Deputy Fields did nothing wrong, imo.

AURaptor

We keep missing the essential point of all this. The girl started this whole mess and the school should never have had to call in a police officer to handle something they are supposed to take care of themselves. She should have been hauled into the office and had her little a**worn out. If I had tried a stunt like that, I would have gotten it at school and at home.

Whoa, we got a tough guy here...

Not sure I would call him a tough guy. I actually experienced something similar. I was a screw up in high school. Got thrown out the last day of my junior year and if all I had done had been brought to light things should have been worse for me. The principal and school board dealt harshly with me. It was nothing like what happened at home. A small part of my rebellious streak is still laying in that basement. It was well deserved and I am better for it. Sad some kids don't have that kind of tough love.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We keep missing the essential point of all this. The girl started this whole mess and the school should never have had to call in a police officer to handle something they are supposed to take care of themselves. She should have been hauled into the office and had her little a**worn out. If I had tried a stunt like that, I would have gotten it at school and at home.

Not sure I would call him a tough guy. I actually experienced something similar. I was a screw up in high school. Got thrown out the last day of my junior year and if all I had done had been brought to light things should have been worse for me. The principal and school board dealt harshly with me. It was nothing like what happened at home. A small part of my rebellious streak is still laying in that basement. It was well deserved and I am better for it. Sad some kids don't have that kind of tough love.

That's fine for some situations. That wouldn't have worked well here. The girl was raised by a single mom and her mom had recently died. She's in foster care right now. A different approach would probably yield more results in this particular situation.

That's fine for some situations. That wouldn't have worked well here. The girl was raised by a single mom and her mom had recently died. She's in foster care right now. A different approach would probably yield more results in this particular situation.

A different approach was probably approiatre in this situation. most likely the different approach was required long before and will be required long after this school event. Who is going to decide when we intervene?

Amen bro.

Did you happen to read where she lost her mother, making her an orphan? Don't orphans - at least - get the benefit of doubt?

Only upon crossing the Monty Python line is one allowed to be upset about the death of a parent and given abilties to curse, act out, make threats etc etc.

Amen bro.

Yeah 'bro' because nothing helps you get over the death of your mother more than being 'hauled' away and having your little a$$ 'worn out.'

A different approach was probably approiatre in this situation. most likely the different approach was required long before and will be required long after this school event. Who is going to decide when we intervene?

A school administrator that's doing more than punching a time clock would know these things and approach it differently to begin with. A teacher that was cognizant of the students in his or her classroom would do the same.

If you govern everything by a list of rigid procedures without taking the person you're dealing with into account, you're going to screw things like this up a lot. It's a frequent problem in public schools with their zero tolerance policies and such that leave common sense and critical thinking at the door.

Amen bro.

Did you happen to read where she lost her mother, making her an orphan? Don't orphans - at least - get the benefit of doubt?

Only upon crossing the Monty Python line is one allowed to be upset about the death of a parent and given abilties to curse, act out, make threats etc etc.

:laugh: Do I smell elderberries?

Amen bro.

Yeah 'bro' because nothing helps you get over the death of your mother more than being 'hauled' away and having your little a$$ 'worn out.'

Well I doubt you know what it's like to lose a Mom or Dad. I do for both. My Dad died when I was 8 and I was ended up somewhat of a juvenile delinquent on the streets of Birmingham. My Mom had to work to support us so I was free to roam after school until she got home.She had to come downtown and get me out of the police station on one occasion. I got my ass whipped lots of times because of bad conduct in school......paddled by the principal and then by my Mom when I got home. I eventually matured enough to see the reality of where I was headed and things turned out OK. So don't give your candy ass crap.

I agree that the cop maybe overreacted. But do you know if he knew the kid's situation at home? Did anyone tell him?

One fact for sure......you ain't my bro.

her lawyer said her mom and grandmother are alive. not too sure about the broke arm either. no excuse for the degree of roughness, but the support for this sro by the students might tell more about the girls behavior and not just this incident.

If we going to use support to tell what's up with situations with policemen involved then you're going to open up a big can of worms.

If we going to use support to tell what's up with situations with policemen involved then you're going to open up a big can of worms.

It doesn't change my opinion on the matter but we need to look at all sides if there's false claims being made by the student or her family to further tarnish the people who serve and protect. She made a lot of errors herself in all this but the deputy should have used better judgement while removing her from the classroom.

It doesn't change my opinion on the matter but we need to look at all sides if there's false claims being made by the student or her family to further tarnish the people who serve and protect. She made a lot of errors herself in all this but the deputy should have used better judgement while removing her from the classroom.

Yes if there are false claims it needs to be handled, I just find it very disappointing people are even speaking on if she had did this or that. Even if her mother hadn't passed what on earth could a child do to justify being put in a choke hold flipped and thrown??

Yes if there are false claims it needs to be handled, I just find it very disappointing people are even speaking on if she had did this or that. Even if her mother hadn't passed what on earth could a child do to justify being put in a choke hold flipped and thrown??

From a Law Enforcement standpoint, none. From a societal standpoint it needs to be pointed out that we have a problem with out of control teenagers.

maybe so. Just odd that such a huge injustice happens and so many students, mostly minorities support the sro.

Amen bro.

Well I doubt you know what it's like to lose a Mom or Dad. I do for both. My Dad died when I was 8 and I was ended up somewhat of a juvenile delinquent on the streets of Birmingham. My Mom had to work to support us so I was free to roam after school until she got home.She had to come downtown and get me out of the police station on one occasion. I got my ass whipped lots of times because of bad conduct in school......paddled by the principal and then by my Mom when I got home. I eventually matured enough to see the reality of where I was headed and things turned out OK. So don't give your candy ass crap.

I agree that the cop maybe overreacted. But do you know if he knew the kid's situation at home? Did anyone tell him?

Odd that you agree with Tigger how this is "all on her", then offer up your own story that argues just the opposite.

Amen bro.

Odd that you agree with Tigger how this is "all on her", then offer up your own story that argues just the opposite.

I think this is where you say "but that's none of my business", cock your head to the side, and sip some tea.

Amen bro.

I think this is where you say "but that's none of my business", cock your head to the side, and sip some tea.

Well, I am pretty sure that if you post something on this - or any other forum - it's fair game for discussion.

she could have been removed from the chair with much less force.

A school administrator that's doing more than punching a time clock would know these things and approach it differently to begin with. A teacher that was cognizant of the students in his or her classroom would do the same.

If you govern everything by a list of rigid procedures without taking the person you're dealing with into account, you're going to screw things like this up a lot. It's a frequent problem in public schools with their zero tolerance policies and such that leave common sense and critical thinking at the door.

whatever her personal situation is, there is simply no excuse for disrupting the entire class and acting like a spoiled brat. It is long past time to stop making excuses for bad behavior.

whatever her personal situation is, there is simply no excuse for disrupting the entire class and acting like a spoiled brat. It is long past time to stop making excuses for bad behavior.

No one is making excuses. No one said she didn't deserve some sort of punishment for her actions. We're simply pointing out some circumstances that contribute to some kids acting out and that knowing things like this would help school administrators and deputies handle things more effectively.

And no matter what, it still didn't warrant the level of force used.

Archived