@AUFamily, please stop

AUEngineer2016

Even in hindsight, tagging the band could be viewed as asking the AUMB to chime in on the discussion as it would affect them whenever such shows were put in place. It certainly wasn't done maliciously. So to throw out words like "embarrassed", "ashamed", and "audacity" is just over the top. Before putting the site on blast, you could have asked RunInRed directly on PM instead of ascribing motives you couldn't possibly know were true or not.

Understood and, actually, presumed.

Still blind to Twitter.

Has the @AUFamily entity said so?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to throw in my two cents as a marketing professional, since a big part of my job is creating messages that resonate positively with people (not to be confused with me posting my opinion about football, which is guaranteed not to resonate positively with some people).

First, if you want to share a message, especially on an open social platform, be very careful how you phrase it...

"We love the @AUMB and all but the halftime show at JHS could take some notes #justsayin #SB50" does come across as a slight to the band... "we love them and all" most often translates to "they are good for what they are, but not good enough". Following it with #justsayin fuels the fire, because that is often used when stating a negative opinion. The point would have been taken better if the approach were something like "Wouldn't it be great if @AUMB got to work with some big names for the halftime shows? Imagine a show like this in Jordan Hare #SB50" (no, I didn't check the twitter character count... just an example).

Second, when someone points out that a mistake was made, even when it was a misunderstanding, it's best to respond with humility and contrition. "Your wrong, that's not what we meant." doesn't mend fences. "We can see why you would think that and we're sorry, we should have phrased it differently. We certainly didn't mean to offend anyone." is a good start for putting out the fire. And, since the message is out in social media, a follow-up message to clarify that there were no ill intentions would be warranted.

Hope this helps in the future.

I agree, this is yet another example of this forum turning to $h!t. From thread hijacks, useless bickering, tired jokes, etc..., and now criticizing the band because they can't get superstars to entertain us at halftime. This used to be a sight to have good discussions and get useful information, guess I'm starting to sound old and longing for the good old days

Nice 42nd post.

Thanks.

I agree, this is yet another example of this forum turning to $h!t. From thread hijacks, useless bickering, tired jokes, etc..., and now criticizing the band because they can't get superstars to entertain us at halftime. This used to be a sight to have good discussions and get useful information, guess I'm starting to sound old and longing for the good old days

You've been around since 2010 and have 42 posts. Not to say anyone with a low post count doesn't deserve to be heard, but good grief this is the most over the top bunch of whiney nonsense I've seen in a while.

It's apparent that even before it "turned to s***" in your words, you couldn't be bothered to actively contribute. You know where the door is. Nobody's chaining you to the radiator and making you stay.

Haha, if you think that was the most over the top bunch of whiney nonsense, then you obviously haven't read too many of these threads lately.

Alrighty then

Is this where I'm supposed to make one of the tired jokes about your age?

2ptw2ky.jpg

News flash: 18 year olds are still going to war. They're still battling cancer and struggling to break out of bad situations. Bravery shows many forms.

^ an excellent, but not often discussed point. Hating on the younger generation will always be trendy.

Who knew the AUMB/halftime show was such a sensitive topic? One would of thought it was suggested we rename the University, change the school colors, or something of equivalence.

Who knew the AUMB/halftime show was such a sensitive topic? One would of thought it was suggested we rename the University, change the school colors, or something of equivalence.

if the halftime show was too entertaining it would hurt the sale of concessions too bad.

lionheartkc, could you please give a few lessons to Cam? ;)

I don't know if I would be capable of presenting a well thought out message when in that kind of emotional state. As I mentioned in another post... I don't even like to talk to people after Auburn loses, so I can't imagine what Cam was feeling after losing the biggest game of his life, plus getting used as a punching bag, plus listening to his opponent rub it in. The best advise I would have given him would probably be to submit a written statement and walk away.

My comment was tongue in cheek.

How about this, "Congratulations to Peyton Manning and the Broncos.It's obvious that we are very disappointed. I don't care to make any further statements at this time."

if the halftime show was too entertaining it would hurt the sale of concessions too bad.

Maybe the best argument in defense of the status quo I've heard yet ;)

2ptw2ky.jpg

News flash: 18 year olds are still going to war. They're still battling cancer and struggling to break out of bad situations. Bravery shows many forms.

^ an excellent, but not often discussed point. Hating on the younger generation will always be trendy.

People always have and always will go to war and get sick. Does not change the fact whatsoever that the new hurt feelings generation is a bunch of pansies. Obviously not all are that way, but if me saying this hurt your feelings then you get my point. Who cares if somebody doesn't like the halftime show. Maybe we should give the entire band members a bunch of trophies to make them feel better. give me a freaking break

Maybe I'm too old or just old school but I enjoy the band and miss hearing them during the game. All of the stadiums now are playing hype music between plays which I get it, it makes it a loud home stadium. But, I miss the band doing it.

No one here should even question the support of the AUMB from the AUFamily. I believe it would have been best to have sent a private message to RIR about it before posting it on the forum but that water is already down the river and headed for the sea.

So I'm confused, does @AUFamily consider @AUMB part of the family or not?

As a Twitterblind soul, I am clueless.

I do, however, suspect that AUFamily and AUMB (absent @) feel some kinship

So I'm confused, does @AUFamily consider @AUMB part of the family or not?

Is this a serious question?

And if it is, why is it?

I have a feeling that some people are hoping that one of the leaders of AU Family will step up and apologize for the confusing message and admit it could have been presented better, instead of taking a defensive stance.

Archived