Baseball @ Arkansas Game 1

Shoulda pulled Camp last inning....was not able to command his pitches and it's just a matter of time before one goes over the fence...AU fortunate on that hit....but score is now 2-1 and runner on base with one out.

Another hit and another run...game tied at 2-2

And now Camp is out with runner on base which is his responsibility....Klobosits in to pitch....did a great job against TAMU last weekend....hope he can put an end to this inning and keep Arky under control the rest of the way.

AU been hitting the ball pretty well but stranded quite a few runners. JMO but our scoring is not over for the night.

Outstanding DB.....Nulph to Gray to first...good snag of the low throw to save the play.

SO Camp is off the hook and AU needs some more runs.

I'm usually an optimist on here so I get a pass one time: this looks all too familiar. We get a lead, let a good team back in it, make a few plays to stay in it, but our bats go quiet and they end up scoring one late to win. Tired of the cycle and really hope we break that tonight. Come on Tigers

Arky reliever owning our batters...a bunch of Ks....not even a few good foul balls

I'm usually an optimist on here so I get a pass one time: this looks all too familiar. We get a lead, let a good team back in it, make a few plays to stay in it, but our bats go quiet and they end up scoring one late to win. Tired of the cycle and really hope we break that tonight. Come on Tigers

o

Well you nailed it...Arky scores winning run in bottom of the ninth. Some poor base running cost cost AU......plus missed opportunities...kinda familiar.

o

Well you nailed it...Arky scores winning run in bottom of the ninth. Some poor base running cost cost AU......plus missed opportunities...kinda familiar.

After a few years of Auburn baseball you get used to getting beat in walk-off fashion

o

After a few years of Auburn baseball you get used to getting beat in walk-off fashion

Usually only happens in road games however... :) Can't recall when we've last won a walk-off....been quite a while perhaps.

Don't know if that guy was Arky's usual closer but he totally dominated the AU hitters the last two innings....lost count of the K's but it was a bunch of them.

Camp did a nice job but stayed an inning too long.....but with such questionable middle men and closers, he was still probably the best option even when the ball started moving around on him.

Once Camp had trouble throwing strikes, it was just a matter of time until he threw some strikes that were "too good" and the Arky hitters would get lined up on his fast balls down the middle.

Hoping for better things today.

Game was lost well before their closer came in. We left 14 runners on base...twice with them loaded. All we needed was a couple of hits and the Tigers win easily.

Hard to win when you only score two runs.

I couldn't watch last night's game, but watching Auburn's baserunning for the past several years makes me crazy. We do things on the bases your average 12 year-old would be ashamed of.

Archived