Softball vs. Furman - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shea hits one sharply to first and its off her glove and into right field. Fornis scores and Shea remains at 1st. 9-0 Auburn. Caey McCrackin coming in to pinch run for Shea.

Gipson up for Auburn.

Furman with the bases loaded and no outs... Liner back to walters she make the catch and throws to 2nd to double up the runner. 2 outs. 9-2 Auburn

I was at the games. The crowd is definitely stronger for February. I can't wait to see the place fill up when the weather warms up and an SEC team is in town.

announcer says the infield remains the same as previous games completely ignoring the fact that Courtney Shea is catching and that he mentioned in the top of the inning that Carlee Wallace was in the Designated Player role this game. He does ok most of the time, but makes some horrendous mistakes often.

Thanks for the play-by-play. Had to miss this one.

In the announcers defense, the catcher is usually considered part of the battery, not the IF, but that's a nuance I doubt he knows. He's great at getting excited at the right time and has a great voice, but a little more knowledge of the game would go a long way. We are going to hear him a lot this year since he does all the AU home games on the SEC Network.

announcer says the infield remains the same as previous games completely ignoring the fact that Courtney Shea is catching and that he mentioned in the top of the inning that Carlee Wallace was in the Designated Player role this game. He does ok most of the time, but makes some horrendous mistakes often.

In the announcers defense, the catcher is usually considered part of the battery, not the IF, but that's a nuance I doubt he knows. He's great at getting excited at the right time and has a great voice, but a little more knowledge of the game would go a long way. We are going to hear him a lot this year since he does all the AU home games on the SEC Network.

That's OK....he does as well as Verne and the major network guys and does a better job of getting the names right for 1/1000th of the salary.

I'm just amazed that we are the point where we can worry about stuff like this....not more than a few years ago, most AU people never listened to a game (if they were even broadcast) and we generally knew nothing about college softball. We've come a long way baby !

That's OK....he does as well as Verne and the major network guys and does a better job of getting the names right for 1/1000th of the salary.

I'm just amazed that we are the point where we can worry about stuff like this....not more than a few years ago, most AU people never listened to a game (if they were even broadcast) and we generally knew nothing about college softball. We've come a long way baby !

I'd take a goat bleating randomly throughout the game over Verne.

Archived