2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

Even though Mond not commit as soon as we had hoped we are still the leader. Ohio State got him to hold off because they know when he commits his recruitment will be over. Even if Ohio State is ready for Mond to commit I still believe he chooses us. I expect Mond to be our qb for this class.

In my best Jim Ross voice... "OH MY GAWD!!! 23 IS BACK FOLKS! 23 IS BACK! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! THE FANS ARE GOING CRAZY!"

My reaction

200_s.gif

Welcome back 23. Glad to see you.

I wouldn't mind hearing it in a Gordon Solie voice myself but good ole JR knows how to put some excitement into what he does.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Mond not commit as soon as we had hoped we are still the leader. Ohio State got him to hold off because they know when he commits his recruitment will be over. Even if Ohio State is ready for Mond to commit I still believe he chooses us. I expect Mond to be our qb for this class.

Oh my god 23 hello

Dude has that Nick Marshall playing and running style.

No, he doesn't.

Yeah, I'm not sure who I'd compare him to, but Nick Marshall isn't it.

http://www.hudl.com/v/Q6gRz

Big, tall, long strider type. Exact opposite of Nick, who was short, quick and shifty.

Good discussion on Mond. Happy it brought 23 in for a minute. I would love it if Mond committed soon and did some recruiting for us. BTW, is Mond expected at BCW?

Good discussion on Mond. Happy it brought 23 in for a minute. I would love it if Mond committed soon and did some recruiting for us. BTW, is Mond expected at BCW?

Bottom of OP on the BCW thread Link

*** AU's #1 QB target 4* QB Kellen Mond will be in Cali for the first part of the Elite 11 finals & not BCW.

I would compare Mond to DeShaun Watson if I had to make a comparison. He is a good runner but always has his eyes down field looking for an open wr. I am by no means saying Mond is the next DW, but that is a good comparison for style of play.

I would compare Mond to DeShawn Watson if I had to make a comparison. He is a good runner but always has his eyes down field looking for an open wr. I am by no means saying Mond is the next DW, but that is a good comparison for style of play.

I'll take this.

Mond is a better passer than Narcisse...

I feel better after reading 23's comments, but Mond still has me a little worried, by waiting to appease the bucknuts...

So what happened at 1:30?

Auburn softball World Series at 1:30 we just defeated UCLA 10-3. Next up is UGA who beat FSU earlier. We'll play them in a week or so.

So what happened at 1:30?

Auburn softball World Series at 1:30 we just defeated UCLA 10-3. Next up is UGA who beat FSU earlier. We'll play them in a week or so.

Ahh yeah I completely missed that. I hate to admit that I really don't pay attention to anything but Auburn football. I'm a much better Ole Miss fan in that regard.

I know gatewood said something about it in one of his videos that's why I said that

What did he say? I don't remember.

Don't remember exactly but I think something like he's going to ask Gus about his plans for him because of us recruiting other qb's. But that could be sort of wrong. It was the video where KN was talking to him while he was throwing to two other guys

^ so Gus counters with "you're my guy" to Gatewood like with everyone else lol, but is he going to feel comfortable with that?

Maybe that's the visit to us?

247 indicating he's taking another visit. I'm assuming that's to tOSU.

TAMU next weekend for their recruit bar-b-q. Ausbon is going with him. No plans set as to when he will visit AU or TOSU. TOSU is still seen as the bigger threat.

^ so Gus counters with "you're my guy" to Gatewood like with everyone else lol, but is he going to feel comfortable with that?

If he doesn't, what do you suggest? We should not sign another QB until Gatewood is entering his junior year at Auburn? If the guy can't stand competition (which I doubt), then maybe Samford would be a better fit for him. If he comes to Auburn there will be top-flight QB's ahead of him and behind him every season. If not, we're doing a very poor job of recruiting and that hasn't happened yet.

Just watched mond's highlights. I dont feel as strongly as most of you fo about his ability. I think his highlights show him hitting a reciever in stride maybe twice. Other than that its all underthrown. fortunately for him, it seems like his recievers are all open enough for it to not matter but no way does that level of accuracy fly in college.

Archived