is a freshman being tossed into the fire against an SEC team.

It is what it is. I don't think JJ is going to change the way he quarterbacks over night. He has a strong arm and has very good QB size. Not a magician but ball handling skills are good. A good leader teammates like him, support him and respect him. Passing accuracy is inconsistent at best. Doesn't seem to see the defenders well. Tendency to force throws. Focuses on primary target. Average runner but not very quick. But he is our guy. Coaches have rolled the dice with Jeremy. No one else will play QB unless he is injured or we are up 40 points

Jason doesn't have to be at QB to make a huge impact. I don't want him at QB. We can use him similar to what Spurrier does with Pharoh Cooper; except Jason would be more of a passing threat. It could open up the field more for JJ and the running game.

The same way Kiehl was unable to be saved, I fear the same is for Jeremy. These are fundamental problems that aren't usually saved. Tunnel vision, repeated over and over, poor footwork, the like.

Its too early to know for sure. I know for a fact that Jeremy could run like crazy in high school, and he has/had a killer arm. He was an offensive weapon and I watched him with my own eyes. Something or someone has gotten in that kids head. He is not playing to his talent or ability right now.

He'd have to have progressed to do the same in the SEC as he did in HS. Has this staff honed his abilities, added to his skill set or improved his play in any way? Remember, this is the staff that 'helped' Nick Marshall's passing 'improve' for his last season at AU.

Archived