Riley Cole

JMassie11

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From our past experience recruiting linebackers, I'd say we should switch over to the George Castanza method and do the OPPOSITE of what we think we should do with linebacker recruiting. We're doing it somewhat with Ben Davis in that he is a turd lock/legacy but we're still courting him. We should probably do it with this guy to and take him even though we don't consider him a take. Worked out well for George for awhile at least. ;)

Just decommitted from the turds due to them wanting him the grey shirt. Does Auburn offer? Would not contribute immediately but looks to have upside.

Not on AU's board.

why is that not a surprise?...figures

Well he is a LB so we would not generally be interested. L O L

Post of the Year.

I saw a video of the kid busting butt in the weight room. He apparently was 205-210 and bama fans he was too skinny when he first committed now he's packed on some muscle coming in at 230. Jake Holland had muscle though.

Just decommitted from the turds due to them wanting him the grey shirt. Does Auburn offer? Would not contribute immediately but looks to have upside.

Not on AU's board.

why is that not a surprise?...figures

Supposedly the staff are not taking any reaches w/ their remaining spots in this class & see Riley as a reach.

Are you saying a reach in the chances of signing him or a reach in what they think his chances are of one day making a significant contribution?

Are you saying a reach in the chances of signing him or a reach in what they think his chances are of one day making a significant contribution?

Reach as in what the staff sees in him as a LB for the SEC.

Reach as in what the staff sees in him as a LB for the SEC.

Got it, thank you! I'm in the camp that wishes we'd offer this kid. He's got a chip on his shoulder to prove bama wrong. I think he's one of those we'll end up wishing we had signed.

Oklahoma offered him tonight.

Doesn't mean he could play at AU though.....right :dunno: this is the SEC after all.

Could Muschasmp's view of LB prospects really have been so different from our current staff's view that we are going to all but swing and miss on the entire LB class. (No disrespect to Tre Thweatt, but one is not enough)

We'll have extra slots, and whatever UAT's position is I don't care. We need another LB or two so what's the problem with us signing this Cole guy?

Got what he deserved. Processed.

If I'm reading into your comment that he was rude or whatever towards Auburn, then that explains a lot. Let him go elsewhere and good riddance.

If I'm reading into your comment that he was rude or whatever towards Auburn, then that explains a lot. Let him go elsewhere and good riddance.

No. If you mess with a dog that has fleas then more than likely means you will get fleas also. Not the first time uat has done this. Don't feel bad about this at all. Got what he deserved.

From our past experience recruiting linebackers, I'd say we should switch over to the George Castanza method and do the OPPOSITE of what we think we should do with linebacker recruiting. We're doing it somewhat with Ben Davis in that he is a turd lock/legacy but we're still courting him. We should probably do it with this guy to and take him even though we don't consider him a take. Worked out well for George for awhile at least. ;)

Now I think your onto something. lol

After reading some previous comments, my thought right or wrong is we may have initially looked at him and for whatever reason, either personally or ability wise decided not to pursue him. Just a thought based on no evidence at all. I had never heard of him until this thread. WDE guys.

No. If you mess with a dog that has fleas then more than likely means you will get fleas also. Not the first time uat has done this. Don't feel bad about this at all. Got what he deserved.

WDE, I value your info and respect your opinion as much as anyone but, without more context, I don't quite understand your stance here. If the kid grew up a bammer, committed to them at first opportunity and never looked elsewhere, why do you feel that he got what he deserves? Also, in your opinion, why does the Auburn coaching staff seem to be content with the linebacker situation? I'm not normally the panicky type, but I consider the numbers to be pretty alarming. If every linebacker on our roster,who has (to date)shown potential, pans out then we will be one deep. If some others step up, we are still only two deep. I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but I have yet to hear anything that makes sense, at least to me. Sorry to keep beating this horse but I just do not get it at all and I know I'm not the only one.

We'll have extra slots, and whatever UAT's position is I don't care. We need another LB or two so what's the problem with us signing this Cole guy?

My guess is the staff would rather bring in a a GT they believe would contribute in 2016 than reach on a guy they don't see ever in the playing rotation @ AU.

I don't think you can blame a kid for committing to Bama. No kid expects himself to be the one who gets that call.

Gee, I thought it was just about everyone's dream to flip some kid who had first committed to bama....and yet in the this case it seems the kid has the scarlet A on his face and we don't want to get "fleas" ? There has to be more to this than someone is letting on.

My gosh....we humbled ourselves to the point shamelessness chasing the two LBs from Auburn HS....after that, I did not think pride ever was a factor.

My guess is the staff would rather bring in a a GT they believe would contribute in 2016 than reach o a huy they don't see ever in the playing rotation @ AU.

I don't know of any LB graduate transfer that could help us. Unless they have an individual in mind that's a very long shot in the dark.

My guess is the staff would rather bring in a a GT they believe would contribute in 2016 than reach o a huy they don't see ever in the playing rotation @ AU.

I don't know of any LB graduate transfer that could help us. Unless they have an individual in mind that's a very long shot in the dark.

GTs are becoming much more prevalent the past couple of years. I'm not sure they have someone in mine but I think they like their chances of finding 1 after Spring Ball when many GTs announce their intent to transfer.

Plus, we can't call a grad transfer and offer. We just have to sit around and wait for one to call us. Still don't understand.

My guess is the staff would rather bring in a a GT they believe would contribute in 2016 than reach on a guy they don't see ever in the playing rotation @ AU.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but the kid was named the best LB at The Opening in Atlanta. Something tells me there were some higher rated kids there... Yet, HE was named Best LB. The kid would come in and play with a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

I don't understand how they would think he isn't worth a spot after what he did last summer. I'm flabbergasted

I don't understand how they would think he isn't worth a spot after what he did last summer. I'm flabbergasted

Because of course if you are good on the camp circuit it means you are going to be a total bad ass in a real game since there is no such thing as a camp warrior.

Bottom line is whether we like it or not, agree or not, 2 AU defensive staffs now have looked at his game film and did not like what they saw enough to offer, Period.

I'm of the understanding that it would be biggie with the NCAA for us to make any contact with a player who is currently on someone else's squad.

So meanwhile is there any kind of list of guys who are prospective GTrans at LB who might look our way? Or do we just wait until the phone rings?

Archived