Deputy Fields did nothing wrong, imo.

AURaptor

We keep missing the essential point of all this. The girl started this whole mess and the school should never have had to call in a police officer to handle something they are supposed to take care of themselves. She should have been hauled into the office and had her little a**worn out. If I had tried a stunt like that, I would have gotten it at school and at home.

Amen bro.

Yeah 'bro' because nothing helps you get over the death of your mother more than being 'hauled' away and having your little a$$ 'worn out.'

Well I doubt you know what it's like to lose a Mom or Dad. I do for both. My Dad died when I was 8 and I was ended up somewhat of a juvenile delinquent on the streets of Birmingham. My Mom had to work to support us so I was free to roam after school until she got home.She had to come downtown and get me out of the police station on one occasion. I got my ass whipped lots of times because of bad conduct in school......paddled by the principal and then by my Mom when I got home. I eventually matured enough to see the reality of where I was headed and things turned out OK. So don't give your candy ass crap.

I agree that the cop maybe overreacted. But do you know if he knew the kid's situation at home? Did anyone tell him?

One fact for sure......you ain't my bro.

Odd that you agree with Tigger how this is "all on her", then offer up your own story that argues just the opposite.

I think this is where you say "but that's none of my business", cock your head to the side, and sip some tea.

Well, I am pretty sure that if you post something on this - or any other forum - it's fair game for discussion.

I guess our frequent sparring on other topics caused you to misunderstand the reference I was making. Understandable. Reading your retort to Proud reminded me of those funny Kermit the Frog memes. Do a Google image search for " that's none of my business" and you should get it.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that we have to have resource officers at school at all is a sad testament to the lack of parenting. Granted, the officer did go overboard. He could have pushed her in her desk right out the door. But the officer shouldn't shoulder all the blame. This kid refused to obey her teacher and then her principal. The resource officer being there at all was a direct result of her defiance.

Why shouldn't the officer not shoulder all the blame? I guess at a high school game next time a kid from the other team calls me a name or make a stupid joke I should just slap the hell out of them and I'm sure I won't get in trouble when I say the kid didn't have any home training....as if none of you ever disobeyed any rules while in high school.....And I bet you didn't get suplexed for it....

Why shouldn't the officer not shoulder all the blame? I guess at a high school game next time a kid from the other team calls me a name or make a stupid joke I should just slap the hell out of them and I'm sure I won't get in trouble when I say the kid didn't have any home training....as if none of you ever disobeyed any rules while in high school.....And I bet you didn't get suplexed for it....

disobeying rules are one thing. For instance using a phone in class. Blatantly disrespecting authority figures to the point a cop is called is not simply "disobeying rules". At the same rate don't minimize the girl as simply just disobeying rules.

disobeying rules are one thing. For instance using a phone in class. Blatantly disrespecting authority figures to the point a cop is called is not simply "disobeying rules". At the same rate don't minimize the girl as simply just disobeying rules.

Think about what you're saying. So what she didn't get up when they told her too. It was cool putting her in a choke hold? Like I said some of you are the same guys that said the drink girl punching that dude meant nothing as far as him hitting her but you are the same guys saying this girl is no martyr and she deserves blame....don't add up at all

Think about what you're saying. So what she didn't get up when they told her too. It was cool putting her in a choke hold? Like I said some of you are the same guys that said the drink girl punching that dude meant nothing as far as him hitting her but you are the same guys saying this girl is no martyr and she deserves blame....don't add up at all

no she didn't deserve a choke hold or a body slam.. That is why the dumbass is unemployed. She did need to be taken out of the room. She challenged three levels of authority and left no choice. He could have slid her desk, or simply took her by the arm gently at first just to show she was going out the easy way or the hard way. Then you let her decide whether you need more force. The cop just went from asking her to mopping the floor with her. This has not a damn thing to do with the girl getting punched at a bar.

As far as the don't touch a woman stand point it does. But if you want to say it doesn't ok. One thing about it definitely closer than anybody bringing up she's not a martyr and all that dumb crap

There were several intermediate steps between the cop addressing her and throwing her around like a WWE match that he skipped right over. It just wasn't necessary to resort to that level of force over some disrespect and a cell phone.

Proportionality was lacking.

The school should have handeled it. It's pretty pathetic that a school has to resort to getting police involved in a situation like that. Why didn't the school call the girl's legal guardian to come pick her up and take her home?

We as a society need to start handling these things, and stop letting things escalate to this level. The cops shouldn't have to do parents/teachers job. Unless the girl had a weapon, there was no need to get the police involved.

Some expect the police to do everyone else's job yet they're quick to point out what they do wrong while the people that should be doing their job don't step up and do better.

I agree the school should have dealt with the problem,the problem is the schools have been deballed just like the rest of society.Back in my day the teacher or principal would have dealt with it and by that I mean they would jerk you out of that desk and paddle your ass and then called my parents who would have also beat my ass.

Archived