Rodney Garner ?

arnaldoabru

With Ritch passing over Garner for the Def Cord. position is there any chance of getting him back at Auburn.He has stated his desire to be a Head Coach or a Cord.It seems to me his being passed over would be a slap in the face.If CGC leaves wouldn't it make since to hire Garner.CTT has been a Def Cord so Garner could run CTT's defense and CTT could teach him the ropes.

I don't think that would be a good idea. There is a reason why Garner is not a coordinator. He is a great recruiter, but he does not have what it takes to be a coordinator. I hope Chizik stays.

I don't think that would be a good idea.  There is a reason why Garner is not a coordinator.  He is a great recruiter, but he does not have what it takes to be a coordinator. 

138484[/snapback]

my thoughts too.

Baggage? He's never been investigated,caught, or even a hint of wrong-doing at 3 SEC schools.The only"baggage" is the hinting around by TATER TOT.That's your source of "baggag"?

Baggage?  He's never been investigated,caught, or even a hint of wrong-doing at 3 SEC schools.The only"baggage" is the hinting around by TATER TOT.That's your source of "baggag"?

138535[/snapback]

For what it's worth, one of my uncles is a high school football coach in Georgia and has been for about 15 years (position coach and coordinator, not HC) and knows Garner on a working level. He's told me Garner isn't above bending the rules on occasion. I'm not talking about direct cash or gifts (at least not that he's told me about, but my uncle is also a UGA fan), but illegally contacting recruits and bending a few rules here and there. He says it's stuff that a lot of the schools do, but Garner has a reputation for it. Whether or not that is holding him back in his career advancement, I don't know.

Like I said, this is just stuff my uncle has told me based on his experiences with Garner and other college coaches. And no, I obviously don't have a link :D , and I'm not about to rat out my uncle, so take it for what it's worth.

BTW, our coach's name is Richt ;)

138666[/snapback]

Garner has job security, he can always get a recruiting gig in the SEC...he is a recruiter...he respects the kids when he talks to them, kids like that, however I haven't scene much evidence of him being a great football strategist or teacher of skills. He has carved out a very nice career though...his salary next year doesn't hinge on his team winning the rivalry game...his time on the weekends is probably best spent going to visit high school kids and watching friday night football.

Baggage?  He's never been investigated,caught, or even a hint of wrong-doing at 3 SEC schools.The only"baggage" is the hinting around by TATER TOT.That's your source of "baggag"?

138535[/snapback]

It's a helluva lot more than tater tot. I'm guessing that if what I heard was true, and I believe it was, that he may not be doing one certain thing any more. Too damn many people know about it. I heard it from a guy who has connections and knows more than one kid who was recruited by Garner because he has been close to his local h.s. football program for many years which has produced more than a few 1a fb players.

Archived