2015 Freshmen,Who is your pick?

kd4au

I will go ahead and make my XCWM predictions for my "mark my word for 2016" a little early.

XCWM will go 4-8 in 2016...5-7 in 2017...5-7 in 2018...and will become the DC for Kansas State in 2019 after he gets fired in Columbia. No sour grapes folks...just the plain facts and nothing more or less!

The rest of his staff will be scattered across the coaching horizon for all 48 states.

LOL

Are you really going to audition for the a4e position?

what do I need to do achieve this lofty position on the site? You know, this board would not be what it is without A4E. I am often amused with some of the stuff he comes up with. I honestly think he is a bammer with too much time on his hands.

You may now officially disabuse yourself of that thought. Whatever else he may be, he is not a bammer.

He's just a freshman and I'm sure he'll be good but cc made around 5 good plays...to be honest I don't see why he played any ahead of pettway unless he's a better passing threat I guess. Like I said I'm sure he'll be good, he's definitely better than he started and on the way up, but his season wasn't awesome

Assuming you meant receiving threat, I think that's exactly it. He had one really sexy block in the bowl game and now he's Prosch 2.0. I'm like you. He'll probably be good- maybe very good- but he was not a meaningful contributor this year.

As for true freshmen, I can't think of a pair like Davis and Johnson in awhile. Dyer was really good on a really good offense. Lawson became really good on a really bad defense. Davis and KJ were bright spots early and were 2 of our best players down the stretch regardless of class.

Carlton Davis without question. He's already our best cornerback since Carlos Rogers. Kerryon Johnson provided boosts off the bench, but he was not even a starter. Davis started the majority of the year and changed the entire backend of our defense with his ability to lockdown one side of the field. The future is bright for our secondary!

He's just a freshman and I'm sure he'll be good but cc made around 5 good plays...to be honest I don't see why he played any ahead of pettway unless he's a better passing threat I guess. Like I said I'm sure he'll be good, he's definitely better than he started and on the way up, but his season wasn't awesome

the missed blocks stand out more for me than the plays he made. That said I agree both are very talented. I would like to see pettway get more touches in the passing game. He'll maybe linebacker, I kid but he is too physical not to be on the field.

Kerryon Johnson provided boosts off the bench, but he was not even a starter.

I tend to focus on touches and productions more than meaningless depth chart assignations. Kerryon Johnson was as important to what little offensive success we had as any other running back or wide receiver on the team.

Are we talking redshirt as well? Because if we are because if we are Russell deserves ALOT more credit or at least mention that he gets. I'd say he was our most important freshman

Yes redshirt freshmen is ok and yes Russell did play really well for redshirt fresh.IMO he was one of impact players from the freshmen class.

I think Pettway was injured during the year and that had a lot to do with Cox having more PT.IMO Pettway is the better blocker but Cox did have a good block in the bowl game.I like the competition there are both good.

Man,I forgot all about Sean White being a redshirt fresh.He played really well at what has to be the toughest postion on the team.

Are we talking redshirt as well? Because if we are because if we are Russell deserves ALOT more credit or at least mention that he gets. I'd say he was our most important freshman

Yes redshirt freshmen is ok and yes Russell did play really well for redshirt fresh.IMO he was one of impact players from the freshmen class.

he played well very early too. Swain came on later. with #94 and if #1 stays we are looking good at DT for one more year.

I will go ahead and make my XCWM predictions for my "mark my word for 2016" a little early.

XCWM will go 4-8 in 2016...5-7 in 2017...5-7 in 2018...and will become the DC for Kansas State in 2019 after he gets fired in Columbia. No sour grapes folks...just the plain facts and nothing more or less!

The rest of his staff will be scattered across the coaching horizon for all 48 states.

LOL

what do I need to do achieve this lofty position on the site? You know, this board would not be what it is without A4E. I am often amused with some of the stuff he comes up with. I honestly think he is a bammer with too much time on his hands.

You may now officially disabuse yourself of that thought. Whatever else he may be, he is not a bammer.

Definitely not a bammer. Doc, I was just poking fun at you because you'd mentioned wanting to take over for a4e in another thread (maybe the S&C coach thread), then you posted this about XCWM in the 'best of the freshmen' thread. It was too good to pass up.

I don't know what the hell I was talking about...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cox is shaping up to be Prosch 2.0. If he turns into the weight room beast that Prosch was the running lanes will be even bigger next year. I vote CC and Davis. Watch the highlights from the bowl game and you will hear them mention the block CC made to free Jason Smith on the screen for a touchdown.

Great block for sure, but Pettway was way more consistent blocking and a play or two prior to that Pettway had a decleater block on a DB on a run play to the left side.

LOL

I trust your word about A4E and stand corrected! I like the guy and this site would not be the same without him. A4E is one of a kind and could never be replaced even with the Doc!

LOL

I trust your word about A4E and stand corrected! I like the guy and this site would not be the same without him. A4E is one of a kind and could never be replaced even with the Doc!

Indeed -- you're both unique.

Archived