Softball vs. James Madison

WarTiger

Top 25 matchup today with #19 James Madison. Auburn comes in 2-0 on the weekend and 8-0 on the season with a #3 national ranking.

Marcy Harper pitching for Auburn today. 2 out in the 1st.

Announcer went through the batting order very quickly and I couldn't get all of it. Will post as I find out.

Howard, Cooper, Carosone up for Auburn. 2 outs now with Carosone up.

Jordan Strikes out...1 out. Madi Gipson sends one DEEP to straight away center and its GONE.... 1-0 Auburn. Courtney Shea coming up.

swing and miss...Marcy Harper records another strikeout to get out of the inning. Auburn coming to bat bottom 3rd 1-0 lead.

Cooper sends one to right field and its mishandled and dropped for an error and cooper is safe at 1st. Howard advances to 2nd. 1 out for Carosone.

Carosone grounds to second, cooper out at 2nd, but Carosone beats the throw. Runners on 1st and 3rd for Whitney Jordan.

Game is tied 1-1 after a double off the wall in right. no outs in the top of the 4th. throw came home but not in time to get the runner.. Batter takes 3rd on the throw.

lost my feed for a while and it comes back to commercials. Not sure why they went to commercials unless Auburn is making a pitching change or they lost their feed from Florida.

technical difficulties apparently as Auburn apparently got out of the inning. Going to the bottom 4th Auburn trails 2-1.

Announcer is interviewing the host of the tournament and basically completely ignoring the game action. Gipson with a ground ball on the infield for 1 out. Shea coming up.

Shea grounded out too but we had no idea what the count was as the announcer is completely ignoring the game action. Not very professional IMO. McCrackin strikes out swinging to end the inning. After 4 complete, Auburn trails 2-1

Apparently we have a rules question as it appears an NCAA RULES advisor is at 3rd base. Auburn is wanting to drag the field around 1st and 3rd as the field conditions aren't what the Auburn coaches think they should be. The umpires apparently weren't going to allow it so Auburn protested and from what I can tell, took their players off the field.

Archived