What Size Camera Can I Take In To The Arena?

Mike4AU

I am going to see my first BB game at the new arena tomorrow evening. I would like to take my camera in, but with the battery pack, it is pretty big and I wonder if I can take it in. I read that the lens size cannot exceed 4". When the lens is not zoomed it is less than 4", but exceeds that when fully extended.

I will also say that while I am not a professional photographer, the camera is professional. Will that be a problem?

I realize this might be difficult to answer, and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

I am going to see my first BB game at the new arena tomorrow evening. I would like to take my camera in, but with the battery pack, it is pretty big and I wonder if I can take it in. I read that the lens size cannot exceed 4". When the lens is not zoomed it is less than 4", but exceeds that when fully extended.

I will also say that while I am not a professional photographer, the camera is professional. Will that be a problem?

Thanks

Generally speaking, most sports stadiums/arenas will give you crap about an SLR unless you have a press pass. They mainly allow compact point and click.

Thanks

Generally speaking, most sports stadiums/arenas will give you crap about an SLR unless you have a press pass. They mainly allow compact point and click.

Yeah, that concerns me. Thanks.

Thanks

Yeah, that concerns me. Thanks.

I use a D-90 on football game days, but I make sure to lock it up before heading to the stadium, because it's not worth the hassle to try to get it in. I did manage to get a Nikon Coolpix into Arkansas's stadium, once, but that's the largest camera I've every gotten in. If you want to buy a new Coolpix 520-530 with the 42x zoom, I'm sure that would be worth trying to get past security.

Even if I remove the battery pack and put on a nifty fifty, the camera I want to use for its low light capabilities will still probably get Barney Fifes attention (D-700). I guess I will just use my iPhone.

Thanks again.

Even if I remove the battery pack and put on a nifty fifty, the camera I want to use for its low light capabilities will still probably get Barney Fifes attention (D-700). I guess I will just use my iPhone.

Thanks again.

Hey watch what you say about good old Barney

Archived