Jordan Colbert is Transferring

aujeff11

I really had high hopes for Jordan. I expected him to compete at a big Safety or LB next year. I wish him the best of luck at Holmes and wherever he goes after that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question, transfers due to possible grade issues aside, do programs, thinking UA's "process" here, cut those who don't perform according to projection loose in order to be able to recruit potentially skilled incomers in the same position...or is that just mythical?

Not everyone that leaves is "encouraged to look elsewhere", but sometimes it's made plain that their future at the current school isn't exactly bright. So they move on. Other kids think they will get more playing time somewhere else and leave in spite of the coaches wanting them to stay.

As noted above, normal attrition is 7 to 11 per year. Last year was a big one with 15 leaving.

I'm disappointed as Colbert was thought to have a lot of potential at both LB and safety.

any bets for USCe

Colbert may be restricted from transferring to a SEC school.

Sucks for Colbert though. I remember he drove three hours just to commit to Auburn. He loved Auburn.

Would he already have had a chance to meet with the new coaches and come to the conclusion that he will not get playing time? Or is something else going on here (e.g., grades)?

any bets for USCe

Colbert may be restricted from transferring to a SEC school.

Sucks for Colbert though. I remember he drove three hours just to commit to Auburn. He loved Auburn.

Which really has me scratching my head on this one..

Hasn't been with the team in awhile.

This plus going to a JC.....seems like he might not have fit in well and a new start is in order. That happens a lot in college football....it's a tough gig for a young guy once the glamour is off the recruitment and stuff.

Hoping it goes well for him....folks seem to have a lot of respect for his potential and hope he hits at a place where he is happy.

Good luck to him. Hope he plays well at Holmes (right down the road from me in Jackson).

It doesn't have a real impact on the team. He wasn't in line to play next year. From what I understand, he was behind Holland, Williams, and Atkinson in his own class at LB, and he was cracking a suddenly deep Safety rotation with Ruffin and Roberts emerging. Good luck, Jordan!

What is the criteria to becoming a "Mod" ? I think the Doc would make an excellent Moderator indeed! If not me, what about making A4E one as well?

What does it take? You simply pay RIR and Titan a huge sum of ca$h. At least I did.....Hey, wait a minute.......

What is the criteria to becoming a "Mod" ? I think the Doc would make an excellent Moderator indeed! If not me, what about making A4E one as well?

What does it take? You simply pay RIR and Titan a huge sum of ca$h. At least I did.....Hey, wait a minute.......

So the PBR stash I've been amassing is of no use.

Might as well drink it.

Cheers

Might as well drink it.

Cheers

You're thinking of Golf.

Might as well drink it.

Cheers

You're thinking of Golf.

Well

it's gone now anyway, so

never mind

It opens up another scholly.

No it doesn't.

It doesn't open up a scholly for the new signing class. It does open up one of the 85 schollys. It can be offered to a current walk on.

Might as well drink it.

Cheers

You're thinking of Golf.

Works for me keep amassing them loosa I'll be up in a week or so. We'll talk then about being a mod....................plus cash would be a big influence.

Saw on AUC where his mom said he simply wanted a place with immediate playing time and there were no hard feelings between him and his family with AU.

Saw on AUC where his mom said he simply wanted a place with immediate playing time and there were no hard feelings between him and his family with AU.

And yet some here will not believe his own Mother. They had rather go with their info obtained from their "inside connections"....What nonsense .......

immediate playing time is earned not given

immediate playing time is earned not given

its easier to earn at JUCO.

Archived