Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

With the new designs, anyone know how many seats it would add in the north endzone area? Designs look good.

I was told that it would add about 90 seats to the total.

90...? Pretty sure they haven't gotten the exact number. I wish that it would put us right over 90k, but it may not quite reach it.

As I also said earlier, I hope that the South Endzone gets a brick façade as well.

Those boxes and everything else will take up a lot of space. There isn't really a need for any additional seats. They had extra seats available for each game this year. If and when Auburn starts winning 10 or more games consistently, then we can talk about more seats.

Every game I went to this uear, it was a packed house. It also doesn't matter if the seats are full or not, it matters if they sell them or not. Which they sold all their tickets this year and last year's if I'm not mistaken.

I get a text message from AU on Friday before each game if tickets are available. I got one every week this season. I don't know what the deal was. All I know is they had tickets available. Even if we're selling out right now, that's not necessarily a good enough reason to expand. Lots more things are needed to be done before that.

Agree...I'm sticking with my prediction that ticket prices will be used to ration seating and that we will never need more seats...well not in the lifetime of most folks on here. As demand for tickets goes up...prices will go up to control demand.

The stadium fits nicely in the AUburn campus, the game day experience, parking, etc. is right for the 87K and AU will be on TV just about every week anyway getting revenue from that source. So just keep the game day experience among the best and leave the total seating alone.

Parking is tough now even with what they added to what was there. I think the expense is already causing the rationing of tickets. I won't be buying season tickets. I may go to one or two games most years but that's it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably overly nitpicking here but don't these two renderings look a little different?

11227867_10204360977178265_5773621996391021072_n.jpg?oh=0de9e735aad4d7795eb08978b7652f52&oe=571C7549

CWY_vAFUYAA09NC.jpg

the bottom picture is the day after the iron bowl ... yet another "kick 6" type of Auburn win ... the bushes were simply stampeded by the rushing Auburn faithful ...

With the new designs, anyone know how many seats it would add in the north endzone area? Designs look good.

I was told that it would add about 90 seats to the total.

90...? Pretty sure they haven't gotten the exact number. I wish that it would put us right over 90k, but it may not quite reach it.

As I also said earlier, I hope that the South Endzone gets a brick façade as well.

Those boxes and everything else will take up a lot of space. There isn't really a need for any additional seats. They had extra seats available for each game this year. If and when Auburn starts winning 10 or more games consistently, then we can talk about more seats.

Every game I went to this uear, it was a packed house. It also doesn't matter if the seats are full or not, it matters if they sell them or not. Which they sold all their tickets this year and last year's if I'm not mistaken.

I get a text message from AU on Friday before each game if tickets are available. I got one every week this season. I don't know what the deal was. All I know is they had tickets available. Even if we're selling out right now, that's not necessarily a good enough reason to expand. Lots more things are needed to be done before that.

Agree...I'm sticking with my prediction that ticket prices will be used to ration seating and that we will never need more seats...well not in the lifetime of most folks on here. As demand for tickets goes up...prices will go up to control demand.

The stadium fits nicely in the AUburn campus, the game day experience, parking, etc. is right for the 87K and AU will be on TV just about every week anyway getting revenue from that source. So just keep the game day experience among the best and leave the total seating alone.

Parking is tough now even with what they added to what was there. I think the expense is already causing the rationing of tickets. I won't be buying season tickets. I may go to one or two games most years but that's it.

That's being done everywhere I think. UNC-CH basketball tickets for example...son in law has season tickets but they are $60 per game so he has to sell most of them to be able to afford to go to the games....but is not going to let his "rights'" since they just get more valuable.

But you are right...this process sure changes the make-up of the crowds...

I get a text message from AU on Friday before each game if tickets are available. I got one every week this season. I don't know what the deal was.

Those are primarily tickets that are reserved for players families, program use, etc, that don't get used each week. Those are not tickets that were available for purchase to the general public.

I get the same email and purchased tix through AU on the Friday night before the Miss State game. If that's where the families sit someone should be fired. We were 6 rows from the top on the AU sideline- bout as crappy a view of the new scoreboard as you can get. I'm talking major nosebleed section. :)

When is Haley Center being torn down again? The South end zone will have a better view when that happens. Or maybe the other monstrously big scoreboard they're planning to build will block it out...

When is Haley Center being torn down again? The South end zone will have a better view when that happens. Or maybe the other monstrously big scoreboard they're planning to build will block it out...

A large scoreboard wouldn't be a terrible thing to cover up the view.

I want a larger scoreboard

^^^^this.

We should lift the new scorebord, place the newer larger one underneath it, the place the now older scoreboard on top. We should leave it off most of the time and use it as an emergency backup in case anything happens to the newer more awesome scoreboard. I don't want to see a profit in the AD ever.

I want a larger scoreboard

^^^^this.

We should lift the new scorebord, place the newer larger one underneath it, the place the now older scoreboard on top. We should leave it off most of the time and use it as an emergency backup in case anything happens to the newer more awesome scoreboard. I don't want to see a profit in the AD ever.

Can we have reclining leather chairs instead of bleachers?

First of all, turdland doesn't fill up for West Texas State Community College for the deaf and blind. Saban has been noted on many occasions to have referenced such in his press conferences (pointing out students but they weren't the only ones). TV is one of, if not the biggest driver for decreasing butts in the seats. Secondly, turdland is a HUGE benefactor of Drummond Coal. As the coal industry decreases so too will the $$$ coming in but it will be a long time before it has any effect. Like you said their fan base spends a lot of money on turdland gear....plus you have the SEC Network money and post season money coming in.

Wait...a coal company is their biggest benefactor???

Jeez another reason to hate them!

There's nothing like being in a random city and spotting the tourist by them being decked out in head to toe their newest gear.... crimson turd hat, crimson turd shirt and hoody/pullover and light jacket, crimson turd sweat pants, and alabama logo shoes.

And there's like three to four off them.

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

PTB would not trust any AD to run around spending capital money that the school does not have. The BOT has the sign-off authority on anything of this sort. No point IMO in using this to take cheap shots at JJ. He has bosses ....as does just about everyone.

JMO but there are probably more items on the "wish list" than there is money in the budget. It's not a bad idea to get a reading from the fans on which possible changes are most desired.

The approach of presenting a variety of improvements to the "customers" is pretty normal whether you are expanding a stadium or a church or your kitchen. You get some ideas, see what they will cost and then decide how much money can be spent. ...kinda like watching one of those home renovation shows on TV.

PTB would not trust any AD to run around spending capital money that the school does not have. The BOT has the sign-off authority on anything of this sort. No point IMO in using this to take cheap shots at JJ. He has bosses ....as does just about everyone.

JMO but there are probably more items on the "wish list" than there is money in the budget. It's not a bad idea to get a reading from the fans on which possible changes are most desired.

The approach of presenting a variety of improvements to the "customers" is pretty normal whether you are expanding a stadium or a church or your kitchen. You get some ideas, see what they will cost and then decide how much money can be spent. ...kinda like watching one of those home renovation shows on TV.

Is construction seriously "supposed" to start after the '16 season? So in less than 12 months construction will commence but we are still in the "wish list" stages surveying the fanbase to see what the fans want? At this point we don't know what fans really want, what it will cost, and have only a rough idea of the cost to complete the project. Yet brick, steel, and mortar will be flowing in less than a year.

The timing of this survey feels like a diversion tactic to me.

Is construction seriously "supposed" to start after the '16 season? So in less than 12 months construction will commence but we are still in the "wish list" stages surveying the fanbase to see what the fans want? At this point we don't know what fans really want, what it will cost, and have only a rough idea of the cost to complete the project. Yet brick, steel, and mortar will be flowing in less than a year.

These are just rendering and concepts....but I think the "wish list" is already established. From a practical standpoint, I think the process has to start with a selection of possibilities...which I expect was developed by PTB, BOT AD, maybe some focus groups....but it's obvious to me that some thought and work has already gone into the process.

Now it seems it's a matter of selecting from the possibilities....like was done for the Toomer's Corner project. Once done,,,,and that should not take too long....the "winners" will be turned into drawings and specifications and then go through the bidding process....takes a bit of time to do that but in my experience, the time frame looks very reasonable to start work a year from now.

This isn't an expansion of seating capacity. It is taking the endzone seats that normally are the lowest price and replacing them with boxes and other premium seating that brings in more revenue. There is a demand for this type of seating so it makes financial sense.

We are far past the wish list stage. The 3-tier endzone was mentioned several months back.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/06/auburn_back_to_drawing_board_o.html

Plans for this have been going on for a very long time. I expect to see everything in the renderings to come to be.

Naw. Jay sending out a survey, IMVHO, means he is already set on doing it and now he's reaching out to make it seem like he cares what TUF people think.

At some point, both endzones needs to be closed in. Even with the big scoreboard, there's still enough room build on close the open spaces on each side of the scoreboard.

You don't release this kind of info if the project is unlikely to move forward. The project has been in the works for some time - it's going to happen - even if tweaks are made to the design.

Side note, for all his faults, and there are many, fundraising has never been one.

My prediction: Shovels in the ground by this time next year.

So does the South end zone get bricked up to match this new north end zone? Or is a renovation of the south end zone in the long term plan before outside cosmetic work is done there?

So does the South end zone get bricked up to match this new north end zone? Or is a renovation of the south end zone in the long term plan before outside cosmetic work is done there?

This is what I am curious about too. And are those clothed images on the backside of the video board permanent?

At some point, both endzones needs to be closed in. Even with the big scoreboard, there's still enough room build on close the open spaces on each side of the scoreboard.

I have thought of this too. Additional club-level seating areas. Not too large.

As many of you have already been notified by the university, a survey for potential renovations to the stadium will be sent out this week. This is something I've been seeking out for several years, so it is good to see something come to fruition. The survey will be originally distributed to 5 groups of season ticket holders, which the feedback would be analyzed then. Afterwards, the next step will be considered. Renovations will begin on the stadium after the 2016 football season, so we at least have that to look forward to.

The most exciting thing about this to me is that this will draw more attention from recruits. The nicer the facilities, the more attention you get. Renderings will be attached to the survey that will be sent out later on this week. Looking forward to seeing what Auburn has planned for Jordan-Hare Stadium!

CWY_u_-UsAA066o.jpg

CWY_vAFUYAA09NC.jpg

CWY_vAEVAAA0OqK.jpg

CWY_vAEU8AAGkI2.jpg

Auburn is seeking feedback to its plans for a major renovation of the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium, which would include an expanded concourse and walkways, club seating, additional concessions, new locker rooms, video board, recruiting lounge and other amenities.

If approved, the renovation would start following the 2016 season and be open for the start of the 2018 football season, a source with knowledge of the plans told AL.com.

The renderings released by Auburn, which are reworked plans after Jacobs was not pleased with initial design concepts for the potential project, show a mostly brick exterior to a multi-leveled concourse wrapping around the North end zone and connecting the East and West sides of the stadium.

The interior views show a multi-leveled seating plan including suites and club seating similar to those of Mississippi State's expansion of Davis Wade Stadium, which opened in the fall of 2014 with multiple levels, loge and field-level seating.

A new video board above the expansion appears comparable in size to the new $13.9 million video board Auburn built in the South end zone this past year.

The total cost of the project, which had initial estimates were $145 million, is unclear, as is how it would be funded. Auburn spent $100,000 in the planning and design phases of the renovation project, according to documents obtained by AL.com.

Auburn's Board of Trustees, which would have to approve any renovation plans, discussed a $4.5 million construction project to repair the storm drain and sewer line in the North end zone last month, according to documents obtained by AL.com. That project, which is being funded by bonds, would begin in January and continue through August of next year, according to documents.

In May, Jacobs told AL.com the North end zone renovation would be funded through debt service and he believed Auburn's ticket sales and new premium seating would support funding.

"We're basing it totally on ticket revenue," Jacobs said in May. "We're not even taking into consideration any philanthropic giving."

ia the school's website, Jacobs stressed the project is still in the preliminary stages and the athletics department will only seek approval by the Board of Trustees if there is significant interest in the plans.

"Nothing has been approved and nothing is final," Jacobs said in a release. "We are sharing the renderings with donors so they can see the vision of what the North end zone could be."

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

12345607_10204360976778255_1750506538230813858_n.jpg?oh=79bd9e87230fbe1c85a33ab1ce82aed3&oe=570EC9F8

11227867_10204360977178265_5773621996391021072_n.jpg?oh=0de9e735aad4d7795eb08978b7652f52&oe=571C7549

12341487_10204360977538274_7224526150345077139_n.jpg?oh=e85582178a350c0f626fa872b307f225&oe=571265A8

12360185_10204360976738254_9189739178683602963_n.jpg?oh=bdfb8796b461cb3a825f03b3dde1117a&oe=571B6B83

11179969_10204360977138264_2696666405445561841_n.jpg?oh=235180e7cdd6609b0a4f0b2e37535e06&oe=572062E5

12342396_10204360977218266_5014996816093207715_n.jpg?oh=abedbf928b440ea4e0b949aa41b52364&oe=56DC60BD

Amenities.0.jpeg

looks sexy. Me likey

Extremely important question....If the players locker room is moved to the other end of the stadium....what happens to Tiger Walk?? There is just not the same type of access on the North end to accommodate such an activity is there?

Archived