Cam named MVP!!!!

AUpreacherman22

Now folks, that was a serious fanny spanking that Cam and crew did to the Cardinals last night. They made the cardinals look like the 1980 Saints that I think was the team that had fans wearing bags over their heads!

I think that Cam and Co., will have Payton filing for his retirement. This will be a well deserved Championship for Cam.

Payton isn't going to make his decision on whether or not to retire based off of that game. I think he has probably already made that decision.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cam is such a great ambassador for Auburn. What he has done for that team and that city is amazing. His infectious personality has transformed the entire team. The team has taken on that Cam Newton persona. When have you seen an entire team want to participate in giving touchdown balls to kids? I have never seen such an overwhelming charity in a professional team. Everyone on that team looks like they are having the time of their lives, with their play and the team photos after the game. Of course you will have fun winning 17 games in 1 season, but I think they are winning because they have an enjoyable attitude while playing, and because they are led by a man that is a born leader that knows how to win. That is all Cam. Cam has the chance to be immortalized as one of the all time greats to ever play the game. He has won a championship at every level possible: high school (?), Juco, D1 collegiate, with a chance to win the greatest championship in football. That is unheard of. It is only fitting for Cam to play in the 50th Superbowl against Peyton Manning. A passing of the torch as you will. He is revolutionizing the sport for years to come. And he is a good man with an even bigger heart. War Cam Eagle!

Cam is the man, I'm glad he is continuing to prove he is truly legit after so many analysts **** on him prior to the draft.

Well in all truthfulness, we had seen a lot of guys with great athletic ability not succeed at quarterback in the NFL. Cam had a long way to go to truly become a quarterback in the NFL. Look back at the interview he did with John Gruden. It wasn't an unrealistic thought to believe he would be like the ones that went before. He put in the time and effort to make himself a great quarterback that could do all the things an NFL quarterback is supposed to do.

He explained in that interview that he didn't call plays in the huddle at Auburn. Gruden asked him to anyway and he naively tried to oblige.

Cam didn't do anything wrong coming out of Auburn or going into the NFL. People expected him to be a variety of awful things because people are afraid of the unknown.

Man. We are so lucky he chose Auburn. He's got a chance to have the professional career that Bo should have, except he's redefining the most important position on the field and making people take a hard look at themselves and how they view athletes. It's so freaking awesome. And fun.

All of this is true. I think Cam had the unfortunate pleasure of having played in one of the most un-NFL-esque offenses ever (at the time), and having to explain that to a man who was used to the then less electrifying way of doing things. Its pretty obvious Gruden didn't go out of his way to find out how simple the Auburn offense actually was, so he essentially knew s*** nothing other than what was on film and what Cam knew, and in his case, there wasn't much to know.

With ignoring some of the obvious race discretions, a lot of people considered Cam dumb for the wrong reasons. If you don't think that he could run a more complex offense, say that instead of saying "he's unintelligent", and attacking his personal character.

Cam is the man, I'm glad he is continuing to prove he is truly legit after so many analysts **** on him prior to the draft.

Well in all truthfulness, we had seen a lot of guys with great athletic ability not succeed at quarterback in the NFL. Cam had a long way to go to truly become a quarterback in the NFL. Look back at the interview he did with John Gruden. It wasn't an unrealistic thought to believe he would be like the ones that went before. He put in the time and effort to make himself a great quarterback that could do all the things an NFL quarterback is supposed to do.

He explained in that interview that he didn't call plays in the huddle at Auburn. Gruden asked him to anyway and he naively tried to oblige.

Cam didn't do anything wrong coming out of Auburn or going into the NFL. People expected him to be a variety of awful things because people are afraid of the unknown.

Man. We are so lucky he chose Auburn. He's got a chance to have the professional career that Bo should have, except he's redefining the most important position on the field and making people take a hard look at themselves and how they view athletes. It's so freaking awesome. And fun.

All of this is true. I think Cam had the unfortunate pleasure of having played in one of the most un-NFL-esque offenses ever (at the time), and having to explain that to a man who was used to the then less electrifying way of doing things. Its pretty obvious Gruden didn't go out of his way to find out how simple the Auburn offense actually was, so he essentially knew s*** nothing other than what was on film and what Cam knew, and in his case, there wasn't much to know.

With ignoring some of the obvious race discretions, a lot of people considered Cam dumb for the wrong reasons. If you don't think that he could run a more complex offense, say that instead of saying "he's unintelligent", and attacking his personal character.

Cam had the misfortune of following Russell and Young who were similar style QBs and athletes. Both turned out to be over-priced busts. Too many people in important media roles just assumed Cam was going to be another guy who couldn't handle the NFL offense and keep his personal life squared away......and they nit-picked everything about him and his game trying to justify their preconceptions. Even after the game on Sunday, twitter was absolutely filled up with vile commentary about Cam.

It's taken some media people a long time to accept the fact of Cam's talent and character. They down-played his rookie season....but most have come around...finally.. Still, I bet there are a huge number of people who wake up every morning and check the papers hoping to find that Cam has been pulled for a DWI or something....many of them live in the state of Alabama of course, But it's not just the bammers ....lots of people just can't accept being proved wrong about Cam.

He's the only reason I even do more than check the scores of NFL games....mostly I'm a Cam fan....and that means a Panther fan. What a great season they both have had.

He's the only reason I even do more than check the scores of NFL games....mostly I'm a Cam fan....and that means a Panther fan. What a great season they both have had.

I live in Atlanta and am therefore a Falcons fan, but I find it impossible to not root for Cam. I realize that's oxymoronic, but I really don't care. It helps that there is so much crossover between the Falcons and UGA fanbases. Sad Falcons fans are often also sad UGA fans. And, as bad as the Falcons have been for the last couple years, that's been quite the silver lining.

Very interesting read from Spencer at EDSBS. He's a Florida fan who's made plenty of jokes about Cam and Auburn in the past. There is some language, but there are also several passages like this:

Cam Newton is that dominant, the kind of dominant a player is not supposed to be after high school. Go to any high school game, particularly in the Southern United States, and there is that guy, the guy, the one badass your brother or cousin or friend once boasted about touching on a play. Note: I did not say he tackled him. He got close, and that's what counts in hand grenades, horseshoes or getting trampled by a raging future first-round NFL draft pick.

Cam Newton was like that in high school, then in junior college and then at Auburn, and now at Carolina. There is no closing of that window for the immediate future. If football is an airport, he is Air Force One, and can land whenever he likes. Traffic will clear, paths will be made. Cam Newton is from Georgia, dabs like Migos and went to Auburn.

He is Southern as hell, by a given definition of Southern.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to threadjack, but there is also a discussion of the fact that Kevin Greene was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame here.

If Cam keeps playing like he's playing, he'll join Greene in the HoF one day!

War Eagle!

That's awesome, I am doing something today I have never done -going to a super bowl party, just to see Cam fill the last spot in the trophy case with a super bowl ring. What a special talent he is ,I hope to see him coaching at Auburn someday.

Not to threadjack, but there is also a discussion of the fact that Kevin Greene was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame here.

War Eagle!

Wonder why the Greene thread was moved and this one stays. Seems they BOTH should be in the AU football section. Pretty sure we have neither MVP's nor Hall Of Fame inductees everyday.

Cam has made me an NFL fan, per 5 years ago, and this season - especially in light of Auburn's struggles - has been extra special. What an ambassador for Auburn, and what an otherworldly talent! So proud of all he has accomplished and the kind of (super)man he is! War Cam Eagle and Go Panthers! #KeepPounding!!

Cam has made me an NFL fan, per 5 years ago, and this season - especially in light of Auburn's struggles - has been extra special. What an ambassador for Auburn, and what an otherworldly talent! So proud of all he has accomplished and the kind of (super)man he is! War Cam Eagle and Go Panthers! #KeepPounding!!

Yep...until Cam, I rarely watched much NFL other than Super Bowls and ballgames where AU grads were prominent. We are in NC but it was not until Cam was drafted, that paid much attention to the Panthers even during their previous Super Bowl run. .

But today, having a "party" with a another War Eagle couple to watch Cam in search of his third "national" championship.

War Eagle....and Keep Pounding Panthers....

War Eagle!

Wonder why the Greene thread was moved and this one stays. Seems they BOTH should be in the AU football section. Pretty sure we have neither MVP's nor Hall Of Fame inductees everyday.

The Greene thread has been moved back to the main football board.

:wareagle:

OK, now we just need Cam to go out and show the world why he was named MVP!

SEC channel doing the 2010 Championship game.....AU off a slow start....Adams dropped a good pass that could have scored....but the AU D looking pretty good to start the game.

Nice chance to see Cam in the good ole days.

I predict auburn will win that game. it may be tight, but I think they will take it. my prediction,22-18 on a last second field goal. spoiler alert. lol

Never been so disappointed in Cam Newton as I am right now. I don't care how well he did in that game, but his demeanor afterwards was downright shameful. I know he HATES to lose, but he shouldn't have answered the press in such a sullen manner. He came across as a big baby and gave no respect to the Broncos at all. He thinks he's drawn unfair criticism? Now the criticism will be all about this and it will be fair. He needs to come back out and apologize. His momma would be ashamed. Hopefully he can take this and grow and mature from it. I know he's just 26, but he looked 18. I Love Cam. I really do, but he needs to quit sulking and man up.

he needs to learn from the guy that just won his second in four attempts. I love him too, but that entire display was embarrassing for him. he should be forced to watch the recording of his actions until he sees what was wrong. he has been described as a big kid just enjoying himself in a GAME, now he looks like a kid that was ready to take his ball and go home because he didn't get his way. I hate it for him, but it's time to grow up.

the broncos had determined they weren't going to let him "dap", and they were successful. incredible defensive game on both sides of the ball.

You dance, celebrate and somewhat taunt and rub it in the face of your opponent all season as you dab your way to the Super Bowl. For whatever reason, you choose to pull the race card the week leading up to the SB, saying people don't like you and hate you because your black. I hope he learns how to be the "face of the NFL" soon, settles down and acts more professional in the wins AND the loses.

You dance, celebrate and somewhat taunt and rub it in the face of your opponent all season as you dab your way to the Super Bowl. For whatever reason, you choose to pull the race card the week leading up to the SB, saying people don't like you and hate you because your black. I hope he learns how to be the "face of the NFL" soon, settles down and acts more professional in the wins AND the loses.

This was predictable if you saw his behavior toward the end of the game.....between the end of the game and the presser...someone should have pulled him aside and told him that this a chance to win friends and supporters if the went out there an "took it like a man". He totally missed that chance and instead gave the "haters' more ammunition with his moping and mumbled one word answers. He's got some work ahead....and not just football.

Archived