@AUFamily, please stop

AUEngineer2016

So I'm confused, does @AUFamily consider @AUMB part of the family or not?

Check that, we have a strong contender putting his worst foot forward.

Ha. I wouldn't expect you to get my post. On the other hand that's why I gave lionheartkc a vote for post of the day. Since lionheartkc is a marketing professional, lionheartkc saw that Red's response to those who where upset was sending a mixed message.

I think he laid it out well. He supports the band, but didn't enjoy the halftime show. There is no need for an apology or any extra clarification. I sure hope the basketball and football teams have thicker skin than the band

Edit: Lets don't go there FE thanks golf

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, didn't know I was into a political argument. I was just quoting a song lyric. No clue what Beyoncé said.

It was a post about Beyonce earlier in the thread, not a statement she made. Golf knows all too well where Cole will take that (as he already attempted to do) so he's being preemptive :laugh:/>

Please tell me what I attempted to do....You are right about one thing though when I post golf does decides then to be a mod....It's funny you're so observant but yet you still haven't realized that nobody ever talks to you on this board....lol

Sorry, didn't know I was into a political argument. I was just quoting a song lyric. No clue what Beyoncé said.

It was a post about Beyonce earlier in the thread, not a statement she made. Golf knows all too well where Cole will take that (as he already attempted to do) so he's being preemptive :laugh:/>

Please tell me what I attempted to do....You are right about one thing though when I post golf does decides then to be a mod....It's funny you're so observant but yet you still haven't realized that nobody ever talks to you on this board....lol

Lol. Sick burn.

Lol. Sick burn.

Lol. You're like a narrator of a story. You're always talking yet never heard or acknowledged. Just talk, talk, talk. Has anyone ever asked for your thoughts, input, or opinion on any subject? It's actually pretty funny when you think about it

I don't think the tweet is an inditement against the AUMB but more so to brief stupidity of the poster. And we all have had stupid moments. I believe the AUMB does a great job representing Auburn and I'm very satisfied with how it functions overall.

Is our band the best no. Is it the worst..far from it.

The best band in the SEC, and it's not even close, goes to a true marching band located in College Station,.

Take that petty childish bickering to PM. It doesn't belong here.

Yep, this is the bickering I was referring to in my first post. Every thread on this site eventually devolves into this garbage. Just an opinion of someone with only 40 something post, though, so what do I know?

The tweets that @AUFamily sent yesterday and today regarding the AUMB hurt feelings and left a bad taste in peoples mouths, whether it was intentional or not. I think it would have just gone away, but today the account was back at it again, asking if anyone would be interested in a SB style halftime show at AU.

This type of tweeting is turning people against each other and needs to stop. Tweeting at AUMB members and GA's who donate hours upon hours of time VOLUNTARILY for ALMOST NO RECOGNITION is immature and frankly is not something that account should be tweeting. I am ashamed to even be a member of this site right now.

I understand this post is probably going to be deleted/moved, and I really don't care. It's time to post an apology, personally DM people and apologize, and move on.

I think you should apologize to RiR for this public post. You know how PMs work. You could have made you argument in private without the drama you caused here. This was childish, rude and grossly unappreciative.

The tweets that @AUFamily sent yesterday and today regarding the AUMB hurt feelings and left a bad taste in peoples mouths, whether it was intentional or not. I think it would have just gone away, but today the account was back at it again, asking if anyone would be interested in a SB style halftime show at AU.

This type of tweeting is turning people against each other and needs to stop. Tweeting at AUMB members and GA's who donate hours upon hours of time VOLUNTARILY for ALMOST NO RECOGNITION is immature and frankly is not something that account should be tweeting. I am ashamed to even be a member of this site right now.

I understand this post is probably going to be deleted/moved, and I really don't care. It's time to post an apology, personally DM people and apologize, and move on.

I think you should apologize to RiR for this public post. You know how PMs work. You could have made you argument in private without the drama you caused here. This was childish, rude and grossly unappreciative.

I want to go on record as saying that I appreciate what RiR and the rest of the mods do for the site, my complaints earlier were with the minority of posters that screw up almost all threads. However, I don't think he his due an apology for being called out by someone who didn't appreciate him criticizing the band (real or perceived).

This type of thing goes both ways. Yes the OP should have sent a PM (did he even know who to send a PM to?). However once the original post was made in public, then whomever tweeted the tweet should have been less defensive. I am sure the tweet was not meant to diss the AUMB, but I can see how someone in the band and others could have taken it as an insult.

My philosophy on Twitter is this...... Twitter is a 140 character way for twits to tweet. Like all social media, don't press send until after you have typed something and walked away for a couple of hours and read it again and try to anticipate who or how it may offend someone. I don't tweet, but I have certainly been guilty of doing this in other forms of social media.

wde

I want to go on record as saying that I appreciate what RiR and the rest of the mods do for the site, my complaints earlier were with the minority of posters that screw up almost all threads. However, I don't think he his due an apology for being called out by someone who didn't appreciate him criticizing the band (real or perceived).

Call him out? Fine. In private. He's a reasonable guy who can take contrary opinions, trust me on that. Come to the site he provides for no charge, demand an apology like a petulant, entitled child and say you're ASHAMED to be associated with the site? Absurd. That warrants an apology.

Who knew the AUMB/halftime show was such a sensitive topic? One would of thought it was suggested we rename the University, change the school colors, or something of equivalence.

You should know that many Auburn fans are resistant to changes. Tradition is very important to many of us. The AUMB is a big part of that tradition.

Who knew the AUMB/halftime show was such a sensitive topic? One would of thought it was suggested we rename the University, change the school colors, or something of equivalence.

You should know that many Auburn fans are resistant to changes. Tradition is very important to many of us. The AUMB is a big part of that tradition.

Change happens. We didn't used to have flags or dancers performing with the band. We didn't have the eagle circle the stadium. We didn't have videos on the scoreboard. It happens and starts with an idea.

Call him out? Fine. In private. He's a reasonable guy who can take contrary opinions, trust me on that. Come to the site he provides for no charge, demand an apology like a petulant, entitled child and say you're ASHAMED to be associated with site? Absurd. That warrants an apology.

I don't think the OP was a demanding petulant, entitled child at all with his original post. He had people who were members of the AUMB expressing to him their displeasure with the tweet. And, again, the tweet could easily be taken in a negative way. I think him asking for a heartfelt apology (an apology without condescension and defensiveness) was not out of bounds. The OP is one of the more less controversial posters on this board. Heck, I would expect the reaction from the Admin if I had made the OP since I am not one drink the kool aid, but the OP is one of the more easy going posters on this board. He doesn't deserve the reaction he has received by and honest, genuine concern type of post.

wde

Call him out? Fine. In private. He's a reasonable guy who can take contrary opinions, trust me on that. Come to the site he provides for no charge, demand an apology like a petulant, entitled child and say you're ASHAMED to be associated with the site? Absurd. That warrants an apology.

There's a good chance that Engineer is like me and didn't know RiR runs the Twitter account.

First of all, let me clear a couple of things up here:

1) coming into this I didn't even know who ran the account. I'm not attacking RiR personally- far from it, I really enjoy this site, and I visit multiple times a day just to see what's new. I really appreciate everything that RiR has done for AUF.

2) with that said, I am not going to apologize for making this a public post. When he posts from that Twitter account, he is posing as AUFamily, as the communal voice of the people who post and contribute to this site (himself included). The vast majority of time, I love what he posts. If I didn't, I wouldn't be following on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This time however, the statements from the account hurt multiple people in the band. Say what you want about generational sensitivity, but the fact of the matter is that it put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths about AUFamily, and I can guarantee you that is not how RiR or the AUFamily community wants to be publicly perceived.

This post wasn't meant to rile people up, it wasn't meant to hurt someone. It was meant to quickly get to the manager of the account so that action could be taken and fires could be put out.

Change happens. We didn't used to have flags or dancers performing with the band. We didn't have the eagle circle the stadium. We didn't have videos on the scoreboard. It happens and starts with an idea.

Both of these posts, very true

1) coming into this I didn't even know who ran the account. I'm not attacking RiR personally- far from it, I really enjoy this site, and I visit multiple times a day just to see what's new. I really appreciate everything that RiR has done for AUF.

2) with that said, I am not going to apologize for making this a public post. When he posts from that Twitter account, he is posing as AUFamily, as the communal voice of the people who post and contribute to this site (himself included). The vast majority of time, I love what he posts. If I didn't, I wouldn't be following on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This time however, the statements from the account hurt multiple people in the band. Say what you want about generational sensitivity, but the fact of the matter is that it put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths about AUFamily, and I can guarantee you that is not how RiR or the AUFamily community wants to be publicly perceived.

This post wasn't meant to rile people up, it wasn't meant to hurt someone. It was meant to quickly get to the manager of the account so that action could be taken and fires could be put out.

So, you still ashamed to be a member of this site?

If someone is genuinely interested in communicating with someone and possibly changing their mind, they would never reasonably take it public out-of-the gate, particularly in the confrontational style you choose. Maybe you just haven't learned that yet. Or maybe you just truly preferred to make some type of public statement to make yourself feel better. If you want to get the manager of the account, the most logical thing to do is send a message to an administrator and ask who controls the twitter account, not just starting a thread that the administrator then has to stumble upon.

Just wondering....when we say bad things about how the football or basketball looks during a bad year, do the players demand apologies? I think we should write them all letters of apology to let them know that as long as you try, you should be rewarded. I personally think all teams should share the national championship. That would only be fair.

Just wondering....when we say bad things about how the football or basketball looks during a bad year, do the players demand apologies? I think we should write them all letters of apology to let them know that as long as you try, you should be rewarded. I personally think all teams should share the national championship. That would only be fair.

Just wondering....Has an AU fan message board sent out an official (representing the web site) tweet, facebook post, instagram, etc that could be be interpreted as a criticism of a player, team or coach in any sport?

wde

Players (scholarship players particularly) also get their tuition, room & board, meals, books, and a crap ton of clothing paid for by scholarships. The band gets to buy a fleece pullover once a year, and maybe gets a gift from whatever bowl we go to.

The majority of people don't recognize the work that the band puts into practice to do what they do. Football players and basketball players are celebrities on campus. Band members, despite putting in a similar amount of time and work, get to go to 1 away game a year.

Players (scholarship players particularly) also get their tuition, room & board, meals, books, and a crap ton of clothing paid for by scholarships. The band gets to buy a fleece pullover once a year, and maybe gets a gift from whatever bowl we go to.

The majority of people don't recognize the work that the band puts into practice to do what they do. Football players and basketball players are celebrities on campus. Band members, despite putting in a similar amount of time and work, get to go to 1 away game a year.

The majority of the people don't recognize the work the owner of this site has done and continues to do to provide this forum many of you frequent daily for free.

And we're not talking about an obviously critical tweet of the band. It was, as many tweets are, one that could be taken the wrong way. That doesn't warrant talking about being ashamed. It warrants simply providing that perspective.

The majority of the people don't recognize the work the owner of this site has done and continues to do to provide this forum many of you frequent daily for free.

And we're not talking about an obviously critical tweet of the band. It was, as many tweets are, one that could be taken the wrong way. That doesn't warrant talking about being ashamed. It warrants simply providing that perspective.

The owner of this site can take his ball and walk away at any time. This is an entertaining free AU site, but there are several more out there that are equally entertaining and also free. There is nothing wrong or shameful by admitting that a tweet, post, etc was made that was not intentionally offensive, but obviously was received that way, in this case, by members of the AUMB who read this board. Just simply apologize and move on.

wde

Archived