24 Black Missouri Football Players Will Boycott Football Activities

cptau

So no, you weren't there. And you're assuming it actually occurred. No evidence of it, is there ? Oh, sure, it "MAY" have happened, but the student President lied about the KKK, so why not lie about this as well ?

I never claimed to have been there, so that's a red herring.

No one said you claimed to been there. I asked WERE you, because of your belief that it was true. How do you know ?

I was making the point that control is not a prerequisite for racism, not testifying as to what actually happen. There are plenty of others - to whom it happened to - who have already testified to that.

Well, we'll agree on the prerequisite for racism, but that's not the point here. Claims were made of 2 incidents, one OFF campus, which may or may have not happened.

Some claimed Michael Brown had his hands up, but then recanted, once the evidence came out which contradicted their " memory " of such events. But say they DID happen. .. so what ? How does all the fuss and 2 people losing their jobs justify that as any sort of a response ? Did the racist punks who used those words lose THEIR jobs ? Who where they ? Names ? Never heard any of that.

But like I said, you are free to believe they were all lying. :-\

Student President lied, didn't he ? At the very least, he spread false rumors, and paid no retributions for his actions. He did nothing, and keeps HIS job. The U President didn't do anything, and had to resign.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no, you weren't there. And you're assuming it actually occurred. No evidence of it, is there ? Oh, sure, it "MAY" have happened, but the student President lied about the KKK, so why not lie about this as well ?

I never claimed to have been there, so that's a red herring.

No one said you claimed to been there. I asked WERE you, because of your belief that it was true. How do you know ?

Never said that either.

You seem to have a problem with interpreting written discourse.

Never said that either.

Now you're just trolling. You didn't have to SAY that specifically to convey that was in fact what you thought to be true. You said it happened, I asked HOW DO YOU KNOW - WERE YOU THERE ?

You're only confusing yourself now.

Never said that either.

Now you're just trolling. You didn't have to SAY that specifically to convey that was in fact what you thought to be true. You said it happened, I asked HOW DO YOU KNOW - WERE YOU THERE ?

You're only confusing yourself now.

Quote me.

Quote me.

" Yeah, that's it. I am just not smart enough to recognize that somebody hollering out n****r! to a random black person walking down the street has nothing to do with racism - it's merely disrespect. "

Consider yourself quoted.

In a thread about the events at Mizzou, and the specific claims of someone hollering out 'n****r ', to random black persons, that is the central issue of this WHOLE DAMN FIASCO.

We don't even know if it happened or not, and even if it did, as heinous and vile a thing to say, it doesn't warrant ALL THIS !

Homer- did you hear it ? Were you there ?

My point is that such an act is racist, regardless of who has power or control.

So, all this rage and animosity rests not on the school, not on " white privilege ", but on Obama and the Democrats. That is the only thing we know for certain DID happen.

Somehow, I knew this would arrive at Obama. It always does. :laugh:

Well, he did force the ACA on us didn't he?

Quote me.

" Yeah, that's it. I am just not smart enough to recognize that somebody hollering out n****r! to a random black person walking down the street has nothing to do with racism - it's merely disrespect. "

Consider yourself quoted.

In a thread about the events at Mizzou, and the specific claims of someone hollering out 'n****r ', to random black persons, that is the central issue of this WHOLE DAMN FIASCO.

We don't even know if it happened or not, and even if it did, as heinous and vile a thing to say, it doesn't warrant ALL THIS !

Still not seeing the part where I claimed I knew that's what happened.

But you are leaving out the post I quoted and was actually responding to. It questioned whether or not "control' was required in order for the act of calling someone a n****r to be racist.

Perhaps you should re-read that to fully understand my post.

(And what a pathetic line of argument to pursue. :-\ Figures though.)

So, all this rage and animosity rests not on the school, not on " white privilege ", but on Obama and the Democrats. That is the only thing we know for certain DID happen.

Not me. I welcomed it.

But how is the ACA relevant again?

Quote me.

So, are you a black person who is personally invested in a university and this happened to you?

Somehow, I knew this would arrive at Obama. It always does. :laugh:/>

Not me. I welcomed it.

A little research goes a long way........

Not me. I welcomed it.

If you don't know how the ACA is relevant to the Mizzou situation maybe you should review the original issues of the grad students. You welcomed ACA? You either work for a large self insured corporation or you must get all of the subsidies. Most hard working people with independent health insurance can't afford it.

Not me. I welcomed it.

The only people that *welcomed* obamacare are the minority that receive subsidized health insurance...

Not me. I welcomed it.

Clearly sums up the lack of understanding about the very topic he's been talking about for the past 16 pages here.

I've already stated the relevance of the ACA and the grad student in this very thread, at LEAST twice, but homer still is oblivious. He dismisses , out of hand, any and all comments he regards as being anti-Obama as being not worthy of even discussing, even when such comments are primary to the issue.

@ homer - you're going to stop being such a knee-jerk reactionary devotee of Obama and Leftist causes, on ALL fronts, and actually pay attention sometimes.

Not me. I welcomed it.

The only people that *welcomed* obamacare are the minority that receive subsidized health insurance...

Those that had preexisting conditions. Those that needed coverage for mental health. Those that were in trouble of medical bankruptcy due to illness to themselves or child. Those that were trapped flying blind due to age and gaps in coverage transitioning from college to the real world....

But then if you need subsidized health insurance then you don't have the income, or social status for life to matter as an American. Unless of course you are harmed by a Syrian refugee... then you were the most important American in the entire country lol.

Were several things in it people were looking forward to besides the subsidies. It failed to address many issues also. I voted for several Republicans in the last major rounds of elections in this state in hopes of those issues being addressed. They haven't done jack.

Reform is needed, but nobody with the power is talking about it yet. Left or right.

As for whether or not it actually happened as many report, you are free to believe it never happened since you weren't there. :-\

Burden of proof lies upon those making the claim FOR something, not for me to prove it didn't.

One thing we DO know happened, is the grad student's healthcare was cancelled ( If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor ) because of the ACA. THAT much is one thing all can agree on, right ?

It was also reinstated in August. That was months ago.

Facing a planned graduate student worker walkout over its decision to drop health insurance subsidies for teaching and research assistants, the University of Missouri at Columbia on Friday announced it will reinstate the subsidies indefinitely. Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin and other senior administrators said in a statement that the university consulted external experts and peer institutions in trying to “navigate a complex health insurance regulatory environment,” and ultimately decided to “defer implementation” of its plan. “As a result, the university will pay for health insurance for eligible graduate students,” they said.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2015/08/24/mizzou-suspends-plan-end-grad-student-insurance

But it was one of the original demands by the Jonathan Butler, the grad student who went on the hunger strike !

In a letter to the Board of Curators, Butler accuses Wolfe of failing to respond to student concerns, which include the use of racial slurs on campus and the removal of graduate student health insurance subsidies.

Butler, a master's student in educational leadership and policy analysis, is protesting "a slew of racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., incidents that have dynamically disrupted the learning experience" at MU. His letter referenced incidents of black students being called racist slurs, the sudden removal of graduate student health insurance subsidies in August, MU's cancellation of Planned Parenthood contracts and the swastika drawn with human feces found in an MU residence hall on Oct. 24.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/higher_education/update-mu-student-embarks-on-hunger-strike-demands-wolfe-s/article_35ab864a-8186-11e5-902b-6f136a45260b.html

But it was one of the original demands by the Jonathan Butler, the grad student who went on the hunger strike !

In a letter to the Board of Curators, Butler accuses Wolfe of failing to respond to student concerns, which include the use of racial slurs on campus and the removal of graduate student health insurance subsidies.

Butler, a master's student in educational leadership and policy analysis, is protesting "a slew of racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., incidents that have dynamically disrupted the learning experience" at MU. His letter referenced incidents of black students being called racist slurs, the sudden removal of graduate student health insurance subsidies in August, MU's cancellation of Planned Parenthood contracts and the swastika drawn with human feces found in an MU residence hall on Oct. 24.

http://www.columbiam...136a45260b.html

Pointing out that it was addressed and reinstated months prior to the hunger strike. Butler is full of BS far as I am concerned.

He was also ticked about Planned Parenthood, so shouldn't those involved with that get as much blame as the ACA? Maybe he was more pissed about that than the ACA? Again, I think Butler and student1950 are full of it on all accounts.

Agreed. But for homer to ask the question as to what any of this has to do w/ the ACA, and Obama, is what I was addressing.

This wasn't about racism. It was about pushing a POLITICAL AGENDA , under the guise of fighting racism.

And this game has been going on for a while now.

Not me. I welcomed it.

Well, there are those of us who retired early and couldn't find insurance after our COBRA ran out.

Not me. I welcomed it.

Clearly sums up the lack of understanding about the very topic he's been talking about for the past 16 pages here.

I've already stated the relevance of the ACA and the grad student in this very thread, at LEAST twice, but homer still is oblivious. He dismisses , out of hand, any and all comments he regards as being anti-Obama as being not worthy of even discussing, even when such comments are primary to the issue.

@ homer - you're going to stop being such a knee-jerk reactionary devotee of Obama and Leftist causes, on ALL fronts, and actually pay attention sometimes.

I am not a devotee of Obama. I just feel obligated to respond to idiotic posts in general. It just happens that so many of those posts are made by people obsessing on Obama.

http://www.columbiam...136a45260b.html

That's your evidence that the Missouri protests are really about the ACA? :laugh:

There's a reason why Obama gets so much criticism .

This would be one. His actions have consequences beyond the glib talking points & the political spin / propaganda.

Archived