Aunation Sugar Bowl party pic

aumoore

IT WAS A GRAND TIME AT THE TAILGATING PARTY AND NO ONE CAN SAY THAT THEY DIDN'T LEAVE HAPPY. Thanks so much for the invite and I look forward to seeing yall again back here on THE GREATEST PLAINS ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Eagle :au:

Yes, thank you, au tailgating. I really enjoyed your hospitality and getting to meet everyone. WAR EAGLE!

jaydubb, WarTim was doing a good job of pretending to be sober... while you were the goober running around in the hall with a beer and a foam tiger head... I am afraid I must question your recollection of the day!!  :lol:   :roflol:   :roflol:

Timmy is such a sweetie!!!!! :wub:   Even my precious corndog liked him.  He was NOT AT ALL what I expected.  He even had all his teeth!! :o   :roflol:   :roflol:

What a FABULOUS day that was - I am sorry we got there just as everyone headed out to Tiger Walk.  Ironically, aumoore and AUSeminole and their friend Chang were sitting right behind us at the Dome.  We had a blast.  Ask them about the two "sweet" Va Tech guys sitting next to me that told us they were "fraternity brothers".  :no:

But I have to tell you about us pushy broads - Ravad and I did the old "excuse me, we're short!!" trick and got RIGHT UP FRONT at Tiger Walk!!!!!!!  I told every member of that team and all the coaches, even Tubby, that we all love them and are SO FREAKING PROUD of them.  A few of the players turned and looked at me and said thanks.  It was such an incredible experience that I cried, right there, just overwhelmed with emotion.  We have the best bunch of young men, BAR NONE, that have ever played together on such an incredibly successful team.  They will always be #1 in my book.

WAR DAMN EAGLE.

136505[/snapback]

Jenny are you talking about the two Sweet VT "boys" who probably spent the weekend parting at the far end of Bourbon Street? The same ones who got really realy defensive when you asked if THEY really did the Hokey Pokey during the third quarter and then they figured out you meant the VT fans. ;)

Oh yeah I apologize for my brother who can get quite.umm.... well lets say loud and obnoxious at the games. Did you know he was sober?

That would be Kimberly to my left gf(pls no wife) :big: Sorry i was so grubby,being my 1 st trip to NOLA my friends felt i should be dragged up and down Bourbon st looking for a seedier place than the last.

Thank you AU TailgaitingRules for your hospitality,and it was great to meet you all.

Y'all clean up alot better than I thought. ;)

Great photo. AUTailgatingRules said that we just missed everybody. :(

Thanks again for having us, and it was great to meet oysterman and channonc. Hope to see everyone next time.

I must say that's a very fine looking bunch there! ;) Thanks for sharing the pic and letting us all know who is who. I hope I can be part of a meeting next season.

:cheers: War Eagle....here's to the best (and best looking!) fans in the nation!!!!! :cheers:

What a FABULOUS day that was - I am sorry we got there just as everyone headed out to Tiger Walk.  Ironically, aumoore and AUSeminole and their friend Chang were sitting right behind us at the Dome.  We had a blast.  Ask them about the two "sweet" Va Tech guys sitting next to me that told us they were "fraternity brothers".   :no:

WAR DAMN EAGLE.

136505[/snapback]

Jenny are you talking about the two Sweet VT "boys" who probably spent the weekend parting at the far end of Bourbon Street? The same ones who got really realy defensive when you asked if THEY really did the Hokey Pokey during the third quarter and then they figured out you meant the VT fans. ;)

Oh yeah I apologize for my brother who can get quite.umm.... well lets say loud and obnoxious at the games. Did you know he was sober?

136695[/snapback]

You told me he was sober but if you hadn't told me, I would have NEVER guessed!!! :roflol: MAN - he was giving those VT folks some heck!! Please tell him that I am sorry if I came across as being a mommy (my new gig) when I scolded him, but the expletives were loud and proud and there WAS that little boy sitting in front of me with his grandparents... To his credit, your brother did mutter those words from then on... :big:

So I guess you guys didn't go to The Parade Bar when the game was over? :P I kind of wish you had gone just to see if our "sweet" VaTech friends were in there!!! :lol: That guy's reaction was hysterical when I asked about the Hokey Pokey! I swear I was asking about the VaTech fans in general - I NEVER EVER made that connection in my mind until HE brought it up! :roflol::roflol::rolleyes:

What a hoot!!!

Bump.

Going into the first college footbal-less weekend thought we should bump this photo back up to the top as a reminder of the glorious culmination of our 13-0 season.

War Eagle!!!

Thanks jaydubb. WT must still be hung over from all the joy since he don't know what left to right is and is not real sure where center is :D:D

:D jenny.....is your corndog hiding in the back hoping not to be identified by any of his LSU buds :D

137206[/snapback]

Yep. He might have gritted his teeth and paid out the butt for tickets to a football game that LSU wasn't in and Auburn was, and he might have gritted his teeth and spent the entire day in the company of a bajillion nutjobs screaming War Eagle and he might have gritted his teeth and gone upstairs at the Homewood Suites to meet up with my Aunation friends even though he assumed (correctly as it turned out :D ) that as soon as someone found out he was my corndog that they would immediately go "Man, did LSU blow it or WHAT!!", but he'd be DAMNED before he'd let anyone have proof that he was there!!! :big::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Speaking of, which one of you guys was it that IMMEDIATELY brought up the LSU-Iowa game??? He KNEW it would happen, but seriously, that was the very first thing someone said to him. Not "Hi how are you?" but "MAN, did LSU blow it or WHAT!" Poor baby... :no:

:roflol::roflol:

I don't know who brought it up first but I felt sorry for Ravad's hubby/boyfriend/mainsqueeze cuz I know I heard three or four people ask him "So you're the corndog?"

Thanks jaydubb. WT must still be hung over from all the joy since he don't know what left to right is and is not real sure where center is :D  :D

137201[/snapback]

While the above post may be true, I do know where the CENTER of the FOOTBALL Universe is located. :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

IT is GREAT to be an AUBURN TIGER. It is GREAT to be a FAN of the BEST TEAM in AMERICA ! ! ! :au:

I'm sorry that my brother and I didn't make it...but we were unaviodably detained at Pat O'Reillys by some really pretty VA Tech girls...but we were there in spirit. :big:

By the way...all of the Va Tech fans we met were the nicest fans we've ever met. Too bad there are such jerks on their boards. I can't believe what those clowns are saying. We didn't meet ANYONE like that at the game. Real nice folks...all of them.... :au::homer:

• 2 months later...

BUMP.

Has it really been nearly three months since we played our last game. I'm ready for the countdown to kickoff clock already.

Since we don't have that , let's all reflect fondly upon our time in New Orleans.

Shall we?

And what a great time it was Jay.

If I have followed Jenny's linking directions corectly here a couple of my memories of the trip.

neworleansvickicrandsm5gn.jpg

neworleanspregame5eh.jpg

With the help of TU21 I even have an 8x10 of the top picture signed by Stanley and Carlos. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

EDIT by Jenny - Just for clarification, left to right (that's for Tim's benefit, haha) that is Ravad, her hubby Ray the Auburn Dude, Jenny and the Corndog, who is trying to make sure none of his LSU friends (and there were plenty of them there) saw him hanging out with Auburn people.

Dang, we all had a blast!!!

As the "host" of the AUNATION pre-game get together in New Orleans, let me wet your whistle for 2005. We will be having a BBQ and Beverage party at the opening Georgia Tech game. We will provide all the BBQ sandwiches, Ribs, Cole Slaw, and Brunswick Stew you can eat at the "OFFICIAL WAR EAGLE NATION" RV all day on Saturday prior to the opening game. We had a great turn out for the Sugar Bowl party, but I expect to see many more of you on our "home turf". If you are nice to me, I might even let you pull out of one of the 20 coolers we have that are normally full of all kinds of adult beverages.

If you doubt that we throw a killer party, ask any of those that showed up in New Orleans. I look forward to seeing and feeding all of you guys and gals

If you doubt that we throw a killer party, ask any of those that showed up in New Orleans.  I look forward to seeing and feeding all of you guys and gals

153317[/snapback]

Don't doubt him...we had a great time.

Can't wait for the follow-up.

Where do you guys usually park?

BUMP.

Has it really been nearly three months since we played our last game. I'm ready for the countdown to kickoff clock already.

Since we don't have that , let's all reflect fondly upon our time in New Orleans.

Shall we?

153288[/snapback]

Hang in there Jaydubb. I will be callin' the "Nip" before you know it. Maybe you should start walking a mile or two per day to get ready for my "walking back to the car after the game" thing. :big: We will be kickin' some yellow jacket backside in a few short(long) months.

War Eagle...ONE at a time. :au:

Archived