Men vs. Kentucky - Game Thread

WarTiger

We have a few posters that just don't like Bowers. He scores, rebounds and has to play D against players who are usually 3 to 6 inches taller every game. Yes he has missed some shots inside this year that he should have made. I think because of his height he is to worried about having his shot blocked, he needs to just go ahead and shoot normally and don't worry if he gets a shot blocked every now and then. If he does that he will be better inside and also pick up some fouls. We are a much better team for having him then not having him.

I have been a fan of his since he arrived last year.

We also have some posters who have been negative towards Harris despite the fact he has been our best all round player this year. Canty is most valuable because of his scoring but Harris scores inside, Mid range and a 3 every now and then. Is our best rebounder and plays tough D inside. Go back and review some of the comments some of our posters have made about Harris. Some of our posters have a low Basketball IQ

I have been on Harris lately, but he was the runner up MVP today. His step back 17 footer with less than a minute left was gorgeous. He rebounded and defended like he did at the beginning of the season.

Today Spencer stayed out of foul trouble that took some of the load off of Harris allowing him to play so well. Some times when people get on Bowers or Harris it is because they are working to hard and trying to do to much to make up for the fact that we have no real big men and no depth when Spencer is out.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those saying rushing the court was not good: I stormed the court.... And it was fantastic. So it was good

Generally I'm OK with storming a court after something momentous.....which this might have been....my earlier comment was defending UK for getting players out of the way. As for the event....saw that it could cost us somewhere between $50K and 100K since the SEC has gotten determined to stop the practice.

JJ said he was happy to pay the fine....I expect that was said in the excitement of the moment....when it comes time to sign that check and send it off to the NCAA he might have a different feeling.

Those saying rushing the court was not good: I stormed the court.... And it was fantastic. So it was good

Generally I'm OK with storming a court after something momentous.....which this might have been....my earlier comment was defending UK for getting players out of the way. As for the event....saw that it could cost us somewhere between $50K and 100K since the SEC has gotten determined to stop the practice.

JJ said he was happy to pay the fine....I expect that was said in the excitement of the moment....when it comes time to sign that check and send it off to the NCAA he might have a different feeling.

Normally I am against fans rushing the court. But this was a special win by a scrappy never say die team that has not given up despite all the injuries while also breaking two long losing streaks one against top ranked teams and another against Kentucky. Because of that I approve this time.

We have a few posters that just don't like Bowers. He scores, rebounds and has to play D against players who are usually 3 to 6 inches taller every game. Yes he has missed some shots inside this year that he should have made. I think because of his height he is to worried about having his shot blocked, he needs to just go ahead and shoot normally and don't worry if he gets a shot blocked every now and then. If he does that he will be better inside and also pick up some fouls. We are a much better team for having him then not having him.

I have been a fan of his since he arrived last year.

We also have some posters who have been negative towards Harris despite the fact he has been our best all round player this year. Canty is most valuable because of his scoring but Harris scores inside, Mid range and a 3 every now and then. Is our best rebounder and plays tough D inside. Go back and review some of the comments some of our posters have made about Harris. Some of our posters have a low Basketball IQ

Cinmeon Bowers is my spirit animal

$50K for first offense, $100K for second, $250K for third.

FINAL. Auburn defeats kentucky 75-70 and our fans act like total idiots and come on the floor where they don't belong. I hate that. Fans belong in the stands not on the floor.

I'm with Jay Jacobs on this one. Happy to see AU pay the fine. Sometimes, rushing the court is exactly the right thing to do.

Here's an idea....ENJOY THE WIN :dunno:

This is the same team I expected 3 days ago would likely get 3 or 4 SEC wins. Somehow that same team just beat FREAKING KENTUCKY! I'm not expect anything after this game. Just gonna enjoy that we actually pulled it off. WDE!

Granted this isn't your normal UK team but this Auburn team just played a very good game and came away with a hufe win. Despite all the injury trouble and everything else they still came up with this effort. That's the kind of thing you can build on.

Granted this isn't your normal UK team but this Auburn team just played a very good game and came away with a hufe win. Despite all the injury trouble and everything else they still came up with this effort. That's the kind of thing you can build on.

Even this Kentucky team will likely wind up in the NCAA tournament. But you are right, given the adversity this Auburn basketball is having to face, this is a very good win.

$50K for first offense, $100K for second, $250K for third.

OK...I read that this is classified as our second...the bama game being the first. ....not pocket change.

PS...the ability to finish the game was impressive....had chances to let it get away......and didn't.

Since the talk about rushing the court isn't going to die down, where does the fine money go? Just to the SEC coffers or do they donate it to charity like the NFL does (or did at one point, not sure if that's changed). Maybe some kid gets a life saving operation because AU beat UK? Or a 100 families are fed for a year?

Great to be an AUBURN TIGER !!!!!!!!!!

War Damn to that!!! Watched it at a local bar in Panama City Beach and even a few turds were cheering. lol

Team did a nice job hanging in the first half. Second half appears to be going the way the game was expected to. Just not good/deep enough yet. Better play today. Not many SEC wins ahead so hopefully we can take this performance and beat UAT midweek. War eagle.

You really are an idiot, you know that? Post less.

Too funny

Since the talk about rushing the court isn't going to die down, where does the fine money go? Just to the SEC coffers or do they donate it to charity like the NFL does (or did at one point, not sure if that's changed). Maybe some kid gets a life saving operation because AU beat UK? Or a 100 families are fed for a year?

I think it's part of Emmert's bonus plan....that's what I heard anyway. :dunno:

Team did a nice job hanging in the first half. Second half appears to be going the way the game was expected to. Just not good/deep enough yet. Better play today. Not many SEC wins ahead so hopefully we can take this performance and beat UAT midweek. War eagle.

You really are an idiot, you know that? Post less.

Too funny

Lol

Anytimme you beat UK, it's freaking huge. Congrats and to all the players and coach Pearl and his staff.

And they did it without Coach Rocker!

Kidding. Loved the win!

Archived