24 Black Missouri Football Players Will Boycott Football Activities

cptau

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously these were weak leaders to begin with. The proper thing to have done is meet with CGP and the football team to tell them what is expected of them...what they have agreed to do by working there and accepting a scholarship. If they refused, suspend the coach and players for insubordination. This would give UM the right to fire CGP, with cause, and not have to pay his buyout. True leaders do not tuck their tails between their legs and run.

More trouble brewing in Columbia as students and administrators try to keep national media, local media and even journalism students from UofM away from the Concerned Student 1950. Set up Media Free zones. Went as far as telling a photographer he couldn't take photos. Yesterday they wanted all the media and publicity they could get. Now they are afraid of questions and photos. Maybe they got more response from the school than they were prepared for. Now the CS1950 don't know what to do next.

Video:

More trouble brewing in Columbia as students and administrators try to keep national media, local media and even journalism students from UofM away from the Concerned Student 1950. Set up Media Free zones. Went as far as telling a photographer he couldn't take photos. Yesterday they wanted all the media and publicity they could get. Now they are afraid of questions and photos. Maybe they got more response from the school than they were prepared for. Now the CS1950 don't know what to do next.

Video:

The liberal left: perpetually offended, self loathing, dishonest, intolerant, unable to govern and divisive. Welcome to the results of Obama's fundamental transformation of America.

JMO but under similar conditions the AU BOT would do about the same thing.....big time sports are the tail that wags the dog these days. This capitulation by the Mizz administration is going to light some fires elsewhere before too long.

Watch how UNC-CH is doing everything possible to cover up a decade of academic improprieties....totally surrendering the school's academic reputation to keep a handful of marginal students eligible for their sports teams. Not that long ago Penn State covered up a huge scandal in their athletic department and at Ohio State the president of that school joked (well it sounded like a joke) that he hoped that Jim Tressel would keep him on the job when JT was being slammed by the NCAA..

PS ...gotta give that young guy some credit for guts because some of those folks are absolutely nuts....bet the U of MIzz just loves this look at what they are teaching their students. Parents are throwing money away paying tuition there.

Did anyone catch the student reaction to the news of the president had stepped down? I don't think they celebrated that hard or cried that emotionally when the Berlin wall fell. This is beyond bizarre.

Did anyone catch the student reaction to the news of the president had stepped down? I don't think they celebrated that hard or cried that emotionally when the Berlin wall fell. This is beyond bizarre.

They weren't alive back then.

Seems like a mess.

Thomas Jefferson was not a racist or a rapist. He's the complete OPPOSITE!

Anyway, I don't see people at the top surviving this. Some of it deservingly so.

Why ? For what should they lose their job?

Did you read the stories!!! Some of what has happened on their campus is Disgusting! If that had happened at Auburn and NOTHING happened, you better believe people would be calling for the president to do something or step aside!!!!

I'm just so glad that hasn't happened to us.

Fingers crossed.

Seems like a mess.

Anyway, I don't see people at the top surviving this. Some of it deservingly so.

Did you read the stories!!! Some of what has happened on their campus is Disgusting! If that had happened at Auburn and NOTHING happened, you better believe people would be calling for the president to do something or step aside!!!!

Allegations...

What a bunch of imbeciles:

http://www.breitbart...ent-journalist/

http://gawker.com/professor-of-mass-media-seen-calling-for-muscle-to-bl-1741597776

I thought maybe it was best the president and chancellor stepped down. Now I'm sort of wishing they'd told them all to pound sand.

http://gawker.com/pr...o-bl-1741597776

I thought maybe it was best the president and chancellor stepped down. Now I'm sort of wishing they'd told them all to pound sand.

Saw this on the NYtimes...They are blasting that lady.

Seems like a mess.

Allegations...

mmm okay.

Someone needs to put the students on blast too.

Ha. Done!

if you have suffered injustice, are DEMONSTRATING, and in the "right", don't you WANT media coverage?

Seems like a mess.

Fingers crossed.

what happened

The chancellor of the University of Missouri system has resigned as well.

The university of Missouri system has just one president. Wolfe who just resigned was that president.

Each of the 4 Missouri campuses has a chancellor, loftin who resigned was only the Columbia campus chancellor. He had been the president of Texas A&M for 4 years. Someone does a good job for 4 years at A&M and then bombs at Missouri - Columbia?

I

Something is really wrong at Missouri and its not the racial situation. The BOT may not be backing up their school leaders.

Seems like a mess.

Fingers crossed.

I hope you're being sarcastic. One event happened on campus, one event happened off-campus at third - the "disgusting" event - I don't even know if that was legitimate or not. It might very well have been done by those who are protesting. Seriously, a swastika? What exactly is that supposed to signify ? If anything, it done in that "medium" would be derogatory and offensive to Nazis. Would it not?

And why would something similar happened at Auburn? There's no basis for any of this. Even in Columbia, there was no real basis for all this animosity and anger. This is hysteria times 100

They weren't alive back then.

Troll.

Love the resolve, think this is the wrong situation to do this though, but when injustice is happening this is what should be done, but at the same time as you can see people still complain about this. Protest and it's it shouldn't be done, riot and of course that shouldn't be done but then it's said why wasn't it a peaceful protest so you can see the circle, basically it's people not wanting anything done and things to continue as is. But this really affected a life style and money, then you can be heard.....now dude saying he won't eat without the football players??? Nobody cares and he's just one hungry dude and nobody cares

We are allowed to be critical of the protest though. If we just sit there and take a protest for face value, accept it all as the truth, and see their side only then that is no better than ignoring the issue completely.

Like I said you want to make a board for diversification but that board that is suppose to educate and tear down the racial barriers is to be segregated? I don't agree with that.

You want to address the Mental Health facilities on campus, but only if the new hires are people of color? I don't agree with that. Just like I don't agree with the Veterans Hospitals giving preference to veterans regardless of their qualifications.

The university has been working on the issues:

Wolfe said the UM system began work on a "systemwide diversity and inclusion strategy" as part of his strategic goals, which the UM System Board of Curators approved this summer. The strategy will be announced April 2016.

He said most of the demands on Concerned Student 1950's list were already included in the strategy draft, and that he would provide further details of the plan in coming months.

http://www.themaneat...ill-not-resign/

I mean you don't just wake up Friday morning and say ok we are going implement a systemwide program and change and have it done, in-place, and ready to go on Monday morning. Which seems to be what they want.

He was gonna do his protest with or without the football players. They are just jumping on the train. The football players won't play until he eats.

Like I said I don't agree with this particular cause, my point no matter how you go against fighting for your rights they will kill you in the media. Just like the peaceful sit ins back in the day. Protest that's a problem to. Of course rioting is a problem too, but when they say why riot instead of peacefully protesting, it's just something to say. They don't want any of it. They won't things to operate as is. Yeah you have an unfair hand shut up and play so you can lose. You played the game so it was fair even if your cards sucked. Then you have the guys that say well my dad did this....And that's fine and he deserved much respect that he overcame but he still didn't face the obstacles mine did. I grew up in a small rural part of Alabama things may have supposed to be changing but my mom grew up and had to go to segregated school....that's ONE freaking generation...you think that was the same education? Who knows my mom's foundation had been different maybe she's a doctor now instead of a nurse? Maybe not? Who's to say? The people who received the best education?

Lastly my favorite is well so and so did it why not you? It can be done....that's like saying why don't we all hit the lottery? We all play. Why aren't you a millionaire? Or I remember when they first asked me to be a tiger crush and I met a guy that turned out to be my best friend to warm up we would go around in circle and dunk on all four goals in the colosseum 3 times. Every week day. There were other guys who couldn't dunk at all. Some couldn't touch the rim. The hey man why not I did it don't apply. Maybe they were too short, but there are short people that can dunk....maybe they were out of shape...Cadillac couldn't dunk though, I'm sure he was in great shape, maybe everybody isn't equipped to fight through adversity that they shouldn't be going through in the first place

I thought you were referring to me not the media. I have no issue with the protest and how it was done. My issue was in some of the demands.

People can overcome a poor education background in college. I dicked around in HS and did much much better at Auburn.

Like I said the Butler guy hasn't really given us much information on why he wants those demands. I mean do we give a marginalized student a break for retention rates in the Fall cause he did like a ton of Auburn freshmen and partied up football season? Tell us what is wrong with the retention rates in this population at Missouri and why and how it needs to be changed. Don't just demand fix the retention rates.

Seems like a mess.

Fingers crossed.

You talking about someone driving by and yelling N.....? Unfortunately it happens in the south. You do know that Missouri players told the AU section in Atlanta to STFU N.... when they scored.

Drunk guy walking away and said N....? He was identified, removed from campus, and sent to the board. Most likely isn't a student anymore.

The Swastiska in a feces? You don't think there is a male bathroom on AU's campus right now that doesn't have something racist written on the stalls?

Video:

Sure they do, they blame white media for not understanding they now need there space. Nevermind that space is on public land that is funded by tax payers. I also saw that blonde woman makes 67k as director of Greek life. I wanna direct sororities for 70k a year.

https://twitter.com/sdkstl/status/663876867586437120/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Staying in school, out of jail & not having a child out of wedlock is hardly " winning the lottery ".

Staying off drugs & doing right is hardly = to becoming a millionaire.

Just staying off the public dole shouldn't be viewed as some lightning strike of luck.

Someone posted this which, at first seemed like a stretch. But the more stuff like this happens, the more it seems plausible:

"The next Robespierre is currently 17 years old and trying to decide between Harvard and Yale."

Archived