2017 4* Juco WR Brandon Martin (Arkansas 12/14/16)

ellitor

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I'm calling horse crap right now.  We know your agenda to bash Kodi... Gus, Rhett... Hell the entire staff except Horton and fountain.  

Tell us your inside source for this bs line of thinking or stop with the DC>Kodi bullcrap.  Kodi was already in FBS football with the same position to coach with a head coach that wins fairly consistently.  Mama called and he came home.  In 2 years if all has gone to hell then tell us how right you were.  

WDE is right... this is Dameyune.

tifwiw

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I don't know where to say it but will start here . This new format is going to take some getting used to . Only spent a few minutes on it but I am totally lost 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wow, I don't know where to say it but will start here . This new format is going to take some getting used to . Only spent a few minutes on it but I am totally lost 

play around with it a bit. The intent I believe was to stream line things a bit.

I'll say the same thing about Dameyune that I've said in the past. Anyone claiming he LOOOOVES Auburn is blind. He loves his job. Good for him, but he routinely goes out of his way to hurt Auburn's football program. He did it at FSU. He's doing it at LSU. Dameyune is great at his job, but no one that loves someone or something goes out of their way to hurt that thing or person as a matter of routine. Dameyune does it all the time. I loved DC as a player. I like DC as a personality. I don't know him one-on-one. I think he's the lowest of low-down when it comes to recruiting against Auburn.

Even so, I'm not particularly concerned with a JUCO WR. Brandon Martin could be a stud. He certainly looks like one, but given our current roster construction, I don't think there's a real need for a short-term impact player at that position. That is especially true if John Franklin is going to be the QB for one of those seasons because it reduces the number of pass attempts we're likely to see. Personal opinion, I'd rather focus our efforts on HS WRs or other positions.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kodi could turn out to be a good coach one day but he has no business on the AU staff right now.  

DC owns just about every coach in the country when it comes to recruiting.  I was really just busting Mikey's balls about Kodi reeling in his first recruit. 

I have to admit this is how I feel. Kodi has A LOT of work and learning to do. What other team in the SEC would take him as their WR coach right now? He is at AU because he went to AU. No way he is on this staff without that tie.

FWIW I hope Kodi gets to spoon feed me every last word of this post at seasons end!

More accurately, he's on this staff because he played for Gus and worked for Rhett. If they were at Arkansas, he'd be at Arkansas.

Sorry CIV but some folks think the only reason a coach is at AU is because he is not good enough to coach elsewhere in the Power 5 and can't afford to stay in HS coaching.

21 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'll say the same thing about Dameyune that I've said in the past. Anyone claiming he LOOOOVES Auburn is blind. He loves his job. Good for him, but he routinely goes out of his way to hurt Auburn's football program. He did it at FSU. He's doing it at LSU. Dameyune is great at his job, but no one that loves someone or something goes out of their way to hurt that thing or person as a matter of routine. Dameyune does it all the time. I loved DC as a player. I like DC as a personality. I don't know him one-on-one. I think he's the lowest of low-down when it comes to recruiting against Auburn.

I don't know that the current situation has anything to do with Auburn. I think this is all about Craig and Gus. There is no love lost between the two and I think Craig is going to take every shot he can at Gus. It's a commonly know fact that Craig uses negative recruiting, but I don't think he negative recruited against Auburn any more than he did any other school while he was at FSU. Now, I have no trouble believing he's targeting Auburn, but it has nothing to do with Auburn and everything to do with the fact that he doesn't like Gus. I truly believe that if Gus left and Craig was offered a chance to come back, he'd seriously consider it. If it was as OC, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Of course he would jump at the chance to come back to Auburn as an offensive coordinator. It's a promotion and more money. 

You should go back and dig on the junk he was spewing at FSU. He was absolutely attacking Auburn more than other places. Keep in mind, his recruiting responsibilities at FSU included Mobile and south Alabama so his job required him to recruit against us as much as any other school. The guy has hammered Auburn in multiple jobs over multiple years. Blaming it on Gus doesn't jibe with history.

He would come back to Auburn, and he would do a fine job recruiting for Auburn. He's very good at his job. The point is, his "love" for Auburn never stops him from intentionally trying to gut the place when it benefits Dameyune. That's not love.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kodi could turn out to be a good coach one day but he has no business on the AU staff right now.  

DC owns just about every coach in the country when it comes to recruiting.  I was really just busting Mikey's balls about Kodi reeling in his first recruit. 

So, Craig has recruited Martin to LSU? When is the public commitment scheduled?

I'm inclined to stick with the academic issue.....sounds like he will not be an EE at AU and might be looking for an EE slot somewhere else?   Saw nothing to indicate that LSU or anyone else had caused him to change his mind......or he would have likely said so.    Do I note that AU is still on his list?  

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm inclined to stick with the academic issue.....sounds like he will not be an EE at AU and might be looking for an EE slot somewhere else?   Saw nothing to indicate that LSU or anyone else had caused him to change his mind......or he would have likely said so.    Do I note that AU is still on his list?  

WDE. Craig is within his insider knowledge base.

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Of course he would jump at the chance to come back to Auburn as an offensive coordinator. It's a promotion and more money. 

You should go back and dig on the junk he was spewing at FSU. He was absolutely attacking Auburn more than other places. Keep in mind, his recruiting responsibilities at FSU included Mobile and south Alabama so his job required him to recruit against us as much as any other school. The guy has hammered Auburn in multiple jobs over multiple years. Blaming it on Gus doesn't jibe with history.

He would come back to Auburn, and he would do a fine job recruiting for Auburn. He's very good at his job. The point is, his "love" for Auburn never stops him from intentionally trying to gut the place when it benefits Dameyune. That's not love.

Well said

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Yes  & we are still recruiting him.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Call BS. I don't care. It is what it is. 

This is when you know a guy is right, when he replies like this lol

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Well said

Smh. Jeff we've been missing each other lately, we need to get back on the same page, that's a ridiculous post you're cosigning there

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

There is a reason Martin de-committed AUfast. 

And lol at the grades angle. So AU offered and pushed for a commitment, kid commits, and a couple days later AU backs off? Sure. 

I don't know...makes more sense than "we push him to commit and then he de-commits a week later to work on his academics and football ' ....as if that requirement never existed?

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

He is dead on correct though. DC has negatively recruited Auburn many times just because it's a part of its job. I remember when he was at FSU and won a recruiting battle in 2012 and he was doing that darn towel whip making fun of Trooper. What issue did you have with the statement?

If he didn't nega-recruit AU while employed at a competitor he would be doing his job poorly. Especially when he's in the state of Alabama trying to get guys out of our backyard. If you and your wife worked for rival companies vying for the same project contract would you go easy on trying to get the contract because your wife's company is also eyeing the same contract? That would be bad business. In coaching, alma-mater ties are irrelevant. Your loyalty lies to your employer. You think Kirby Smart wasn't trying to put  a negative spin in kids' ears when he was employed at Bama? Does that mean he loves UGA less? No.

In the coaching world, DC no longer views AU as "Auburn University". He views our football program as a threat to his job and he needs to ensure he keeps his job and part of that is beating AU on the field and on the recruiting trail.

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If he didn't nega-recruit AU while employed at a competitor he would be doing his job poorly. Especially when he's in the state of Alabama trying to get guys out of our backyard. If you and your wife worked for rival companies vying for the same project contract would you go easy on trying to get the contract because your wife's company is also eyeing the same contract? That would be bad business. In coaching, alma-mater ties are irrelevant. Your loyalty lies to your employer. You think Kirby Smart wasn't trying to put  a negative spin in kids' ears when he was employed at Bama? Does that mean he loves UGA less? No.

In the coaching world, DC no longer views AU as "Auburn University". He views our football program as a threat to his job and he needs to ensure he keeps his job and part of that is beating AU on the field and on the recruiting trail.

There's doing his job and then there's being downright nasty towards AU. Craig was downright nasty to his "beloved school" when at FSU. (See the above mentioned towel waving and that's just scratching the surface) Now he's at LSU and I expect him to be even more nasty toward Auburn. That seems to be how he rolls.

With all due respect the towel imitation when FSU landed Ronald Darby is not even remotely close to nasty. It was uncalled for since they always led but not nasty. TBH however he recruits versus everyone else is the same way he should recruit against us. We should not get preferential treatment. That would be a disservice to his job, especially since he is in the same division & our competitors.

21 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Call BS. I don't care. It is what i

18 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know that the current situation has anything to do with Auburn. I think this is all about Craig and Gus. There is no love lost between the two and I think Craig is going to take every shot he can at Gus. It's a commonly know fact that Craig uses negative recruiting, but I don't think he negative recruited against Auburn any more than he did any other school while he was at FSU. Now, I have no trouble believing he's targeting Auburn, but it has nothing to do with Auburn and everything to do with the fact that he doesn't like Gus. I truly believe that if Gus left and Craig was offered a chance to come back, he'd seriously consider it. If it was as OC, he'd do it in a 

Saying he negatively recruits more against Auburn than any other school, saying he doesn't love his old school, especially the check part like it's different for anybody else. Being nasty all that crap

And it always coming from the people that want to make Gus out as Jesus with an impeccable character. All that is bull

WDE has been dishing out accurate info on this board for a while now. He's voiced his hope that Gus can right the ship but has given several examples of issues that concern him as a supporter of the program. Why do some people get so mad about his take on things? I can remember fans acting the same way when Chiz was losing control at the helm and questions began to arise. And Golf and Bird have expressed concerns of their own but not as often as WDE.

Archived