Texas A and M game 3

Aggies nailed 3:1 pitch down the middle from Lipscomb and take a 1-0 lead going to the bottom on first.

Things settled down....into the 3rd inning and still 1-0....a far cry from the first two games. CL doing a pretty good job since that pitching error allowing that HR to the lead-off batter.

Well darn..AU took a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the 3rd and is in the process of giving it back.....Aggies get consecutive hits and a run scores on an infield single and men on first and 3rd with no outs.

And next batter lines the ball off the 3B bag to score another run...leaving 2 on and no outs.

Sac bunt moves runners to 2nd and 3rd

CL looks like he's throwing batting practice.....that 85 mph fast ball down the middle is not doing the job. Aggies get another couple hits and now lead 5-3 with men on base and one out. He was able to move his pitches around for a while but once he lost command the aggies have been hitting him hard.

Looks like Cole's day is done and Mitchell comes in to stop the bleeding.

Awful fourth inning for Auburn defense and pitching. 8 runs on 9 hits and 1 error for TAMU in the fourth. Going to B4, 9-3 TAMU. With the way AU has been swinging the bats this weekend, don't count this game as lost yet. Definitely don't fully expect a win, but let's stick around a bit.

Well...the top of the 4th has been a disaster....Aggies batted around to get 9 hits plus an error...score 8 runs to take a 9-3 lead.

Still time for AU to respond but the pitching has to hold the line here to give the Tigers a chance to respond. .

28+ runs so far in about 22 innings...I'm not sure this team has a single weekend-caliber starter, Texas A&Ms immense talent advantage notwithstanding

Of course I guess I could also argue against myself and say TAMU has given up 22 runs in 22 innings so they're in the same boat.

Well....it's really gotten interesting all of a sudden.

Hoping Mitchell or whoever can keep the aggies where they are for a couple more innings.

Mitchell holding the aggies another inning....

AU with 3 more at bats....

Grier way too casual on the long fly....looked like it drifted further than he expected.....let the aggies back to 3 runs. ...and another hit past Grier...dived but could not get it an another run scores and runner on 3rd.

Just could not keep the aggies off the bases.

12-10 final huh....had to run an errand and missed the last couple innings. Sounds like a typical Sunday game....opportunity for the hitters to build up their averages at the expense of a few inexperienced pitchers.

All in all though two wins against a couple ranked teams in a week is not too bad for this team. Looks to me like things might get better if we could just find a little more pitching.

I just keep thinking we're gonna mold together at some point. The offensive production against the Aggies this weekend was a thing of beauty. This was the first time I can remember getting down by more than 5 runs and thinking that we were still in the game. 4 quality, highly competitive games in a week against ranked opponents, and a sign of huge offensive things to come? Sure it's a series loss, but to a #3 ranked team and? Find me a series they could lose this year outside of Vandy or Florida (maybe Miss St) and I'll be shocked

I just keep thinking we're gonna mold together at some point. The offensive production against the Aggies this weekend was a thing of beauty. This was the first time I can remember getting down by more than 5 runs and thinking that we were still in the game. 4 quality, highly competitive games in a week against ranked opponents, and a sign of huge offensive things to come? Sure it's a series loss, but to a #3 ranked team and? Find me a series they could lose this year outside of Vandy or Florida (maybe Miss St) and I'll be shocked

Indeed....this is the kind of offensive production we were looking for when the minor league baseball got into play last year. Took AU and other teams a bit to beef up the hitters and get away from punch and judy baseball but nice to see that we have more than one or two guys who drive it to the wall...or over the wall and can fight back from a deficit. Not like the pre-2010 style of play but good to see that a 3 run lead in the 5th inning no longer guarantees a win.

Archived