Men vs. uat - game thread

WarTiger

Good players can over ccme bad refs and bad calls. We still don't have the right players.

When are you actually going to support any program at Auburn? Those players we have bust their ass every time they take the floor to play for Auburn. You could learn a little from them based on your ridiculous constant negativity towards everything Auburn. Grow up...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good players can over ccme bad refs and bad calls. We still don't have the right players.

When are you actually going to support any program at Auburn? Those players we have bust their ass every time they take the floor to play for Auburn. You could learn a little from them based on your ridiculous constant negativity towards everything Auburn. Grow up...

I'm beginning to think that you are not getting your point across. You many want to consider a different approach in the future. .

Sad fan is sad

The first half of his sentence is right. Second is too. Quit bashing him.

I'm with you. Our players have played hard all season long minus a few moments. But we still don't have the talent plus we were screwed by the injury bug. Surely nobody on this board thinks we have the talent to be an NCAA tourney team. Or really to overcome being as careless with the ball as AU was today nor do we have the talent to miss more FTs than we make and still win. Even if we limit it to just one of those bad stats in a game we generally won't be in a position to win. We have NO POINT GUARD on the entire roster. Our best rebounder is 6'5 and has to run the point for us at times. The part that sucks is that even with how bad we played we could've won this game if the refs weren't....I won't say anything nice so I'll just shut up about them. We don't have enough fire power to overcome how the refs were tonight that's how I'll leave it.

The first half of his sentence is right. Second is too. Quit bashing him.

I'm with you. Our players have played hard all season long minus a few moments. But we still don't have the talent plus we were screwed by the injury bug. Surely nobody on this board thinks we have the talent to be an NCAA tourney team. Or really to overcome being as careless with the ball as AU was today nor do we have the talent to miss more FTs than we make and still win. Even if we limit it to just one of those bad stats in a game we generally won't be in a position to win. We have NO POINT GUARD on the entire roster. Our best rebounder is 6'5 and has to run the point for us at times. The part that sucks is that even with how bad we played we could've won this game if the refs weren't....I won't say anything nice so I'll just shut up about them. We don't have enough fire power to overcome how the refs were tonight that's how I'll leave it.

My hope for humanity is restored.

The officiating was atrocious both ways tonight.

I hope the SEC takes a nice long look at how awful this game was to watch.

Both teams were equally screwed but AU got theirs in the final minutes of the game.

Well it suck now but I really think the future is better. God I hope so it does get old not being relevant

I don't see us getting much better next year without a couple of big men. The Canty loss was also a big one. Hopefully the key players will stick around for 2017 when Pearl will hopefully start to make some noise.

Well it suck now but I really think the future is better. God I hope so it does get old not being relevant

I don't see us getting much better next year without a couple of big men. The Canty loss was also a big one. Hopefully the key players will stick around for 2017 when Pearl will hopefully start to make some noise.

Been so long since we've been even decent I can't remember

I'm beginning to think that you are not getting your point across. You many want to consider a different approach in the future. .

Nothing is ever going to get through to A4E. I don't know what his deal is but it's not likely to ever change.

Nothing is ever going to get through to A4E. I don't know what his deal is but it's not likely to ever change.

I figured that but was just trying to avoid being a negative person...and give the be fit of the doubt...and now it is good night time....

Officials notwithstanding, Auburn (if the score holds) has nobody to blame but themselves for the loss.

Yes indeed. In the last 12 minutes of the game I counted three unforced walks, two silly unforced turnovers, one on the right side of the court and one on the left side plus two terrible decisions in the paint. As bad as the refs were they had nothing to do with the above. Add in the horrible FT shooting and we did this to ourselves. Without these things we would have won this game by a double-digit margin.

Officials notwithstanding, Auburn (if the score holds) has nobody to blame but themselves for the loss.

Yes indeed. In the last 12 minutes of the game I counted three unforced walks, two silly unforced turnovers, one on the right side of the court and one on the left side plus two terrible decisions in the paint. As bad as the refs were they had nothing to do with the above. Add in the horrible FT shooting and we did this to ourselves. Without these things we would have won this game by a double-digit margin.

Probably true...but bama matched us in ineptness with their own bad foul shooting, turnovers, etc.....seems that maybe the officiating might have been the difference in the game.

Basically we had two bad teams playing bad basketball......along with bad officiating.....all in all it was typical SEC basketball in the lower ranks of the conference again this year.

Been so long since we've been even decent I can't remember

We have only been in the NCAA Tourney twice since 2000. Think about it.......that's 14 years we couldn't even make a field of 64. Over that length of time the lack of talent has to be a big factor.

How come we are ALWAYS so bad at FTs? We are last in the conference right now.

Because the only guys going to the line are for AU are bad FT shooters. uat shot pretty poorly from the line as well and I was amazed at how bad Obamasson (whatever) was a shooting FTs. He has no height on his FT attempts.

How come we are ALWAYS so bad at FTs? We are last in the conference right now.

Because the only guys going to the line are for AU are bad FT shooters. uat shot pretty poorly from the line as well and I was amazed at how bad Obamasson (whatever) was a shooting FTs. He has no height on his FT attempts.

So true....as for AU , Brown is the only guy shooting over 70% and two starters are shooting barely over 50%.....about anyone handling the ball late in a game is a bad FT shooter for AU and the opposition knows it so they just foul away without concern. A bad situation for sure.

Not only do any of Auburn's players look like they could tear a telephone book in half, most of them look as if they couldn't tear a page out of the phone book.

Cim Bowers probably says otherwise and TJ Dunans isn't a stick either.

Not only do any of Auburn's players look like they could tear a telephone book in half, most of them look as if they couldn't tear a page out of the phone book.

Shh. You'll ruin his witty joke.

Shh. You'll ruin his witty joke.

I didn't catch the joke :(

Archived