Expect Jason Smith to have a big game v. LSU

thaitopher

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus finally take this special package for Smith that I have been hearing about. He will throw the ball at least once, bank on it.

Over the past 3 years, I've heard just about every player that's ever played QB before receive a package from Gus and Quan might be the only one who's actually done anything

Jason is about the same as Quan, so he SHOULD have a package and he SHOULD be used at QB a few times and LSU WAS the one of 2 or 3 games where we actually used some "other" plays but you never know with Gus.

Hopefully, you are right. We've heard alot about Jason Smith this off season but outside of the long pass called back, I'm not sure I have even seen him on the field. Take that back, he has probably been on the field and I just haven't noticed which says alot.

Hopefully, you are right. We've heard alot about Jason Smith this off season but outside of the long pass called back, I'm not sure I have even seen him on the field. Take that back, he has probably been on the field and I just haven't noticed which says alot.

I didn't notice him at all yesterday.

I think Jason could have a big game because he has the speed to get away from man-to-man coverage that LSU will be throwing at us. I would love to see some crossing routes with Jason matched up against a safety or the nickel.

Jason Smith was MVP back during the MS vs AL highschool game. The kid is a playmaker but Jeremy Johnson was also a big one in high school. I don't know what's going on with JJ but he just hasn't seemed like Mr. Alabama Football so far this season.

I really think Gus goes all out in this game wi the play calling, which is why he puts in Jason smith as a qb for a play or two. He was electric at qb in juco. Gary mentioned in the UL gam that he saw some Jason smith packages during practice and called it on one play but was wrong.

Jason Smith was MVP back during the MS vs AL highschool game. The kid is a playmaker but Jeremy Johnson was also a big one in high school. I don't know what's going on with JJ but he just hasn't seemed like Mr. Alabama Football so far this season.

Jason was indeed MVP of that game. He played receiver.

Over the past 3 years, I've heard just about every player that's ever played QB before receive a package from Gus and Quan might be the only one who's actually done anything

Jason is about the same as Quan, so he SHOULD have a package and he SHOULD be used at QB a few times and LSU WAS the one of 2 or 3 games where we actually used some "other" plays but you never know with Gus.

Agreed. Every year we talk about how fast we are going to play, how many ex-QBs are going to be in for trick plays, how Gus is keeping the offense vanilla until we get into the bigger games. Truth is-there are only a few times when we have actually played uptempo, and when we do, it's 3 or 4 plays. Uzomah made a couple bad throws while he was here, quan threw a little, don't think trovon reed ever did or Mario fannin or Terrell Zachary. And as far as the offense being vanilla...it pretty much always is. We may have 5 plays a year that are actually pretty cool. I know I sound like a downer. Just letting out some frustration as many others do on message boards. I hope things turn around but I have no reason to believe they will right now based on the last few years

Agreed. Every year we talk about how fast we are going to play, how many ex-QBs are going to be in for trick plays, how Gus is keeping the offense vanilla until we get into the bigger games. Truth is-there are only a few times when we have actually played uptempo, and when we do, it's 3 or 4 plays. Uzomah made a couple bad throws while he was here, quan threw a little, don't think trovon reed ever did or Mario fannin or Terrell Zachary. And as far as the offense being vanilla...it pretty much always is. We may have 5 plays a year that are actually pretty cool. I know I sound like a downer. Just letting out some frustration as many others do on message boards. I hope things turn around but I have no reason to believe they will right now based on the last few years

Reasonable gripes. It seems like we practice 75+ plays and a lot of original things, but come game time, we get out gained, out coached, and out played.

But that's not for this thread, under a hopeful situation (e.g us winning), Jason would need at least 100 combined yards. He seems at least as good at receiver as Ricardo, and finds some holes to get open. He can't be any worse than Jeremy when it comes to double passes, plus he could run if the pocket broke down. We need to Pharoah Cooper him

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus finally take this special package for Smith that I have been hearing about. He will throw the ball at least once, bank on it.

I am looking forward to this, that will be one way Auburn can win this game.

Archived