Cam named MVP!!!!

AUpreacherman22

I'm just afraid that if Palmer wins tomorrow they give it to him. W or L it should be Cams.

MVP vote is for the regular season. Playoffs do not have any bearing on that. I think the votes have already been cast. The announcement will be before the,super bowl.

Cam has already been named MVP. Hence the thread. I'm so confused.

This was the football writers with their award. The official league award will be announced on the Saturday before the Super Bowl.

Damn. Okay. I guess I should have known that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cam is the man, I'm glad he is continuing to prove he is truly legit after so many analysts **** on him prior to the draft.

Well in all truthfulness, we had seen a lot of guys with great athletic ability not succeed at quarterback in the NFL. Cam had a long way to go to truly become a quarterback in the NFL. Look back at the interview he did with John Gruden. It wasn't an unrealistic thought to believe he would be like the ones that went before. He put in the time and effort to make himself a great quarterback that could do all the things an NFL quarterback is supposed to do.

Cam is the man, I'm glad he is continuing to prove he is truly legit after so many analysts **** on him prior to the draft.

Well in all truthfulness, we had seen a lot of guys with great athletic ability not succeed at quarterback in the NFL. Cam had a long way to go to truly become a quarterback in the NFL. Look back at the interview he did with John Gruden. It wasn't an unrealistic thought to believe he would be like the ones that went before. He put in the time and effort to make himself a great quarterback that could do all the things an NFL quarterback is supposed to do.

i mean in all truthfulness he crushed it his rookie year

but yeah cam was not the most eloquent of speakers at times.

He explained in that interview that he didn't call plays in the huddle at Auburn. Gruden asked him to anyway and he naively tried to oblige.

Cam didn't do anything wrong coming out of Auburn or going into the NFL. People expected him to be a variety of awful things because people are afraid of the unknown.

Man. We are so lucky he chose Auburn. He's got a chance to have the professional career that Bo should have, except he's redefining the most important position on the field and making people take a hard look at themselves and how they view athletes. It's so freaking awesome. And fun.

i mean in all truthfulness he crushed it his rookie year

but yeah cam was not the most eloquent of speakers at times.

Look I love Cam too. He's light years ahead of where he was coming out of Auburn and his rookie season. We've seen many guys come in and have tremendous success in their first year only to fall by the wayside. Kudos to him for doing what it took to make himself the player he is now.

Game today should remove all doubts....great game by Cam

no offensive to Cam what so ever, and not trying to take anything away from his game, but that panthers D deserves an Mvp too. One of the nastiest defenses I've ever seen at any level

He explained in that interview that he didn't call plays in the huddle at Auburn. Gruden asked him to anyway and he naively tried to oblige.

Cam didn't do anything wrong coming out of Auburn or going into the NFL. People expected him to be a variety of awful things because people are afraid of the unknown.

Man. We are so lucky he chose Auburn. He's got a chance to have the professional career that Bo should have, except he's redefining the most important position on the field and making people take a hard look at themselves and how they view athletes. It's so freaking awesome. And fun.

Cam's definitely got the chance to be one of the greatest. Already accomplished it in college's toughest conference of all time. If that team can stay together, personnel wise, and get Benjamin back...

no offensive to Cam what so ever, and not trying to take anything away from his game, but that panthers D deserves an Mvp too. One of the nastiest defenses I've ever seen at any level

D is definitely good but nice to see a 60 minute game from the Panthers. Mostly they have run up first half leads and then Shula takes his foot off the gas and the team fights to hang on in the second half. Been fun watching Cam do his thing and he sure ripped what was supposed to be a pretty good Arizona defense yesterday.

Absolutely. Dominant players at every level. And you're right, they're nasty. Have a nice mean streak to them. Fun to watch.

They certainly gave the offense as many extra possessions as they could ever want last night.

Cam got a lot better after the Panthers got an offensive line that could protect him and a defense that could make plays at crunch time during the season. Seems like it all came together this season, hope it continues in the Super Bowl. Cam's attitude reminds me of the SEC Championship Game attitude and I am sure he will be able to help the Panthers team to that same attitude in a couple of weeks.

This stuff is golden. Long time folks on this board may see this as a sign of the Apocalypse (Canuck giving the media PROPS?!?) but it's an astute article. IMO.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2610770-cam-newton-is-the-breath-of-fresh-air-the-super-bowl-and-the-nfl-need?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

This stuff is golden. Long time folks on this board may see this as a sign of the Apocalypse (Canuck giving the media PROPS?!?) but it's an astute article. IMO.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2610770-cam-newton-is-the-breath-of-fresh-air-the-super-bowl-and-the-nfl-need?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

so great to see an Auburn man like Cam taking over the NFL

Great quote from the comments on an AJC article (I know, I know). Could apply to many parts of the country. If you know Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs at all, then you'll know what is meant:

Atlanta doesn't hate Cam Newton. Kennesaw, Alpharetta, and Dacula might, though.

Great quote from the comments on an AJC article (I know, I know). Could apply to many parts of the country. If you know Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs at all, then you'll know what is meant:

Atlanta doesn't hate Cam Newton. Kennesaw, Alpharetta, and Dacula might, though.

And I guarantee most all that dislike Cam would love to have him playing for their team.

And I guarantee most all that dislike Cam would love to have him playing for their team.

Yup.

When is the last time Auburn has had a MLB MVP (Donaldson) and the NFL MVP at the same time?

When is the last time that has happened for any team?

MVP University ;):au:

When is the last time Auburn has had a MLB MVP (Donaldson) and the NFL MVP at the same time?

When is the last time that has happened for any team?

MVP University ;)/> :au:/>

Good pub for Auburn Atheltics

Now folks, that was a serious fanny spanking that Cam and crew did to the Cardinals last night. They made the cardinals look like the 1980 Saints that I think was the team that had fans wearing bags over their heads!

I think that Cam and Co., will have Payton filing for his retirement. This will be a well deserved Championship for Cam.

Archived