Men vs. Kentucky - Game Thread

WarTiger

Big amen to both of you, not a time to get hot with those who disagree with your viewpoint, it is a time for celebrating the defeat of the mean old blue giant. WDE and IGTBAAT! Coach Pearl, the Rifleman and their merry Tigers. Dangit what a game. :bananadance:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad the referees let them play for the most part. One of the best flows of a game this year with all of the changes.

I would have been there on the floor with them. It's a huge game and huge win. And the act like we've been there crowd.... We haven't been. I do have one issue. The classless calipari being slime once again. You can say it player safety but that's crap. He's slime in a suit and I've hated him since Memphis and the thugs he coached there

Actually NO. It was the right thing to do. It's the reason I hate fans rushing the floor or field. The fans don't belong there. Fans are by and large idiots and when it comes to something like this, there is a strong possibility of somebody from the stands doing something stupid and having a retaliation or just someone getting hurt. Fans don't belong on the playing field in any sport, ever. Calipari did the absolute right thing here and I applaud him for recognizing what was probably going to happen.

That's how I see it too...only takes one idiot getting in an opposing player's face to turn a giant celebration into an embarrassing day.

Great game by AU and no point in having a situation where the media attention ends up being focused on a fight of some kind.

I completely hate to respond to these arguments, but 40,000 people rushed the field at the Kick Six and not one report of any of the things you guys are whining about.

On the rewatch, I'm really impressed with how Bowers played this game defensively. Outsized by 4" and still made it tough on the guys inside.

I would have been there on the floor with them. It's a huge game and huge win. And the act like we've been there crowd.... We haven't been. I do have one issue. The classless calipari being slime once again. You can say it player safety but that's crap. He's slime in a suit and I've hated him since Memphis and the thugs he coached there

Actually NO. It was the right thing to do. It's the reason I hate fans rushing the floor or field. The fans don't belong there. Fans are by and large idiots and when it comes to something like this, there is a strong possibility of somebody from the stands doing something stupid and having a retaliation or just someone getting hurt. Fans don't belong on the playing field in any sport, ever. Calipari did the absolute right thing here and I applaud him for recognizing what was probably going to happen.

That's how I see it too...only takes one idiot getting in an opposing player's face to turn a giant celebration into an embarrassing day.

Great game by AU and no point in having a situation where the media attention ends up being focused on a fight of some kind.

Boy!

You guys got no faith in the AU family.

We ain't in Ttown.

This is Auburn.

Kentucky don't mind walking like the big dogs they are.

When someone rises up and wups you, you need to be gracious.

I don't think an AU person would be the ones initiating any embarrassing activity.

Watched the game with my Dad and son , my son ask me who's going to win , I answer probably Kentucky he then ask my Pop and he says there is no way Auburn wins today but I will always support the University. He tells us that we have no spirit because he believes in Auburn and they will win.

Well thanks Auburn you proved that we need faith in all things that the future is not set , we older fans need to stop being so cynical.

Wow just wow . WDE!!!

Boy!

You guys got no faith in the AU family.

We ain't in Ttown.

This is Auburn.

Kentucky don't mind walking like the big dogs they are.

When someone rises up and wups you, you need to be gracious.

I don't think an AU person would be the ones initiating any embarrassing activity.

Either you are kidding or you've never been in the presence of some of folks I've watched make fools of themselves after a game. Though in this case, you could be correct since most of the likely candidates are on this board and probably missed the game. :)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12374329/kansas-state-wildcats-ad-apologizes-kansas-jayhawks-court-storming

http://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/lutz-blog/article11067755.html

Again no reason to be a jerk. You can agree to disagree. I'm sorry you don't like having fun and enjoying a program defining win. Reminder this is a forum with people that have different opinions. You, although a mod, are not the end all be all authority of what is right and wrong. Not sure why you get so uptight with folks that don't agree with you but you can learn a lot from others on here about how to act when someone differs from your line of thought

I love having fun and enjoyed a great win. Program defining? probably not. Great win, yes.

If you took an alternative view and a logical thought out reason for kentucky leaving the floor before the game as offensive, well, I can't help that. I merely responded with a rational reason for them leaving the floor, while you just blindly called Calipari slime with no logical thought to support it. I've never once said I was the end all be all authority of what is right or wrong. I AM however entitled to my opinion. You taking extreme offense to an opposing, RATIONAL view is your problem, not mine. Agree to disagree.

Again no reason to be a jerk. You can agree to disagree. I'm sorry you don't like having fun and enjoying a program defining win. Reminder this is a forum with people that have different opinions. You, although a mod, are not the end all be all authority of what is right and wrong. Not sure why you get so uptight with folks that don't agree with you but you can learn a lot from others on here about how to act when someone differs from your line of thought

I love having fun and enjoyed a great win. Program defining? probably not. Great win, yes.

If you took an alternative view and a logical thought out reason for kentucky leaving the floor before the game as offensive, well, I can't help that. I merely responded with a rational reason for them leaving the floor, while you just blindly called Calipari slime with no logical thought to support it. I've never once said I was the end all be all authority of what is right or wrong. I AM however entitled to my opinion. You taking extreme offense to an opposing, RATIONAL view is your problem, not mine. Agree to disagree.

I'm all for rational, usually. But it's pretty rational to call Calipari slimy with his track record.

I have no problem with them storming but $50,000 worth of stroming. I did see this posted

The court rush was delayed, but it ended up turning into a quality one.

10min to go 2nd half (AU down 1) on my re-watch after stopping for dinner. I know I get on refs a lot, especially with the new rules, but on the whole, the refs did an OUTSTANDING job today. Let the game happen, didn't get petty.

10min to go 2nd half (AU down 1) on my re-watch after stopping for dinner. I know I get on refs a lot, especially with the new rules, but on the whole, the refs did an OUTSTANDING job today. Let the game happen, didn't get petty.

I felt the same. It made the game enjoyable.

On the rewatch, I'm really impressed with how Bowers played this game defensively. Outsized by 4" and still made it tough on the guys inside.

I noticed that too, I was reading some of the game thread before seeing the replay and you'd have thought Bowers played the worst game ever played....

Edit: I'm not saying everybody, but a couple of posts

Yeah I definitely don't mind fans rushing the floor for this one. This isn't the best UK team, but we hadn't beaten them in 16 years. Or beaten a top 25 team in almost 7 years. We needed this one.

Finished the replay. I'm just struck by the poise and tenacity Auburn showed. Down 12 with 15 to go and they never wavered. No long stretches of poor play and really handled the game well. Best looking basketball in years.

We have a few posters that just don't like Bowers. He scores, rebounds and has to play D against players who are usually 3 to 6 inches taller every game. Yes he has missed some shots inside this year that he should have made. I think because of his height he is to worried about having his shot blocked, he needs to just go ahead and shoot normally and don't worry if he gets a shot blocked every now and then. If he does that he will be better inside and also pick up some fouls. We are a much better team for having him then not having him.

I have been a fan of his since he arrived last year.

We also have some posters who have been negative towards Harris despite the fact he has been our best all round player this year. Canty is most valuable because of his scoring but Harris scores inside, Mid range and a 3 every now and then. Is our best rebounder and plays tough D inside. Go back and review some of the comments some of our posters have made about Harris. Some of our posters have a low Basketball IQ

I noticed that too, I was reading some of the game thread before seeing the replay and you'd have thought Bowers played the worst game ever played....

Edit: I'm not saying everybody, but a couple of posts

It's like that every game thread. Bowers has done a lot for AU basketball these last 2 seasons. Deserves much better. Yeah, he misses some shots and puts himself in bad places trying to hurry the ball down the floor, but his effort and passion are through the roof.

We have a few posters that just don't like Bowers. He scores, rebounds and has to play D against players who are usually 3 to 6 inches taller every game. Yes he has missed some shots inside this year that he should have made. I think because of his height he is to worried about having his shot blocked, he needs to just go ahead and shoot normally and don't worry if he gets a shot blocked every now and then. If he does that he will be better inside and also pick up some fouls. We are a much better team for having him then not having him.

I have been a fan of his since he arrived last year.

We also have some posters who have been negative towards Harris despite the fact he has been our best all round player this year. Canty is most valuable because of his scoring but Harris scores inside, Mid range and a 3 every now and then. Is our best rebounder and plays tough D inside. Go back and review some of the comments some of our posters have made about Harris. Some of our posters have a low Basketball IQ

I have been on Harris lately, but he was the runner up MVP today. His step back 17 footer with less than a minute left was gorgeous. He rebounded and defended like he did at the beginning of the season.

Archived