2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

Resident recruiting pessimist here, but why would a commitment keep other teams from getting involved with his recruitment? It would just signal to them that he's willing to change his allegiance. Yes, the Baylor situation is bad, but once you have broken a commitment it's much easier to do it again the next time regardless of the circumstances.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resident recruiting pessimist here, but why would a commitment keep other teams from getting involved with his recruitment? It would just signal to them that he's willing to change his allegiance. Yes, the Baylor situation is bad, but once you have broken a commitment it's much easier to do it again the next time regardless of the circumstances.

yep

Things are looking very good here for AU. If he flips soon it's highly likely AU. If he draws the process out other teams may get involved.

Good.

Let's hope he goes ahead and makes a move. He is a smooth talented QB.

Is today soon enough? Looks like Kellen is bringing some friends with him also.

Which friends?

I don't see QB's flip a whole lot during the senior year. Most usually flip in time to help recruit from I've noticed.

I don't see QB's flip a whole lot during the senior year. Most usually flip in time to help recruit from I've noticed.

Good morning Jeffery.

Good morning Jeffery.

mmhmm

Well reports are he will be done when he commits barring a coaching change with the committed school. Some player do and don't follow through with that but that's the info as of now.

Well reports are he will be done when he commits barring a coaching change with the committed school. Some player do and don't follow through with that but that's the info as of now.

What happened at Baylor is a pretty unique situation too. Even if he committed to us originally, its likely that other schools would continue to recruit him, right?

Good morning Jeffery.

mmhmm

The reply I get when I piss off women friends and family. Not implying you're a woman in any way.

If Kellen decommits then doesn't commit until NSD, this thread has the potential to break our current record for number of posts/pages (Reuben Foster?). Of course depending how September goes, the"meltdown" thread might give Reuben some competition too.

Good morning Jeffery.

lol

What happened at Baylor is a pretty unique situation too. Even if he committed to us originally, its likely that other schools would continue to recruit him, right?

If he let's them which reports are he won't. Solidly committed players have the control if they want it in terms of being recruited by other teams or not. Some don't realize it. Others just want the attention.

If Kellen decommits then doesn't commit until NSD, this thread has the potential to break our current record for number of posts/pages (Reuben Foster?). Of course depending how September goes, the"meltdown" thread might give Reuben some competition too.

He will commit very soon maybe even ????

If he let's them which reports are he won't. Solidly committed players have the control if they want it in terms of being recruited by other teams or not. Some don't realize it. Others just want the attention.

So what you are saying is schools generally respect a player's wishes should he tell them his recruitment is "closed"?

Good morning Jeffery.

mmhmm

The reply I get when I piss off women friends and family. Not implying you're a woman in any way.

Pfft

SMDH

(and)

SMH

Not even close. I believe Seastrunk has the AUF/AE record right Golf?...Ironic Seastrunk went to Baylor.

Not even close. I believe Seastrunk has the AUF/AE record right Golf?...Ironic Seastrunk went to Baylor.

Seastrunk. Man, poor kid. I still cringe when I think about that interview he did before the NCG in 2011.

So what you are saying is schools generally respect a player's wishes should he tell them his recruitment is "closed"?

No. I'm saying the players have the control. They can block pnone numbers & people on social media if need be.

No. I'm saying the players have the control. They can block pnone numbers & people on social media if need be.

So teams aren't stopping, players are just restricting access. Got it.

I believe your correct

If folks here get there way, then there will be a coaching change before he signs.

So teams aren't stopping, players are just restricting access. Got it.

Some teams don't let their players visit other schools once committed. Just depends on the player and coach.

Archived